What about these Rondo Facts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

What about these Rondo Facts?

I hope that we can all agree that the least influencial/impactful year that Rondo has had since his arrival is 2008, coincidentally, the last time the C's won the title. Since then, Rondo has become a BIG PART of the C's and has been a perrenial All-star. Since then, no matter how well RONDO has played, they've not won the title. The better Rondo has performed individually, the less the team has seemed to achieve. Most recent sample: 10-games, 0-6 with Rondo.....4-0 without. 10-games, I know....but the real fun is being right, in the end when you called it after 10! ;-) Ain't that really why we all do this????

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: What about these Rondo Facts?

In response to RallyC's comment:

I hope that we can all agree that the least influencial/impactful year that Rondo has had since his arrival is 2008, coincidentally, the last time the C's won the title. Since then, Rondo has become a BIG PART of the C's and has been a perrenial All-star. Since then, no matter how well RONDO has played, they've not won the title. The better Rondo has performed individually, the less the team has seemed to achieve. Most recent sample: 10-games, 0-6 with Rondo.....4-0 without. 10-games, I know....but the real fun is being right, in the end when you called it after 10! ;-) Ain't that really why we all do this????

There are people with real NBA experience that disagree with you! DA and Doc just to name two! 

Taking the basis of your thought process into account, one could state the same thing about Durant! No matter how well he has played, OKC has not won a title! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

There are people with real NBA experience that disagree with you! DA and Doc just to name two! 

Taking the basis of your thought process into account, one could state the same thing about Durant! No matter how well he has played, OKC has not won a title! 

You don't know what DOC/Danny think! Only what they say publicly. And if you believe what they say publicly, then you are not schrewed enough to argue this point.  Your Durant point is bizarre. Maybe if they had more balance, they too would have won a title. Are you trying to prove me right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't know what DOC/Danny think! Only what they say publicly. And if you believe what they say publicly, then you are not schrewed enough to argue this point.  Your Durant point is bizarre. Maybe if they had more balance, they too would have won a title. Are you trying to prove me right?

[/QUOTE

Who stated they know what Doc and DA think? I simply conveyed what they have communicated publically! They disagree with you!! 

Regarding Durant, I agree with you the logic is bizarre! BUT it is the logic you first applied when stating your case against Rondo! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

We didn't won another title cause the big tree got old (and injured), not because Rondo became a better player. The 2008 team with the Rondo of 2011 would be (most likely) even better. But it is true that Rondo couldn't make up for the decline of the big three. Not a shame to be not as good and important for the team as KG, Pierce and Ray ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One thing you Rondo lovers are missing is that because his statisical numbers have improved, you equate that to being more valuable to the team.. 

what you fail to recognize, for ex,  is while Rondo is allowing every opposing player he defends to breeze by him into the lane  so he can atttempt his swipe from behind steal.... the opposing player is  creating havoc on our defense, our bigs and allowing many average guards to put up career like numbers on us..

but...... Rondo gets a few more steals this way...

Rondo is granted total control of the offense from our over rated, weak coach...  with that, he pounds the ball endlessly, making sure Rondo, and only Rondo, gets the assist often times... at the expense of our offense and team. Yes, Rondos assist totals may be improving but at what cost to the team?? Players standing around, not ready and bored watching the one man show. 

Now that Rondo is gone, who isnt noticing the improved ball movement???  Who isnt noticing players that have bad poor offense this season come to life??? Who hasnt noticed the teams assist numbers not falling down?? Who hasnt noticed players speaking out about enjoying and being part of this offense???

Im a Celtic fan since the 60's... never have I rooted for any other team above the C's... and always pull for our players during games, even Rondo... but I have eyes and see whats going on...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

One thing you Rondo lovers are missing is that because his statisical numbers have improved, you equate that to being more valuable to the team.. 

what you fail to recognize, for ex,  is while Rondo is allowing every opposing player he defends to breeze by him into the lane  so he can atttempt his swipe from behind steal.... the opposing player is  creating havoc on our defense, our bigs and allowing many average guards to put up career like numbers on us..

Rondo is granted total control of the offense from our over rated, weak coach...  with that, he pounds the ball endlessly, making sure Rondo, and only Rondo, gets the assist often times... at the expense of our offense and team. Yes, Rondos assist totals may be improving but at what cost to the team?? Players standing around, not ready and bored watching the one man show. 

Now that Rondo is gone, who isnt noticing the improved ball movement???  Who isnt noticing players that have bad poor offense this season come to life??? Who hasnt noticed the teams assist numbers not falling down?? Who hasnt noticed players speaking out about enjoying and being part of this offense???

Im a Celtic fan since the 60's... never have I rooted for any other team above the C's... and always pull for our players during games, even Rondo... but I have eyes and see whats going on...

You lost me with your first sentence! Who stated they were RR lovers? I am a HUGE Celtics fan! 

Regarding Rondo, I am basing my assertion(s) on expert player and GM analysis and comments, and my own analysis and opinions, nothing more! 

Again, the point guard runs the coaches offense! Anyone who plays or has played at any level knows this! Not once this season did I hear and or read Doc or DA state they were not happy with Rondo! 

With the above stated, I am thrilled to see a change in the Cs offensive philosophy since RRs injury! I am certain the sucess that has come with this change will resonate with Doc for years to come! 

Go Celtics!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

You lost me with your first sentence! Who stated they were RR lovers? I am a HUGE Celtics fan! 

Regarding Rondo, I am basing my assertion(s) on expert player and GM analysis and comments, and my own analysis and opinions, nothing more! 

Again, the point guard runs the coaches offense! Anyone who plays or has played at any level knows this! Not once this season did I hear and or read Doc or DA state they were not happy with Rondo! 

With the above stated, I am thrilled to see a change in the Cs offensive philosophy since RRs injury! I am certain the sucess that has come with this change will resonate with Doc for years to come! 

Go Celtics!!

If you're waiting for DOc or DA to make a public statement that they're unhappy with Rondo.... well, youre a lost cause and frankly, about as naive as anyone Ive encountered on this forum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I agree with dude on this one.  Danny and Doc would never say the team was better off without Rondo.  That just wouldnt be cool.

Again though its way too soon to say one way or the other, it will all play out soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Celtics!!

If you're waiting for DOc or DA to make a public statement that they're unhappy with Rondo.... well, youre a lost cause and frankly, about as naive as anyone Ive encountered on this forum

You are correct! I am naive to the opinions of someone who appears to have little knowledge of the coaching side of basketball! 

If you think a coach will allow a PG to run a rogue offense and do nothing about it, I am guessing you have little exposure to organized basketball, except though the TV screen! 

Attend a game at any level sometime and try to position yourself behind a teams bench! Listen closely to the coaches and players. 

Again, the PG runs the coaches offense! I base this opinion on first hand knowledge! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

The Celtics no matter how good they play now they still aren't favored to win the series against the Heat in the playoffs. So what do you suggest? Trade Rondo? For who? What should the Celtics do to increase their chances to win another championship and become a formidable contender? 

I just think that Rondo is not a problem and they certainly aren't better without him. RR makes just $10 m per year, plays with heart, improves every year, he's capable of taking over a game especially in the playoffs. Maybe Ainge should find the players that would fit his playing style and at the same time those players would benefit from playing with Rondo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I agree with dude on this one.  Danny and Doc would never say the team was better off without Rondo.  That just wouldnt be cool.

Again though its way too soon to say one way or the other, it will all play out soon.

I agree with you, DA and Doc would likely have said nothing if they were unhappy with Rondo! They simply would have traded him! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Go Celtics!!

You are correct! I am naive to the opinions of someone who appears to have little knowledge of the coaching side of basketball! 

