What about Billups?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What about Billups?

Isn't he coming back this season?  Maybe a package of Pierce for Billups and another player.   If Billups came here it would be one year and he might really get Garnett excited.  Obviously I don't know anything about Billups and his current condition or even salary, but the Clippers are motoring on and we have a real chip they could use.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: What about Billups?

I just checked Billups is expected back soon.  Why wouldn't we make a try for this guy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"he might really get Garnett excited."

You're kidding right? 

Billups is even creakier than Pierce. He's also a guard which is the one area where we have a glut of players. 

No way Ainge trades Pierce for an old dude. If he trades Pierce it would be for a younger guy with upside. 

Billups is barely more of a true point guard then the Jet. 

It's not clear we need a guard, how about waiting a few games on that one. A big man seems a more pressing need. Heck it's not even clear if Jeff Green can backup/replace Pierce at any point, ever. 

I love this idea Garnett would be excited to see Pierce sent packing. It would feel like the end times for KG and rightly so. 

Pierce and a number one draft pick for Eric Bledoe and a stiff to round out the salaries - now you're talking!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

(p.s. the reason being that once Rondo gets healthy Ainge can then turn around potentially trade Rondo also, keeping Bledsoe as the future point guard. Of course the Clippers are not likely to do that deal but....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

(p.s. the reason being that once Rondo gets healthy Ainge can then turn around potentially trade Rondo also, keeping Bledsoe as the future point guard. Of course the Clippers are not likely to do that deal but....

Look I get your point, if Chauncey Billups with some other talent came here it might be a decent move. He is a polnt guard and has shown he is player who can make a difference especially if Bledsoe is not availabe.  I had heard that Chauncy Billups is Garnett's best friend.  Not terribly relevant but in the package with some other players it might interest Garnett.  You make good points I was just thinking of Pierce as some said going to the Clippers and returning to his hometown.  Billups even creaky and worn down could still be a fantastic player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Pierce for JJ Barea , Pekovic and Derrick Williams

throw in Lee, Barbosa, Collins, Terry to balance it out plus draft pick if necessary

Great trade for Celtics and David Kahn may think the Wolves are close enough that Pierce would put them over the top

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Isn't he coming back this season?  Maybe a package of Pierce for Billups and another player.   If Billups came here it would be one year and he might really get Garnett excited.  Obviously I don't know anything about Billups and his current condition or even salary, but the Clippers are motoring on and we have a real chip they could use.  

If he was 3 yrs younger and not coming back (twice now) from a torn archilles Id say yes, but the present Billups.... um no thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

billups will snap like a rotten twig if you tried to push him into starting point guard role here on this team.  he's just too old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

throw in Lee, Barbosa, Collins, Terry to balance it out plus draft pick if necessary

Great trade for Celtics and David Kahn may think the Wolves are close enough that Pierce would put them over the top

barea is no starting point guard- he's a decent back up / bench scorer fireplug but cannot stay on the floor 35 minutes- he's too small and will be exposed.  his most brilliant work in the league has come when he plays about 20 minutes a game.

in my mind "HOW ABOUT NATE ROBINSON"???  chicago made a lot of noises about voiding his contract to "save money"- and I do not know if it's too late for CHI to do that or if they are going to release nate- but i would jump all over him QUICKLY if anything opens up there.

and for those who think keyon dooling is the answer..............  c'mon.  he was barely passable as a super low backup PG last year and really the thing he did best was streaky 3's in a few games- he's not a very good floor general

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

barea is no starting point guard- he's a decent back up / bench scorer fireplug but cannot stay on the floor 35 minutes- he's too small and will be exposed.  his most brilliant work in the league has come when he plays about 20 minutes a game.

in my mind "HOW ABOUT NATE ROBINSON"???  chicago made a lot of noises about voiding his contract to "save money"- and I do not know if it's too late for CHI to do that or if they are going to release nate- but i would jump all over him QUICKLY if anything opens up there.

and for those who think keyon dooling is the answer..............  c'mon.  he was barely passable as a super low backup PG last year and really the thing he did best was streaky 3's in a few games- he's not a very good floor general

Barea would be perfect for 20 (25) minutes a night , like you said.

I'm with you on Nate Robinson as well , Keyon was painful to watch , total bricklayer as was the much hyped Pietrius.....Nate Robinson is another guy who is perfect for 20 minutes , he'd be a total step up from Dooling

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

All in for Nate, great fit and i remember when he started when rondo was injured, he played very good and he already knows our system

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

All in for Nate, great fit and i remember when he started when rondo was injured, he played very good and he already knows our system

Then Doc benched him....

The question is, why would Nate want to come back here?  Unless we're his only option

Sections
Shortcuts