What about Ersan Ilyasova?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova?

Humphries, Landry or Ilyasova, whoever it is we need one of these guys.  A solid player who can play minutes, get rebounds and score when open.  To not see we need more of these guys is to not understand how you win in the NBA.

To think we can't pay these kind of guys and they just hang on trees is to not see what the Celtics have been lacking for three years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Overpaying is a teams choice. At the end of the day "market value" is just a word. It's how much you think that person or commodity's value is to you. That is basic business. It amuses me that you act like teams don't have a choice about giving out horrible contracts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Until it is known that Odom is not sane any longer I would seriously consider bringing him here for JON.  These guys who can play like he does we just don't have.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova? : Like I said, the Celtics made a choice to not bring back Posey and it hurt the Celtics until 2010 because the Celts had no reliable 6th man after Posey left. Just last year the Celts made a choice to not give Tony Allen the additional 3m he wanted and it ended with Ray getting torched by Wade in the semis of the playoffs. The Lakers overpaid Odom and it resulted in back to back titles. We're just talking about about JaJuan Johnson for Ilyasova. It's not like we're trading a top 10 pick for Ilyasova. Are you really sure JaJuan is going to become an All-Star? Ilyasova is a better rebounder, has a 3pt shot, and taller than Bass. And you're not willing to take a risk by trading JaJuan? All the good rookies of the 2011 draft class is either starting or getting regular minutes. JaJuan only plays when it's a blowout. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I am fine about keeping JJJ.  He may be a real good player. I am saying we need a guy like Landry or Ilyasova.  We need someone like that now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Let me break it down for you since you don't get it. I don't think he is worth 9 million a year. He made nearly 9 million a year last year US equivilent in Europe. He can make that again. Therefore if a team isn't willing to pay him that tye of money he's gone. I find it highly unlikely the C'z are giving him that money so you just trade JJJ for a rental that doesn't win you anything.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: What about Ersan Ilyasova?:
    [QUOTE]Let me break it down for you, tompenny, 2.7m Euros is equal to 3.54m Dollars. Get it?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

No. You don't get it...

http://www.ballineurope.com/european-basketball/top-salaries-european-basketball-3298/

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Yeah and 3.5 and change million US dollars isn't the NBA equivlent salary in Europe. Nice attempt at a spin move. Your clueless.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He's playing strictly for whoever pays him most. He has stated that. So yep. Your pretty much clueless.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Blah. Blah. Blah. Now tell me why Illyasova signs for the Celtics for less money than he can make in Europe Mr Clueless.

20. This post has been removed.