If you think a coach will allow a PG to run a rogue offense and do nothing about it, I am guessing you have little exposure to organized basketball, except though the TV screen! 

Attend a game at any level sometime and try to position yourself behind a teams bench! Listen closely to the coaches and players. 

Again, the PG runs the coaches offense! I base this opinion on first hand knowledge! 

and this^^^  lamebrain response has what to do about your ridiculous, naive notion that Doc and DA havent publicly stated they're unhappy with Rondo? 

ps/ using so many (!'s) doesnt make your position any more sane

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I agree with you, DA and Doc would likely have said nothing if they were unhappy with Rondo! They simply would have traded him! 

and with this you prove your own ignorance of which you accuse of others. Contridicting your own previous statement.. oh, almost forgot  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

To be fair now,  do you really thing DA or Doc are going to actually say that we are better without Rondo?  I seriously doubt it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Idoit.  You know nothing about basketball. This must be your fourth or fifth bash or hate Rondo thread. 

It really helps if you spell idiot correctly, when referring to someone else as one!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Go Celtics!!

Well, since we are justifying our statements by sharing resumes, I was an All-State PG along side Xavier McDaniel and a professsional Corner Back for 4-yrs til I was injured. My basis is better than yours. Thanks for sharing BCSP! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Celtics!!

Well, since we are justifying our statements by sharing resumes, I was an All-State PG along side Xavier McDaniel and a professsional Corner Back for 4-yrs til I was injured. My basis is better than yours. Thanks for sharing BCSP! 

Then you should know as well as anyone! The PG runs the coaches offense! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Go Celtics!!

But in Rondo's case, they have given him the keys to the car. He is actually calling the Coaches plays which is really slowing him down because he is thinking too much. This ruins everyone's rythm and he just doesn't seem adept at the role. Doc's fault for giving the responsibility to him. BUT, 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Celtics!!

But in Rondo's case, they have given him the keys to the car. He is actually calling the Coaches plays which is really slowing him down because he is thinking too much. This ruins everyone's rythm and he just doesn't seem adept at the role. Doc's fault for giving the responsibility to him. BUT, 

We agree! Rondo was doing what his coach asked him to do. No one on the team, including Doc, has said anything different.

With that stated, I do like the way the team is playing now! The C's have obviously changed their  offensive philosophy! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I want to make a point while the C's are playing well. As currently constructed, It's not really fair to say that we will see if this team really is better without Rondo by the end of the season. Although I like him for his heart, I think rondo is a little overrated overall; however, he is the only true pg on this team and regardless of his position he is unquestionably one of the top rotation guys on this team. He went down and his position in the rotation has not been replaced. The fact that this team does not have a pg at all may end up hurting the team moreso than the loss of a specific pg. to me, it would be really interesting to see this this team performs from here on out with an adequate true pg that can make an open shot. For example, players like Steve Blake, Andre miller, or even jannero pargo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

I want to make a point while the C's are playing well. As currently constructed, It's not really fair to say that we will see if this team really is better without Rondo by the end of the season. Although I like him for his heart, I think rondo is a little overrated overall; however, he is the only true pg on this team and regardless of his position he is unquestionably one of the top rotation guys on this team. He went down and his position in the rotation has not been replaced. The fact that this team does not have a pg at all may end up hurting the team moreso than the loss of a specific pg. to me, it would be really interesting to see this this team performs from here on out with an adequate true pg that can make an open shot. For example, players like Steve Blake, Andre miller, or even jannero pargo.

Certiainly good points, BUT, I believe that the emphasis of having a "true" PG has been fading for over a decade now. With bigger athletes becoming so adept at handling the ball, and almost all of the NBA's players having advanced so much in skill level, the practice of having a primary ball handler on the team is too predictable, easier to defend against, and is phasing out via the natural evolution of the game. No PG moves faster than the ball when its passed. The team who moves the ball best will have the most success. We are seeing it before our very own eyes. 

Sections
Shortcuts