What a guy, Part Deux!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: What a guy, Part Deux!!!

Kobe never met a shot he didn't like!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kobe never met a shot he didn't like!

[/QUOTE]

And he says he will get MORE shots once Nash returns!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kobe really didn't say he would be getting more shots, he said he will be scoring more when Nash returns.

The way Kobe is shooting this year, (over 50% in FG% and over 40% in 3PT FG%), he should shoot more as long as he doesn't force the shots like he often did last year.

Kobe has been playing more of a pg role with Nash and Blake out. He will score more when he is the one to finish plays and not the distributor.

[/QUOTE]

So, he's shooting one of the highest percentages of his career, and will score MORE once Nash returns?  How's he going to accomplish that one, by shooting less?

I'm sure Pau and Dwight will be pleased to know his plan!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not trying to spin anything i just disagree with you

so if the Coach say's this

And as coach Mike D'Antoni noted afterward, "Pau didn't have his legs" after logging 37 minutes.

Is he throwing Pau under the bus?

[/QUOTE]

Spin  - spin - and more spin....."he didn't have his legs" said by the coach is fine.  A fellow player saying you're not in shape is throwing you under you bus.

Fail to see why you keep arguing.  KoME has NO right to say that, he is NOT the coach!!  GEEZ  - what is wrong with you??

[/QUOTE]

Nothing is wrong with me

would you say the same thing if one Celtic did the same?  i doubt it

[/QUOTE]

THAT IS THE POINT!!!!!!!  No one on the Celtics would say that!!  No one on the Heat would say that!!  No one on the Thunder would say that.....ONLY koME would say that!!!

[/QUOTE]

No one on the Celtics or the Heat have 5 championship rings either.

Have a blessed night kiddo!

[/QUOTE]

On the topic of numbers, Mike Brown recently has grown fond of the number 11-million. Mike's parting message to the Lakers: "thanks Mitch"

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Kobe might and probably will shoot more, but he never said he would shoot more as you say he did. Once Nash returns, Kobe and the rest of the Lakers will in general have easier shots or more open shots then they have now.

We don't know how Dwight and Pau will feel if Kobe does shoot more. Dwight has never been a high volume shooter. His career average for shots per game is 11.2 and he is at 10.9 this season. Gasol wants to be a passer first. His issue is where he is taking his shots from, not how many he is getting. Gasol's shots from 16-23 feet have increased over the last few years from 1.6 per game to 5.4 this season. This is what Gasol said a couple of days ago:

"All my looks are jump shots," he said. "I'm not a pure jump shooter. I can stretch the defense out and take a couple jumpers, but how I get going is by getting in the paint and creating off the post and things like that. That's historically how I've been very successful and how I've made a very good name for myself and earned my contracts. Hopefully I'll find a way…."

Nash should make Kobe, Dwight and Pau much happier scorers.

[/QUOTE]

So, I said he will shoot more and you agree, then put up stats no one cares about to prove what I said was wrong????

BOTH Pau and Howard said they weren't getting "enough touches" after the lakers last loss.  I heard Howard say it on the post-game show.  Paraphrasing (because I know you'd use it against me if I mis-quoted one word):  "We need to do what we can to win games.  I need to get more touches in the paint, because that's what we need to do to win games.  And we need to do what we can to win games."

DH has averaged over 11 shots per game for his career.  While "technically" that may not constitute "high volume", once you take into account that he has averaged 9.2 Free throws per game, and the fact most or all of those were on shot attempts, you would see that some stats can be fudged to prove an argument!!  So, he attempts 11 FG per game, he attempts 9 FT per game, he averages 3 TO's and 1.5 assists per game, that is about 25 touches per game in 36 mins......................not counting Offensive rebounds where he kicks it out, passes from the post to a teammate who misses or turns it over, etc.  So, we are looking at about 30 "touches" per game.  Think he's getting that now, because, to quote YOU -  DH never said he didn't get enough SHOTS, he said he didn't get enough TOUCHES!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Of course getting fouled on the shot  does not count in Field goals attempted.  So, 11 FGA means NO FOUL on the play.   The 9 FT's are probably on shots that are missed, which, as anyone who knows anything about the game, will tell you,  DO NOT count as an attempt.  It's like a walk in baseball, it doesn't count as an at-bat!!

The only exception would be an "and one" whereby the field goal counts, since it went in, AND there is a foul on the play!!

