What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7303109/deron-williams-agent-says-client-sign-extension-nets

Any chance NJ gives up on resigning him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePGAPro. Show ThePGAPro's posts

Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3?

Rondo is signed for short money compared to what D Williams is going to get... so NJ maybe open to trading him. Celts would need to add another player, Big Baby, to make the salaries work. Not sure Danny would do this deal !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I was thinking the same thing.  I also think that D. Williams would relish the chance to compete with Chris Paul in the same division with similar talent around both of them.  And D. Williams is more durable, if not slower, with just as much range on his shot and just as good of passing.  I just don't think he can create his own shot quite like Chris Paul can, but if you get other pieces around him it wouldn't matter as much

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

I like it. New Jersey would sign Chriss Humphries and we sign Baby, Then package Rondo and Baby for Williams and Humphries

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Deron Williams said today he is not signing an extension with Nets and will test FA market.  My guess is he teams up with Dwight Howard somewhere.  Chris Paul to the Knicks next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Celts would need to add another player, Big Baby, to make the salaries work. Not sure Danny would do this deal !!!"

Oh yeah but New Jersey would leap on it, right! That's a great trade for them - not. 

I think Williams is deteremined to test free agency as Spewey said, so wheelin and dealin for him ain't gonna work. I think it would be great for the Celts though, no doubt knowing Ainge he is working that angle...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Danny would be smart to gauge that strategy.  I believe there just aren't too many places DHoward would go but he'd have to give serious consideration to a place that has DWill on board AND cap space.

If Danny is able to change paths and bring DWill in, he would have to fill out the roster with solid economical, role players.  I also think it would be a plus that Ray, Pierce and KG return next season in reduced roles.

Now here's the question-would we trade for DWill without a contract extension?  I think he could be "convinced" or "encouraged" to sign an extension with a solid showing this season and the prospect of having the cap space to bring in Howard.  It's just a huge gamble not knowing if Howard gets traded during the season.

Is the sign-and-trade still a viable option at season's end?  That way Orlando can get pieces back for Howard and Howard would maximize his contract.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Celts should have made a Rondo/Dwilliams deal with Utah last year.

Even if the Dwilliams or Paul won't sign an extension with the Celts I still would make the deal.  Go for it this year and worry about 2013 and beyond later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3?:
    In Response to Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3? : Why not team up with Dwight in Boston?
    Posted by Fiercest34

That works for me but I think that Russian millionaire has to make a splash with the talent available so I think he gets Williams to reconsider and there is already a supposed deal on the table of Brook Lopez and 2 numbers 1's for Dwight Howard.  Although there is buzz of the Clippers getting involved for Howard.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3? : If Dwight and D-Will team up in New Jersey and their supporting cast is composed of Anthony Morrow and Travis Outlaw then they're still not contenders.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yeah, that's what I am hoping D. Williams see too. Either that or he's just holding out and planning to sign with the Nets for more money once his deal is up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

C - Dwight Howard PF - KG (signs for the vet's minimum in 2012) SF - Pierce SG - Ray (signs for the vet's minimum in 2012) PG - Deron Williams That starting 5 is definitely a contender.
    Posted by Fiercest34

And the odds of it happening are exactly zero.  :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The Celts should have made a Rondo/Dwilliams deal with Utah last year. Even if the Dwilliams or Paul won't sign an extension with the Celts I still would make the deal.  Go for it this year and worry about 2013 and beyond later.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Did anyone actually see the game in Utah last year in which DWill was invisible?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3? : If Dwight and D-Will team up in New Jersey and their supporting cast is composed of Anthony Morrow and Travis Outlaw then they're still not contenders.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Outlaw will be an amnesty guy for sure as he has a very bad contract.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No. I say we trade Baby for J Thompson and F Garcia in a sign and trade using the 8 mil in salary exemptions we have.Tthey both would flourish in thier roles and we would have enough $$ to sigm J Richardson, if amnestied , who would also thrive in his role here. We resign Green and if right $$ West or if ready Bradley,who really is an NBA PG if healed from his injury Add height depth withJohnson and another G with Moore. I like that roster we can really compete and not mortgage our future. We would be a match up nightmare with this roster; PP,Rondo,KG,RA,Green,Thompson,Garcia,JO,Bradley,West,Johnson,J Rich and Johnson and Moore in D league in case of injury. Sign Scal for luck as 15 and # 18 here we come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I keep saying that other teams do not think Rondo is worth a good plalyer , or he would already be gone.   He is ours for better or worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I keep saying that other teams do not think Rondo is worth a good plalyer , or he would already be gone.   He is ours for better or worse.
    Posted by maryngary

True - he is more valuable to us than others, but DA has to kick the tires!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: What about D. Williams for Rondo pkg instead of CP3? : Why not team up with Dwight in Boston?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I AGREE...ALSO HOWARD AND WILLIAMS WANT TO PLAY FOR

A COACH THEY RESPECT......NOW WHO DO YOU THINK THEY

"RESPECT" MORE....DOC..OR...MIKE "LAKERETTE" BROWN....

BEAT L A ........BEAT L A ........BEAT L A.................... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I can't see how another point guard could come into Boston for possibly just one shortened season and understand how, where, and when to get the ball into Ray, Paul, and KG's hands better than Rondo can.  That sort of thing takes more time.  It took Kid a couple of years in Dallas, and neither CP3 or Williams is a better passer than Kidd.  We need a big!  We have a point guard.  Replacing Rondo is getting a little obsessive.  He might just go on a tear from the get go this year, destroy CP3, destroy Williams, destroy Rose,....  He's matched and gotten the better of CP3 before.  Why is everyone so grass is greener when it comes to Rondo?   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Rondo is a liability when pg's can play off him when he has the ball forcing him to pass or put up bricks. How long have c fans been waiting for rondo to develop a jumper.

Please, dreams are free.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts