What about Shaq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What about Shaq?

In Response to Re: What about Shaq?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : Tayshawn? Rico? What?! Bleed green.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Poor Rico - he's all out of purple and gold blood - getting ready to jump on the CP3 bandwagon and say he's been a Clips fan since Bill Walton was on the team!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What about Shaq? : By far, the dumbest post of the 2011-12 season. I'm sure, given time, you will even top this one eventually
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Nice try, jacka--, but the post is not dumb. Its speculative for sure. Athletes "unretire" all the time. You are just sore at me for pointing out your "watch me coin the latest catch phrase" post on the other thread. Dont bet good money that Shaq wont think about it long and hard if we are knocking on the door. Especially if he thinks he can get over on DH. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : Nice try, jacka--, but the post is not dumb. Its speculative for sure. Athletes "unretire" all the time. You are just sore at me for pointing out your "watch me coin the latest catch phrase" post on the other thread. Dont bet good money that Shaq wont think about it long and hard if we are knocking on the door. Especially if he thinks he can get over on DH. 
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

See, we didnt have to wait so long for you to top your original post.

Sure, anything is possible but usually young , impressionalbe children dream up such notions, then try to convince themselves & others its a real possibility.

Will Shaq think about it??? Possibly.. Is it within the realm of possibility Shaq returns later this year to lead Celtics to a championship... Sure it is, now drink your milk, pleasant dreams...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : See, we didnt have to wait so long for you to top your original post. Sure, anything is possible but usually young , impressionalbe children dream up such notions, then try to convince themselves & others its a real possibility. Will Shaq think about it??? Possibly.. Is it within the realm of possibility Shaq returns later this year to lead Celtics to a championship... Sure it is, now drink your milk, pleasant dreams...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    You trying to condescend is actually amuzing. Im nearly 50, a former college basketball player and I have known countless professional athletes. Most feel like they can still do the job after they retire. Its what makes them special. Shaq wouldnt have to "lead" this team. He would just need to spell JO and KG and he knows it. He will consider it. Its a long shot but not a dumb idea. Now, lttle fella, "Stop the BS" LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : You trying to condescend is actually amuzing. Im nearly 50, a former college basketball player and I have known countless professional athletes. Most feel like they can still do the job after they retire. Its what makes them special. Shaq wouldnt have to "lead" this team. He would just need to spell JO and KG and he knows it. He will consider it. Its a long shot but not a dumb idea. Now, lttle fella, "Stop the BS" LOL

Shaq might indeed consider such a move to un-retire.  I doubt that Celtic management would take it seriously though.

Nor would any other team based on Shaq's last year's performance IMHO.

This seems to be the very longest of the long shots.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]. Most feel like they can still do the job after they retire. Its what makes them special.

No, its what makes them deluded. Shaq's done, finished.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : You trying to condescend is actually amuzing. Im nearly 50, a former college basketball player and I have known countless professional athletes. Most feel like they can still do the job after they retire. Its what makes them special. Shaq wouldnt have to "lead" this team. He would just need to spell JO and KG and he knows it. He will consider it. Its a long shot but not a dumb idea. Now, lttle fella, "Stop the BS" LOL

Why would your being a former college bball player  who knows "countless professional athletes" make your Shaq scenario any less ridiculous? 

I think this thread has run its course

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

I'd still take a 275yr old Shaq over some of the scrub centers the Boston Celtics have had since Parish retired. How's this for a roll of honor:

Kleine....Montross.....DeClercq....Potapenko....Blount....LaFrentz....Perkins...ugh!!

C'mon Danny, get DH for gawd sake so that at least Boston has something to build on. Wouldn't it be great to get the best big man in the game? If not, bring back Shaq. I'd take him in retirment in one of Paul's wheelchair's that any of the HOFers I just listed.

Ugh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I'd still take a 275yr old Shaq over some of the scrub centers the Boston Celtics have had since Parish retired. How's this for a roll of honor: Kleine....Montross.....DeClercq....Potapenko....Blount....LaFrentz....Perkins...ugh!! C'mon Danny, get DH for gawd sake so that at least Boston has something to build on. Wouldn't it be great to get the best big man in the game? If not, bring back Shaq. I'd take him in retirment in one of Paul's wheelchair's that any of the HOFers I just listed. Ugh.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Just can't get over the fact that you're not getting DH either, can you Tayshawn?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Reflecting on that HOF Boston list I just posted, it's no wonder we can't repeat and we've only 1 title in 25 years. C'mon Danny, raise the bar son!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Reflecting on that HOF Boston list I just posted, it's no wonder we can't repeat and we've only 1 title in 25 years. C'mon Danny, raise the bar son!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

At least Doc and Danny can take the heat.  One criticism of ownership by a laker gets you a one-way ticket to Dallas!!

Double UGH!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Looking at a straight comparison in the same time, the Lakers have had Divac, Shaq, Bynum.

All 3 of the Laker centers are infinitely better than the scrubs we've had in Boston. I mean seriously, Montross (ugh), Kleine (ugh), Potapenko (ugh) to name but a few.

Just for once Danny, sign a major player without the help of a former celtic player aka GM. This is ridiculous!

Ugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at a straight comparison in the same time, the Lakers have had Divac, Shaq, Bynum. All 3 of the Laker centers are infinitely better than the scrubs we've had in Boston. I mean seriously, Montross (ugh), Kleine (ugh), Potapenko (ugh) to name but a few. Just for once Danny, sign a major player without the help of a former celtic player aka GM. This is ridiculous! Ugh.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Can't cherry pick-
    You've had Jabbar and Wilt also - Tayshawn.

Meantime - Perkins won one
    Cowens won two
    Parish won three

oh yeah, and Russell won 11!

And, in typical lakers fashion, Rico is STILL whining about the legit KG trade, while completely overlooking the theft of Gasol ( would not be allowed under new rules)
    Does this mean we'll have to listen to this little baby whine for 4 years about not getting CP3??? (HA HA on that one).
    Wonder what your handle will be then null/Tayshawn/Rico!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : Well we do need someone to box out Curry.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

He's so fat he can box out Jack In The Box.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Shaq's so fat he got baptized at sea world!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What about Shaq? : He's so fat he can box out Jack In The Box.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

And who, exactly, is the jerk?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq's so fat he got baptized at sea world!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Hope he looks sharp the night the lakers retire his jersey!

Sections
Shortcuts