So, for the simple minded, to review:

A try for goal, or field goal attempt, is a stat where the player attempts to put the ball in the basket.  The ball must be live.  Once the whistle blows, the ball is dead, and no goal can be attempted (that's like when KG swats the ball out of the air, nimrod).  A foul, of course, kills the ball, and no goal can be attempted.   So, FGA and FGM are stats when the ball is alive.  FT's are stats when the ball is dead.  The only exception is a player in the act of shooting, who continues his motion, gets fouled, and puts the ball in the basket.  That one counts as an attempted FG AND the player get a FT.

I know that may be too difficult for simpletons to understand, but anyone who has ever watched an NBA game can tell you that when a player is fouled, that is NOT an attempted field goal.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_index.html

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would bet serious money that Dwight Howard has taken more 2 shot fouls in his career than "and 1's"

Anyone who thinks otherwise has never seen an NBA game in their life.  "And 1's " are not very common......2 shot fouls are way more prevelant!!

And, of course, I would need documentation of such a wild accusation, which I would never get, considering the person who is questioning my FACTS!!

But, this is about koME anyway, and how he threw Pau under the bus by publically questioning his conditioning. 

Back to that discussion, please, since other points are unprovable!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

hedley,

I am sure that you realize that Pau at times needs someone to get on him about being more aggressive. Kobe has often lit into Pau and Pau then recognizes he needs to bring more energy in every game. Pau does not have a strong internal fire that motivates him. After game 4 in last years playoffs against OKC when Pau had 10 pts and 5 rebs, Kobe lit into Pau about not being aggressive and for passing up the potential game winning shot for a pass that was stolen.

You can say that is the coaches job, and I can't say you are wrong, but Kobe has been the leader on the court and in the locker room, especially post Phil.

[/QUOTE]

And how has that been working out?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

hedley,

I am sure that you realize that Pau at times needs someone to get on him about being more aggressive. Kobe has often lit into Pau and Pau then recognizes he needs to bring more energy in every game. Pau does not have a strong internal fire that motivates him. After game 4 in last years playoffs against OKC when Pau had 10 pts and 5 rebs, Kobe lit into Pau about not being aggressive and for passing up the potential game winning shot for a pass that was stolen.

You can say that is the coaches job, and I can't say you are wrong, but Kobe has been the leader on the court and in the locker room, especially post Phil.

[/QUOTE]

I can't really understand how you, as a fan, would be okay with him questioning the only guy left he has won multiple rings with.  It is NOT his job to go public with that info.  I have NO problem with him telling the guy in private what he needs to do.  THAT is what a leader does.  What HE does is say it through the media to:

a - make the guy look bad

b - deflect any blame from him

Finally, you DO agree he threw him under the bus, right?  I mean you'd have to be in complete denial to read the links I posted and say it's "wild accusations", right???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hedley,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kobe is not responsible for the poor play of some players that have underachieved over the last couple of years. (Gasol, Sessions, MWP, Blake, etc.).

Kobe, in reality, has been the leader for many years, even when Phil was there. 

[/QUOTE]

and team chemistry has been horrible for the past three years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not trying to spin anything i just disagree with you

so if the Coach say's this

And as coach Mike D'Antoni noted afterward, "Pau didn't have his legs" after logging 37 minutes.

Is he throwing Pau under the bus?

[/QUOTE]

Spin  - spin - and more spin....."he didn't have his legs" said by the coach is fine.  A fellow player saying you're not in shape is throwing you under you bus.

Fail to see why you keep arguing.  KoME has NO right to say that, he is NOT the coach!!  GEEZ  - what is wrong with you??

[/QUOTE]

Nothing is wrong with me

would you say the same thing if one Celtic did the same?  i doubt it

[/QUOTE]

THAT IS THE POINT!!!!!!!  No one on the Celtics would say that!!  No one on the Heat would say that!!  No one on the Thunder would say that.....ONLY koME would say that!!!

[/QUOTE]

No one on the Celtics or the Heat have 5 championship rings either.

Have a blessed night kiddo!

[/QUOTE]

On the topic of numbers, Mike Brown recently has grown fond of the number 11-million. Mike's parting message to the Lakers: "thanks Mitch"

[/QUOTE]

L.A. ain't beantown kiddo. Eleven million is pocket change to Lakers management.

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

11-million is nothing Huh! Is that why M. D'Antoni was hired to be both head coach and half time entertainer? Looks like Dr. Buss is trying to save a few $$ to me!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hedley,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kobe is not responsible for the poor play of some players that have underachieved over the last couple of years. (Gasol, Sessions, MWP, Blake, etc.).

Kobe, in reality, has been the leader for many years, even when Phil was there. 

[/QUOTE]

and team chemistry has been horrible for the past three years.

[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.

[/QUOTE]

You didn't know that? either the Lakers are not nearly as good as people have been making them out to be, or they have had serious chemisty issues.

You choose.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts