What about Humph & picks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What about Humph & picks?

However, late in the evening, yet another league source told the Globe a deal was “close” and the sides were haggling over the draft pick. Another league source said that Bass was not involved in a proposed deal. Boston has nine first-round picks over the next five drafts but would rather not give up one of its two picks in 2014. The Celtics would much rather give Houston the 2015 No. 1 pick they acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers, which might be in the lower first round. Boston Globe - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.EbCVG5py.dpuf

I'm starting to wonder, if Morey is so obsessed with purely getting draft picks, maybe the Celtics dont deal Bass and Lee who really could help us over the next few years.

Maybe the deal turns into Humphries and picks. I'd give Hump, 2015 Clippers pick or a heavily protected Celtics 1st round pick. Like top 20 protected this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: What about Humph & picks?

I knew this pick would be an issue. DO NOT give them the 2014 pick!! I would give them a protected 2015 pick. If that can't work both teams should throw in some other players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Bass and Lee aren't gonna help the Cs in the next few yrs.   CL is a fraud shooter.   BB has used his usefullness and I applaud him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Gotta keep the power forward 3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I disagree docc

Lee's history shows that last year was the anomaly, not this year. He plays a very important role for the Celtics as a guy who is comfortable coming off the bench as a spark, playing defense, scoring and stretching the floor.

Bass is a more important role player than Hump right now. Bass can really guard the Melos and Lebrons and Georges of our league with his strength and quickness. Hump is a good player, but he isn't a future piece with the Celtics.

With the Brooklyn picks, I think we can afford to relinquish the Clippers 2015 1st and a very heavily protected pick of our own. Hopefully its just one pick, but to take Hump, it may be two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I think the following team can absolutely secure a 4th seed in the east:

Rondo / Crawford / Pressey

Bradley / Lee / Bogans

Green / Wallace

Sullinger / Bass / Olynyk

Asik / Favarani

Call me crazy, but I think that team is better than the rockets, and good enough to legitimately be the 4th best team in the East. We are still in it this year. Why not make a run?

Sully is playing so well. Rondo, Green and Bass play so well in the playoffs. I really, really want to see what this team can do in the post season. I think we may be able to match up against Indy and Miami, with Asik.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Think about this:

George Hill vs. Rondo

Lance Stephenson vs. Avery Bradley

Paul George vs. Jeff Green

David West vs. Jared Sullinger

Roy Hibbert vs. Omer Asik

Louis Scola vs. Brandon Bass

Danny Granger vs. Gerald Wallace

C.J. Watson vs. Jordan Crawford

Chris Copeland vs. Courtney Lee

Ian Mahinimi vs. Vitor Faverani

Clearly, Indiana is the better team. BUT, looks at how well the structure of our team matches with theirs. With a Hump&Pick for Asik swap, we become a complete team. Plus, I dont think we are that far behind in each match-up. I think Rondo, Sullinger, Crawford and maybe Bass provide an advantage. If Bradley and Asik equalize Stephenson and Hibbert, then it becomes close. Clearly PG3 is a much better player than Green and a super-star. However, Green did step up last post-season and he has the potential to be 80% as effective as George.

I do this comparison because IMO, the Pacers are champions this year. I really think that with Asik the Celtics could take the Pacers to a game 6 in a series. Think of the positive effects of that. We miss out on Wiggins&Parker and we are unablet to make any moves in the offseason, but we stay relevent and competitive and then we allow Stevens to develop a system that overproduces. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Think about this:

George Hill vs. Rondo

Lance Stephenson vs. Avery Bradley

Paul George vs. Jeff Green

David West vs. Jared Sullinger

Roy Hibbert vs. Omer Asik

Louis Scola vs. Brandon Bass

Danny Granger vs. Gerald Wallace

C.J. Watson vs. Jordan Crawford

Chris Copeland vs. Courtney Lee

Ian Mahinimi vs. Vitor Faverani

Clearly, Indiana is the better team. BUT, looks at how well the structure of our team matches with theirs. With a Hump&Pick for Asik swap, we become a complete team. Plus, I dont think we are that far behind in each match-up. I think Rondo, Sullinger, Crawford and maybe Bass provide an advantage. If Bradley and Asik equalize Stephenson and Hibbert, then it becomes close. Clearly PG3 is a much better player than Green and a super-star. However, Green did step up last post-season and he has the potential to be 80% as effective as George.

I do this comparison because IMO, the Pacers are champions this year. I really think that with Asik the Celtics could take the Pacers to a game 6 in a series. Think of the positive effects of that. We miss out on Wiggins&Parker and we are unablet to make any moves in the offseason, but we stay relevent and competitive and then we allow Stevens to develop a system that overproduces. 

Curious, what makes you think Hump and a pick gets the Asik deal done?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

However, late in the evening, yet another league source told the Globe a deal was “close” and the sides were haggling over the draft pick. Another league source said that Bass was not involved in a proposed deal. Boston has nine first-round picks over the next five drafts but would rather not give up one of its two picks in 2014. The Celtics would much rather give Houston the 2015 No. 1 pick they acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers, which might be in the lower first round. Boston Globe - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.EbCVG5py.dpuf

I'm starting to wonder, if Morey is so obsessed with purely getting draft picks, maybe the Celtics dont deal Bass and Lee who really could help us over the next few years.

