What About Pekovic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What About Pekovic?

Just a thought: Pekovic is a big strong scoring and rebounding machine! He becomes a restricted FA this summer, and it is unlikely the Wolves will be able to afford him, Rubio, and Love, long term! 

Pekovic stats this year: 15-pts and 8-rebs per game! 

He is making 4.8-million this season, and could possibly be had for AB and a pick, OR AB and Melo!

AB has been a good player for the Cs, but his injury history may make him expendable long term! 

If DA is not going to "blow it up" this guy would give us a chance both now and in the future! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: What About Pekovic?

AB's future injury history could be troubling.  I get the sense he is injured right now.  Pekovic would be a great addition, I think his price is higher than your offer.  

One thing about AB, Doc and DA know his upside and his potential for injury.  If they still want to keep him I defer to them they know the guy's value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

AB's future injury history could be troubling.  I get the sense he is injured right now.  Pekovic would be a great addition, I think his price is higher than your offer.  

One thing about AB, Doc and DA know his upside and his potential for injury.  If they still want to keep him I defer to them they know the guy's value.

I don't care who DA gets as long as it is better than Collins\Wilcox and is starter material either short term or long term.

I am not one of the posters that think this year is over just because we lost Rondo and Sully.  I am sure most of the same gave up last year as well, and probably the year before that.  Some sure appear to be slow learners.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Pekovic will get a MAX contract this summer.  If Centers like Roy Hibbert and Mark Gasol get max contracts in this league, then Pekovic will get paid.  Minnesota cannot afford to get K.Love and Pekovic as max contracts.  They traded Big Al for that reason, though they thought he was not complimentary with K.Love. 

Minny will trade him at the trade deadline or do a sign and trade this summer.  If you trade for the guy, you have to extend him right away or you wasted your assets. 

I love Pekovic, but I'd rather see the Celts be patient and give max contracts to a bigger fish.  Indiana looks ridiculous with that Hibbert contract now.  The guy is not even a double digit scorer. 

When KG and Pierce contracts come off the books, free agents will all want to sign for the Celts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Pekovic will get a MAX contract this summer.  If Centers like Roy Hibbert and Mark Gasol get max contracts in this league, then Pekovic will get paid.  Minnesota cannot afford to get K.Love and Pekovic as max contracts.  They traded Big Al for that reason, though they thought he was not complimentary with K.Love. 

Minny will trade him at the trade deadline or do a sign and trade this summer.  If you trade for the guy, you have to extend him right away or you wasted your assets. 

I love Pekovic, but I'd rather see the Celts be patient and give max contracts to a bigger fish.  Indiana looks ridiculous with that Hibbert contract now.  The guy is not even a double digit scorer. 

When KG and Pierce contracts come off the books, free agents will all want to sign for the Celts. 

You really think he gets a max contract? One thing is for certain, the Wolves can't afford to keep Love, Rubio, and Pekovic! Somebody has got to go! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Pek will not get a max contract, he'll get what DeAndre Jordan got.

In order for the Celts to get him at the trade deadline, the Celts would have to give up a lot!

I don't think Pek ends up in Boston before or after the trade deadline.

I agree! I don't think Pekovic is a max contract guy yet! The Wolves are in a tight spot here, they have to trade him or pay him! If they don't, they could loose him this summer (he is a RFA)! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Pekovic is a 15.8pts, 8.7 rebounds this season. 

Hibbert was 12.9, 8.8 last season.  As a restricted free-agent, he got a max offer from Portland that Indiana had to match.

Portland is interested in Pekovic and they need a Center next to Aldrige.  Unless Pek get injured, he will get a max offer from a couple of teams. 

He is more skilled that Deandre Jordan offensively.  Big men get overpaid big time in this league.  The guy is 27 and about to enter his prime. 

Do I think that Hibbert or Pek deserve max money? NO.  Spend your money on all-stars instead...no matter the position on the court.  Miami has no decent true Center and they won it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Just a thought: Pekovic is a big strong scoring and rebounding machine! He becomes a restricted FA this summer, and it is unlikely the Wolves will be able to afford him, Rubio, and Love, long term! 

Pekovic stats this year: 15-pts and 8-rebs per game! 

He is making 4.8-million this season, and could possibly be had for AB and a pick, OR AB and Melo!

AB has been a good player for the Cs, but his injury history may make him expendable long term! 

If DA is not going to "blow it up" this guy would give us a chance both now and in the future! 

TRADE RONDO FOR PEKOVIC, JJ BAREA AND DERRICK WILLIAMS

LET ADELMANN FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIR RONDO WITH RUBIO

Sections
Shortcuts