We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up

In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up:
    [QUOTE]I would not be complaining if the Celts are clearly a bad team. But from what I saw, this current Celts team still has 1 run left in them. Ray is playing great, Pierce is coming along, and while KG is not great on offense, he's still a great defender. Plus, Bass is a terrific addition. All this team needs is an upgrade, the rest of the pieces are there.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

enter danny ainge, in a drunken state, with a pen loaded with all the wrong ink.  sign jerlame to an amount that will surely exceed the new CBA MLE, for one year into the new CBA.  story finished!

you really want to see a dilbert arenass or some other washed up dingbat come to town for vet min and call that the "right piece"?  heck, why not latrine sprewell for that matter?

dummy danny has painted us into a corner again.  this team had no margin for error with KG in his solid gold 27 million dollar year of that gag-tastic contract so we had no room for error, but danny gave us a nice big one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : That's what I mean, Rondo should be improving and getting better as the years go by. But the opposite happened, he regressed instead!

are you really JUST noticing this now?  i mean c'mon.  danny tried to get rid of rondo this pre-season.  he couldn't get any team to put a f@rt in a wet paper bag in exchange for rajon.  for years i noted the asse backwards trending of rondo's offensive numbers and said "trade now, while someone else will buy the snake oil".  and now he's worth nothing because the shine is off of te p@@pie that is his offensive game.

he's got what?  3 more years @ 10million?  3 more years of allegedly trying to be our cornerstone guy after the big 3 start (kg already has 9 toes into that) phasing out?  he can't do it.  rondo can't "run" a team that doesn't have dominant veteran shooters on it to cover up his mess.

and then nothing can cover up his mess in the slow down game.  this has been true the last five years.  and now it's too late.  rondo has some elite skills in very specific categories of the game, and then the rest of the trashy skill baggage he lugs around makes him.................  worth nothing on the open market.

there was a point where he had to step it up and become a competent offensive player to legitimately extend this team's relevance and extra year or two.  he hasn't done it.  and by not doing so, he's exposed himself to the whole league as not worth having on your roster come playoff time..... it's not if his disappearing act will happen, but WHEN in the slow down post season or for that matter ANY portion of ANY game that goes slow down for pace.

old team, more slow down pace all the time, you get the picture.  but where were your eyes two years ago when we could have gotten a real full skilled PG for him?  now we can't / won't get squat for him.  at the end of this 10M a year contract, he'll be worth 6M a year, still in his prime, with jacque vaughan scoring numbers sans the big 3...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Steve Nash and Robin Lopez
    If you want one last shot, this is the way to go!!!!!
    You still need a top flight pt guard..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Pierce goes 3 for 17 and it's Rondo's fault?
    If he hits 45% of these, do we have a shot at winning the game??
    Does it force their defense to spread??
    Does it create driving lanes?
    Overall, just an ugly game...I think Pierce forced several of thos shots..
    Why did he not take some mid range shots to balance.
    But I agree, when Rondo is not scoring at least regularly, we do look bad!
    He was forcing way to many assists..and Pierce being a gunner...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : are you really JUST noticing this now?  i mean c'mon.  danny tried to get rid of rondo this pre-season.  he couldn't get any team to put a f@rt in a wet paper bag in exchange for rajon.  for years i noted the asse backwards trending of rondo's offensive numbers and said "trade now, while someone else will buy the snake oil".  and now he's worth nothing because the shine is off of te p@@pie that is his offensive game. he's got what?  3 more years @ 10million?  3 more years of allegedly trying to be our cornerstone guy after the big 3 start (kg already has 9 toes into that) phasing out?  he can't do it.  rondo can't "run" a team that doesn't have dominant veteran shooters on it to cover up his mess. and then nothing can cover up his mess in the slow down game.  this has been true the last five years.  and now it's too late.  rondo has some elite skills in very specific categories of the game, and then the rest of the trashy skill baggage he lugs around makes him.................  worth nothing on the open market. there was a point where he had to step it up and become a competent offensive player to legitimately extend this team's relevance and extra year or two.  he hasn't done it.  and by not doing so, he's exposed himself to the whole league as not worth having on your roster come playoff time..... it's not if his disappearing act will happen, but WHEN in the slow down post season or for that matter ANY portion of ANY game that goes slow down for pace. old team, more slow down pace all the time, you get the picture.  but where were your eyes two years ago when we could have gotten a real full skilled PG for him?  now we can't / won't get squat for him.  at the end of this 10M a year contract, he'll be worth 6M a year, still in his prime, with jacque vaughan scoring numbers sans the big 3...
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Why don't you stop beating around the bush, and tell us what you really think!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce goes 3 for 17 and it's Rondo's fault? If he hits 45% of these, do we have a shot at winning the game?? Does it force their defense to spread?? Does it create driving lanes? Overall, just an ugly game...I think Pierce forced several of thos shots.. Why did he not take some mid range shots to balance. But I agree, when Rondo is not scoring at least regularly, we do look bad! He was forcing way to many assists..and Pierce being a gunner...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Pierce going 3-17 didn't cause Rondo's typical disappearing act in the 4th quarter either. Zero points, 1 dime, 2 missed FTs last night in the 4th quarter.

