What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW

I guess 9-25 is better than the 6-24 KoME shot when he stole Pau's finals MVP...

But giving up NINE STRAIGHT points, and KoME having TWO turnovers and a missed shot in the last 2 minutes.... in a game the officials tried to give LA OVER and OVER... pitiful.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW

Well I was going to say at least he took a shot, unlike LeBron... but then he let Blake lose the game for them... ha

I tell ya, the green jungle in Boston is a crazy place... but OKC's fans are something else...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The young team outplays the "veteran" team down the stretch...What does that tell you.??? It says OKC gets at least one in La...Maybe two.....Broom..Broomm..Sweep..Sweeps...the fat lady is warming up...
    sound familiar???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I hate the Lakers, especially after game 7 two years ago but don't count them out yet. OKC shot 60-65% 1st 3 qtrs game 1 but tonight they weren't falling. LA up by 7 tonight with 2 min to go. Why ? Bynum & Bryant 20 pts each and Gasol 14 pts and rebs were 41-36 so 5 extra chances for LA but the Biggies really controlled the paint winning with 46 to 34 points.  Now the series switches to LA and their two 7 footers will always keep them close if OKC shoots anywhere from 35-45%.

Again, don't count them out yet. I got 3 out of 4 on my personal parlay today, Celtics win & Lakers & Yankees lose but Sox lose to a team I hate almost as much as the Yankees, Tampa Bay !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW:
    I hate the Lakers, especially after game 7 two years ago but don't count them out yet. OKC shot 60-65% 1st 3 qtrs game 1 but tonight they weren't falling. LA up by 7 tonight with 2 min to go. Why ? Bynum & Bryant 20 pts each and Gasol 14 pts and rebs were 41-36 so 5 extra chances for LA but the Biggies really controlled the paint winning with 46 to 34 points.  Now the series switches to LA and their two 7 footers will always keep them close if OKC shoots anywhere from 35-45%. Again, don't count them out yet. I got 3 out of 4 on my personal parlay today, Celtics win & Lakers & Yankees lose but Sox lose to a team I hate almost as much as the Yankees, Tampa Bay !!!
    Posted by mandobello

Lakers are toast. They have to win 4 out of 5 and a back to back Friday and Saturday. Put a fork in them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree.....but, once again....that's why they play the games.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW : Lakers are toast. They have to win 4 out of 5 and a back to back Friday and Saturday. Put a fork in them.
    Posted by tompenny

Wow, I didn't know they got a back to back int he 2nd rd, I felt such relief when I heard we didn't... even though it was bogus our game 1 came on Sat and Miami/Indy who had BOTH been off longer got to play Sunday (F-you ABC).

But even if they win game 3, I really can't see those old legs in LA winning a game 4, especially considering it is unlikely they get a laugher like we did wher they can rest people, LA will trot Kobe and the bigs out for 40 minutes tomorrow if they are to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Where are those Laker trolls???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I can't lie. This one hurt. Not sure I've ever seen Kobe fall apart in the final minutes like he did last night. What a dramatic shift in the direction of this series. In the past when the Lakers were in the postition that OKC is in now, I always felt the series was essentially over. Despite that, I will never count out my team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well LA has lost every series it was down 2-0 in since Shaq left...

'07 vs. Suns

* This was when Kobe quit on his teammates like a complete loser yet was somehow awarded Pau in an 'at the time' joke of trade 7 months later. So he ran Shaq out of town, quit on the guys he had, demanded better teammates, and LA gave up nothing of value at the time to satisfy him... love ya Stern

'08 vs. Celtics

*subsequent games featured historic/pathetic collapse in game 4 at home, and the humiliating 39 point loss in game 6 in Boston as I lit up cigars in the nosebleeds...

'11 vs. Dallas

* The shameful black eye on the sport in game 4 of the pathetic SWEEP where LA showed its true colors as frontrunning thugs who pick on guys half their size and get ejected/suspended. (The Celts showed how to defend a title with heart and class when they went to 7 with the eventual EC champ Magic despite not having KG since February)

So clearly this entire run since the Gasol trade has featured a team of several disreputable human beings (Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Artest) turned into champions by a shady trade half the owners in the league called foul on (and several claimed to have made better offers for Gasol) 

Then they all act like immature thugs when they lose in humiliating fashion... and yet this is the team Stern needed to tell his refs to award the title to in game 7 two years ago over the gritty underdog Celtics playing with so much heart and pride through multiple injuries??? What a joke.

I wonder what the loser in Hollywood have in store when it all ends in game 4 or 5 this year???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakertrolls would never stop if this was the Celtics.  The only question is are they sweepbound like last year.

The back to backs are unfair to both teams  and no team in the playoffs should have to deal with it, but finally after years of getting breaks with home games with the Clippers they get screwed because the Clipper are in the playoffs.

I am assuming that Staples has booking problems with the Kings, Clippers and Lakers all in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW:
    I guess 9-25 is better than the 6-24 KoME shot when he stole Pau's finals MVP... But giving up NINE STRAIGHT points, and KoME having TWO turnovers and a missed shot in the last 2 minutes.... in a game the officials tried to give LA OVER and OVER... pitiful .
    Posted by rameakap

Mr. Bryant is getting hammered on the LA Times this morning............almost as much as Mr. Brown!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

What do you expect?  Kobe isn't going to be able to carry the team for 30 of 48 minutes anymore.  They have to be able to save him a bit for the 4th quarter.

Last night was the worst possible scenario for the lakers.  A close game that took a lot of energy but that they eventually lost.  Better for the lakers if the officials had just let the thunder open the game up in the second quarter as they were about to do before all the bizarre whistles.  Then they could have rested the starters and at least tried to win one game at home.

As it stands now, the lakers best shot at winning a game might be to throw game 3 and make a stand in game 4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW":
    Well LA has lost every series it was down 2-0 in since Shaq left... '07 vs. Suns * This was when Kobe quit on his teammates like a complete loser yet was somehow awarded Pau in an 'at the time' joke of trade 7 months later. So he ran Shaq out of town, quit on the guys he had, demanded better teammates, and LA gave up nothing of value at the time to satisfy him... love ya Stern '08 vs. Celtics *subsequent games featured historic/pathetic collapse in game 4 at home, and the humiliating 39 point loss in game 6 in Boston as I lit up cigars in the nosebleeds... '11 vs. Dallas * The shameful black eye on the sport in game 4 of the pathetic SWEEP where LA showed its true colors as frontrunning thugs who pick on guys half their size and get ejected/suspended. (The Celts showed how to defend a title with heart and class when they went to 7 with the eventual EC champ Magic despite not having KG since February) So clearly this entire run since the Gasol trade has featured a team of several disreputable human beings (Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Artest) turned into champions by a shady trade half the owners in the league called foul on (and several claimed to have made better offers for Gasol)  Then they all act like immature thugs when they lose in humiliating fashion... and yet this is the team Stern needed to tell his refs to award the title to in game 7 two years ago over the gritty underdog Celtics playing with so much heart and pride through multiple injuries??? What a joke. I wonder what the loser in Hollywood have in store when it all ends in game 4 or 5 this year??? Posted by rameakap
    Great post. I'm lovin this!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Am I the only guy who during the last 2 minutes thought about Game 7 two years ago. Firstly, Blake's pass to Kobe that Westbrook tried to intercept showed in the replay his hand did not touch the ball but he did disrupt Kobe's view & it went through Kobe's hands. But Refs gave ball to Lakers, I think. Why wasn't there a replay video in last 2 minutes ? LA was still ahead by 2 pts I think with about a min to go.

But when I think of Artest, Kobe & Blake 3 pts misses while wide open which could have been daggers, I recall, luck or skill, that Fisher & Artest made a couple of 3s against us in last closing minutes that were daggers. Fisher was to be expected, but Artest...UGH !!!  Want the next 2 games for Celtics for PP to heal, although he says his knees are fine, and for PP, KG & Allen to rest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What do you expect?  Kobe isn't going to be able to carry the team for 30 of 48 minutes anymore.  They have to be able to save him a bit for the 4th quarter. Last night was the worst possible scenario for the lakers.  A close game that took a lot of energy but that they eventually lost.  Better for the lakers if the officials had just let the thunder open the game up in the second quarter as they were about to do before all the bizarre whistles.  Then they could have rested the starters and at least tried to win one game at home. As it stands now, the lakers best shot at winning a game might be to throw game 3 and make a stand in game 4.
    Posted by cole-ely

Yup

The refs had instructions to slow the game down with ticky-tack BS early in the game in case OKC looked like they might build a big lead again... almost worked as the Thunder were rattled by their inability to get any breaks or seperation and the Lakers got an extra bounce in their step the longer the game stayed clsoe and became a halfcourt battle.

Luckily the team that deserved to win won. Same with Miami missing FT's to put an end to the ref's annoying touch foul calls at the end of that game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Am I the only guy who during the last 2 minutes thought about Game 7 two years ago. Firstly, Blake's pass to Kobe that Westbrook tried to intercept showed in the replay his hand did not touch the ball but he did disrupt Kobe's view & it went through Kobe's hands. But Refs gave ball to Lakers, I think. Why wasn't there a replay video in last 2 minutes ? LA was still ahead by 2 pts I think with about a min to go. But when I think of Artest, Kobe & Blake 3 pts misses while wide open which could have been daggers, I recall, luck or skill, that Fisher & Artest made a couple of 3s against us in last closing minutes that were daggers. Fisher was to be expected, but Artest...UGH !!!  Want the next 2 games for Celtics for PP to heal, although he says his knees are fine, and for PP, KG & Allen to rest.
    Posted by mandobello

I always think of game 7 two years ago during Laker games that they win with the help of the zebra's... luckily they lost last night.

It wasn't the last two minutes last night tho that reminded me of '10... yes the refs were quick to say that ball Kobe touched last was LA's, but they checked the video and got it right.... otherwise it was careless TO's, old legs and missed 3's that lost the game for LA... not the refs

However, there was a stretch in the 2nd quarter where the refs slowed down the game and gave LA break after break, when it appeared the Thunder were going to turn a 3-5 point lead into double dig's by halftime... that reminded me SO MUCH of '10 it was sickening.

I doubt anything will EVER be as bad as that 4th quarter robbery again, considering the stakes, the volume of blown calls over so many minutes, and the complete opposite way that game was called for 3 quarters... but the phantom fouls on Perk, Collison and Sepholosha, all in a row... were pitiful examples of either favortism/league agenda to extend the series... or guys incredibly inept at their jobs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Newsflash. L.A. is not that good.

It is hilarious that those dudes that wasted days out of thier lives doing nothing but trying to aggravate Celtics fans only made this sweeter.  If it wasn't for them no one would be even writing about L.A. right now.  Because they aren't that good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Truth

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW:
    I guess 9-25 is better than the 6-24 KoME shot when he stole Pau's finals MVP... But giving up NINE STRAIGHT points, and KoME having TWO turnovers and a missed shot in the last 2 minutes.... in a game the officials tried to give LA OVER and OVER... pitiful .
    Posted by rameakap

Now come on ramekap, did you really expect KoMe to do any better than he did?  What a glorious end it will be to the Lackers/Fakers/Chokers/Losers season to see them get swept out of the playoffs once again after last season's thug meltdown.  And KoMe gets to go down in the annals of NBA lore as one of the greatest whiners of all time.  Can't wait!!!!

As Always,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Newsflash. L.A. is not that good. It is hilarious that those dudes that wasted days out of thier lives doing nothing but trying to aggravate Celtics fans only made this sweeter.  If it wasn't for them no one would be even writing about L.A. right now.  Because they aren't that good.
    Posted by snakeoil123

To be fair, the Lakers would look a lot better playing an 8 seed. ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: What a CHOKE by KoME and LA... WOW : To be fair, the Lakers would look a lot better playing an 8 seed. ;)
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

You don't know that any more than we know the Celtics would look AS good playing the Bulls

Sections
Shortcuts