Maybe the deal turns into Humphries and picks. I'd give Hump, 2015 Clippers pick or a heavily protected Celtics 1st round pick. Like top 20 protected this year.

I don't see Bass or Humpries going away. Bass has shown he can and does Play!
    CH is a real benefit to this team. His game last night wasn't perfect but aside from 4 to,s he did many things very well. Against MN he was able to really contain KL when Bass got in foul trouble..(Thanks Refs!)...JG couldn't. This is the last year of 12m and he has bird rights. I'm thinking if he likes Coach, his team, his environment and all the fan and Tommy love he just might decide to stay for a long term less$ contract. He is only 28 and knows our game and seems to be a quick study.

The front line of BB,KO,CH,VF and Sully is a very good group and one that DA would be remiss in jettisoning. Let's play it out and see what a top 12 draft brings. After all how many players can you develop at once..really!

We have a very capable team now and would have smoked DTW last night with a healthy RR!

Respectfully, Gary

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

I don't see Bass or Humpries going away. Bass has shown he can and does Play!
    CH is a real benefit to this team. His game last night wasn't perfect but aside from 4 to,s he did many things very well. Against MN he was able to really contain KL when Bass got in foul trouble..(Thanks Refs!)...JG couldn't. This is the last year of 12m and he has bird rights. I'm thinking if he likes Coach, his team, his environment and all the fan and Tommy love he just might decide to stay for a long term less$ contract. He is only 28 and knows our game and seems to be a quick study.

The front line of BB,KO,CH,VF and Sully is a very good group and one that DA would be remiss in jettisoning. Let's play it out and see what a top 12 draft brings. After all how many players can you develop at once..really!

We have a very capable team now and would have smoked DTW last night with a healthy RR!

Respectfully, Gary

I disagree.

You didn't see how Drummond dominated Bass and Sully in the paint?

Let's just put it this way, we already lost to the Pistons twice.

We always lose to teams with quality Centers like Hibbert, Dwight Howard, and Marc Gasol.

If the Celts' best bigs are Sully and Bass, it's a waste of time and might as well tank.

Come on, this is the NBA, you're not going to win many games having a PF that's not even 6-8 and a 6-9 PF playing Center.

Don't forget that the Celtics still have a losing record in the weak eastern conference.

Saw that but Asik isn't the answer by any stretch. Oh and btw we do have two 7 footers that are under development..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Saw that but Asik isn't the answer by any stretch. Oh and btw we do have two 7 footers that are under development..

Yes, we do have two 7-footers under development, but both 7-footers are offensive players, not defensive players.

Bass and Humpy are not part of the future plans.

It would've been a solid frontcourt with Asik, Sully, Oly, and Fav.

Because Kobe is out, LA may bite. Would you do a Bass, Lee or Hump( 2 out of 3) for Gasol. Yup, I know he's old but has been unhappy in tinsletown & in an new environment might be rejuevenated and give us 15-20 pts and 15 rebs for 2 years. Always liked him except when LA beat us in title game 7 when he played much better than Garnett in that game. He reminds me of McHale(not as aggressive of course) but with a big wingspan and a soft touch under the post and 5-15 ft out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Yes, we do have two 7-footers under development, but both 7-footers are offensive players, not defensive players.

Bass and Humpy are not part of the future plans.

It would've been a solid frontcourt with Asik, Sully, Oly, and Fav.

Why settle for less than a perfect 5. You are now saying don't tank go with this year and forget the draft( by far). That's what Asik brings What is it?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Why settle for less than a perfect 5. You are now saying don't tank go with this year and forget the draft( by far). That's what Asik brings What is it?

There are 3 important things the Celts should address.

1. Rim protector.

2. 3-point shooter.

3. Go to guy.

Getting Asik solves 1 out of 3.

But at what price?  BB is our toughest big defender and he can score.  Depending on Pressey without Lee in the backcourt is a joke.  Pressey is TOO small.  Lee is a scorer and he has shown it.  

In my opinion we need both BB and CL going forward.   At the right price I keep Hump too.  This team has an extraordinary chemistry.  Really glad we didn't blow it up.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I disagree R9R.   Lee is probably playing better cause he has no pressure.   Losing team - no pressure.   What happened last yr when the Cs were really trying to play for something?   He choked.   Some players just can't step it up.   Can't play in pressure situations.   I wouldn't trust that it was just a one yr fluke.   If he was a rook, then ok.   Some players just do better on losing teams no pressure to make big shots.   You know the saying 'big time players make big time shots etc'.   That's not CL.
       I like BB.   But face it that he's a role player.   No more and that's all he'll be.   He's not all anything.   He really helped the Cs over the past few yrs, but he's expendable.
       Humphries is a big time rebounder.   Not easy to get.   Don't underestimate.   Didn't he once lead the league in rebounding (or at least boards per min played).   Thats like Rodman or Charles Oakley, Buck Williams!   You all are just poo-pah'n that feat.   That is a REALLY big accomplishment.   I forgot about it or might of thought of it as a fluke, until now watching him play regularly.   He does what he does real well.   When was the last time the Cs had a 10 board per game type of player?

Sections
Shortcuts