For the season, in 8 games, Rondo has 12 (count them)  4th quarter points and 17 4th quarter dimes.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : are you really JUST noticing this now?  i mean c'mon.  danny tried to get rid of rondo this pre-season.  he couldn't get any team to put a f@rt in a wet paper bag in exchange for rajon.  for years i noted the asse backwards trending of rondo's offensive numbers and said "trade now, while someone else will buy the snake oil".  and now he's worth nothing because the shine is off of te p@@pie that is his offensive game. he's got what?  3 more years @ 10million?  3 more years of allegedly trying to be our cornerstone guy after the big 3 start (kg already has 9 toes into that) phasing out?  he can't do it.  rondo can't "run" a team that doesn't have dominant veteran shooters on it to cover up his mess. and then nothing can cover up his mess in the slow down game.  this has been true the last five years.  and now it's too late.  rondo has some elite skills in very specific categories of the game, and then the rest of the trashy skill baggage he lugs around makes him.................  worth nothing on the open market. there was a point where he had to step it up and become a competent offensive player to legitimately extend this team's relevance and extra year or two.  he hasn't done it.  and by not doing so, he's exposed himself to the whole league as not worth having on your roster come playoff time..... it's not if his disappearing act will happen, but WHEN in the slow down post season or for that matter ANY portion of ANY game that goes slow down for pace. old team, more slow down pace all the time, you get the picture.  but where were your eyes two years ago when we could have gotten a real full skilled PG for him?  now we can't / won't get squat for him.  at the end of this 10M a year contract, he'll be worth 6M a year, still in his prime, with jacque vaughan scoring numbers sans the big 3...
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

After the 2007-8 season, Rondo needed to round out his game quickly to keep the window open for the aging Big Three.

The Cs didn't have 2-3 years waiting on him to fill out his game in a meaningful way.

Year 6 and his game is better in some ways and worse in other ways. Sadly, Not what the franchise needed at all with  the bulls eye suddenly on the Celtics back and the clock ticking.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Pierce going 3-17 didn't cause Rondo's typical disappearing act in the 4th quarter either. Zero points, 1 dime, 2 missed FTs last night in the 4th quarter. For the season, in 8 games, Rondo has 12 (count them)  4th quarter points and 17 4th quarter dimes. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I heard the Redskins are looking for a quarterback, maybe Rondo can try his hand, i mean arm at that!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up :  I heard the Redskins are looking for a quarterback, maybe Rondo can try his hand, i mean arm at that!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

No I was thinking that Rex had it locked up for next year with his strong showing (minus the TO's of course) late in the season even if the W-L record didn't really reflect his true value.

For Rex, an interception is something like a punt. Well almost. True the ball goes over to the other side but hopefully way down the field.

So tell me, Rex. What's a QB fumble in the backfield like?  Well, at least no points are taken off the scoreboard when that happens. Could be worse.

He'll start next year unless Jeff George can be coaxed out of retirement.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It is so hilarious to me.  This summer I proposed Rondo, JON and Bradley to the Suns for Pietrus, Nash and Lopez.  Fierce is my witness.  Everyone laughed and told me I was crazy.  Now, here it is, 9 games into the season.... we have Pietrus, and more and more people are clamoring for MY trade!!
    No one else better dare take credit for this  - if it happens, I'm calling Danny myself and applying for a job!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

whats really funny is that people complain about Rondo's defense, but they fail to realize that Steve Nash is considered by many as the WORST defensive point guard in the NBA. they would also know that he is averaging about 1.4 free throw attempts per game. they would also know that he is only averaging 12.7 ppg , 8.7 apg and 1.9 rbg this season. im sure thats a huge upgrade. he also has a 47% fg percentage to rondos 50+%..hmm. 

nvr fear though! Russell Westbrook to the rescue! he can shoot the 3 ball, right? of course he can. he is shooting a ridiculous 13% from the 3 pt line this year. FANTASTIC!! at least he can consistently hit jumpers right? mmhhmm..he is shooting 40% fg this season. averaging 16 shots a game, he shoots 40%. but hey, he is shooting 80% from the free throw stripe..i guess thats all that matters right?

all of this is better then Rondo none the less..i mean, he is shooting 59% free throws..hes GOTTA be terrible. well he is on the all pro team for defense...who cares about that. he cant shoot a jumper..but..well..he is shooting 53%..hmm....15.3ppg, 10.7 apg, 5.1 rpg.. hmmmmmmmmm....

u guys should do ur research instead of watching sportscenter highlights and thinking u know wat value a certain player brings to a team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]whats really funny is that people complain about Rondo's defense, but they fail to realize that Steve Nash is considered by many as the WORST defensive point guard in the NBA. they would also know that he is averaging about 1.4 free throw attempts per game. they would also know that he is only averaging 12.7 ppg , 8.7 apg and 1.9 rbg this season. im sure thats a huge upgrade. he also has a 47% fg percentage to rondos 50+%..hmm.  nvr fear though! Russell Westbrook to the rescue! he can shoot the 3 ball, right? of course he can. he is shooting a ridiculous 13% from the 3 pt line this year. FANTASTIC!! at least he can consistently hit jumpers right? mmhhmm..he is shooting 40% fg this season. averaging 16 shots a game, he shoots 40%. but hey, he is shooting 80% from the free throw stripe..i guess thats all that matters right? all of this is better then Rondo none the less..i mean, he is shooting 59% free throws..hes GOTTA be terrible. well he is on the all pro team for defense...who cares about that. he cant shoot a jumper..but..well..he is shooting 53%..hmm....15.3ppg, 10.7 apg, 5.1 rpg.. hmmmmmmmmm.... u guys should do ur research instead of watching sportscenter highlights and thinking u know wat value a certain player brings to a team.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I did my research.  Nash would excel in BOS for two reasons. 
    1.  It is a chance to chase a title.
    2.  He is in the last year of his contract

He would also be more available than Westbrook.  His ability to hit the outside shot would at least keep the defense honest.  I don't watch SportsCenter highlights and I only watch the Celtics.  Perhaps you should be more open-minded and offer your own solution instead of your childish derision!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : I did my research.  Nash would excel in BOS for two reasons.  1.  It is a chance to chase a title. 2.  He is in the last year of his contract He would also be more available than Westbrook.  His ability to hit the outside shot would at least keep the defense honest.  I don't watch SportsCenter highlights and I only watch the Celtics.  Perhaps you should be more open-minded and offer your own solution instead of your childish derision!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Nash is washed up.  Talk about a senior citizen line up.  I would hope that a trade would make us younger or more atheletic, not the senior rec league team. Nash a few years ago would be a good choice.  Nash in 2012, NO THANK YOU!  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : Nash would be a 1 year rental. After this season Nash's contract expires we get the cap space and get a fresh start.
    Fresh start?  Hello lottery!!!!!!!!!!!  Nash isnt going to get us a ring!!!  I dont care how motivated he is to get one.  That is putting a bandaid on a wound.  It doesnt solve the old legs of the big 3, the lack of bench production. rookies rotting on the bench, lack of rebounds, and no atheleticism.  How will Nash solve those problems?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : The deal would have to be Robin Lopez and Nash for Rondo and another player. In 2010 Robin Lopez did a decent job against Bynum and Gasol. He's an upgrade over JO.

I'm an upgrade over Jerlame and I'm 6'2.

Ugh!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We've been Exposed; Rondo's Time is Up : I'm an upgrade over Jerlame and I'm 6'2. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Derek Fisher?  Is that you??