What about Ersan Ilyasova?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

What about Ersan Ilyasova?

Bucks are reporteldy interested in moving him. He's 24 Averaging 11.6 points and 8.9 rebounds in just 26 minutes. He only makes 2.5 million. 

I have no idea, if the kid can play defense or not, but maybe send Bass and a draft pick for him? Has anyone seen enough of this kid to know whether this is a good or if this is a terrible idea? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova?

Yeah I like his game and he rebounds like crazy which I didn't know he had in him.... Wouldn't move bass for him though. We need to add a big to KG/Bass not subtract

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What about Ersan Ilyasova? : Ilyasova is a good player but not worth Bass and a draft pick.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I haven't seen him play, but the thing that intrigues me, is his rebounding numbers. 8.9 in 26 minutes which is a significant upgrade over bass in that department. He also comes with nearly 12 points per game and has 3 point range shooting 38%. 

Since I haven't seen him play the thing I'm inclined to wonder about is his defense, is he one of those players that gives it right back on the defensive end?

Also, if not Bass do you think he is worth a draft pick and say Avery Bradley or Dooling or someone like that? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What about Ersan Ilyasova? : Ilyasova is a good player but not worth Bass and a draft pick.

right..hes good but def not worth Bass. bass has became a big part of our rotation, hes a good player.

u dont move a starter for a temporary bench player.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Ersan has also been fantastic in the buildup to the trade deadline, averaging about 17 points and 12 rebounds in only 33 minutes of play over his last 10 games, and it bears repeating that even though he debuted with the Bucks back when Donald Rumsfeld was still the secretary of defense, he won't turn 25 until May 15, which means whatever team that pays him the most will be hiring him through his prime years."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/bucks-might-trade-ersan-ilyasova-signs-whoever-pays-200544920.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Getting Ilyasova is a good idea. We just have to find a way to get him without giving up a 1st round pick and Bass.
    How about JJJ?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : right..hes good but def not worth Bass. bass has became a big part of our rotation, hes a good player. u dont move a starter for a temporary bench player.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

He's a better player than Bass and can hit 3's making him more versatile. If I'm trading the Clippers pick I'm trying to land Josh Smith though who's Rondo's and D12's boy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Ilyasova is saving my fantasy basketball team atm, he's definetly an option but I would be wary. He's dominating right now but he's at his peak IMO. The Bucks are trying to move him while hes hot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to What about Ersan Ilyasova?:
    [QUOTE]Bucks are reporteldy interested in moving him. He's 24 Averaging 11.6 points and 8.9 rebounds in just 26 minutes. He only makes 2.5 million.  I have no idea, if the kid can play defense or not, but maybe send Bass and a draft pick for him? Has anyone seen enough of this kid to know whether this is a good or if this is a terrible idea? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

jtkl,
    I think Celtics need to add a big, not exchange.
    And as others suggested, Bass > Ilyasova. Also, I doubt very much that DA would give any picks for a backup center. If, on the other hand, DA could get him + pick for, say, MD + Sasha that'd be great.

AK

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]Ilyasova is saving my fantasy basketball team atm, he's definetly an option but I would be wary. He's dominating right now but he's at his peak IMO. The Bucks are trying to move him while hes hot.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He's going to bounce to Europe anyway. More $$$ is what he's after. He's also why I'm losing in H2H fantasy this week LOL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

For JON I would be very interested.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : JaJuan Johnson for Ilyasova is not a bad deal for the Bucks if they're not willing to pay Ilyasova big money in the offseason.

Problem is your Ilyasova in the offseason so why trade a young player for a rental. Unless you can agree to some under the table deal it's not worth it. He's not putting you over the top. The more I think about it the random break out year guy who admits it's about money is not the guy you probably want.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : The Celts can give Ilyasova the money because the Celts have a lot of cap space next season. The Bucks can't give Ilyasova the money because the Bucks don't have the cap space. I don't think Ilyasova will ask for the max. The Celts can afford to pay him 6-8m per year.

My point is you don't overpay for a 1 year wonder and you risk losing him to a European team that offers him more money so it's not worth it. I wouldn't pay a guy who had 1 pretty good year ever 8 million a year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : Ilyasova is not a 1 year wonder. Did you even bother to check his stats?  I have seen Ilyasova play, on NBA TV, since 2010. He's been solid the last 3 years and this season is his best season in 3 years. You have to pay according to what the market price is. Glen Davis is getting 6m per year and you're not going to give Ilyasova 7-8m per year?  And Ilyasova didn't say he wanted to go back to Europe. What he said was he wants to get paid.

He can make 3 million Euro. That's alot of US dollars. He is a 1 year wonder.. A 9/6 guy is supposed to impress me? Your blind if you haven't seen a guy put up numbers in a contract year then get overpaid. It happens left and right and I wouldn't want the Celtics to be that team. I also don't care what Glen Davis is paid. If you don't think ORL overpaid him your out of your mind. You must thing Bass is worth 10+ mil a year then this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to What about Ersan Ilyasova?:
    [QUOTE]Bucks are reporteldy interested in moving him. He's 24 Averaging 11.6 points and 8.9 rebounds in just 26 minutes. He only makes 2.5 million.  I have no idea, if the kid can play defense or not, but maybe send Bass and a draft pick for him? Has anyone seen enough of this kid to know whether this is a good or if this is a terrible idea? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

My question is why are you trying to move Bass?   I like Ilyasova.  I think his inside game is very tough and he players bigger than he looks.  But, why get rid of Bass?   Let's not make a move just to make a move.   Let's analyze where we'd give up (younger legs who's now learned our defense better and a good shooter and someone who can at least get a dunk once in a while) for an unknown who can rebound as a backup and doesn't know our defense. 

What's the gain?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : It's the market price!  Kris Humphries is a career 6.2 ppg and 5.1 rpg guy and the Nets paid him 8m this season. Carl Landry is being paid 9m this season. If you want to dictate your own market price then make your own league.

LOL dumbest argument I ever heard. Because another team overpays a player you should? Market price is what your willing to pay. Joe Johnson got max player money..so anyone who want's a player as good as that overpaid fool should just pay it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts