what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??

I Have a hard time believing it since it's an opinion of a Celtics blog. Read:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/7/29/3200880/the-top-5-reasons-why-jeff-green-hasnt-signed-yet

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

it was a joke...kind of funny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??:
    I Have a hard time believing it since it's an opinion of a Celtics blog. Read: http://www. celticsblog .com/2012/7/29/3200880/the-top-5-reasons-why-jeff-green-hasnt-signed-yet
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

seems far fetched.  what would the Celtics even trade in return?

It would seem more likely in February if the Celtics showcase Sullinger and Green and Orlando for some reason decides to take worse deals than they would get from the Rockets or Lakers, which would be absurd.

And Sullinger would have to be a double-double guy.  And Green would have to develop into a 15-18pts - 7reb guy, and Fab Melo would have to get 4 blocks per 48 minutes... and even then the Rockets might have more to offer (especially all of their draft picks)

I don't think Josh Smith is outrageous, though.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Maybe not so far fetched? But youre scaring the Trolls...ha.ha...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" what does the rockets have compared to the boston??"

Ummm, the Magic aren't trading with the Rockets either, that's why Howard isn't a Rocket. Yeah, that Celtics package is better than the Rockets but they are both a joke for DH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??:
    In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : seems far fetched.  what would the Celtics even trade in return? It would seem more likely in February if the Celtics showcase Sullinger and Green and Orlando for some reason decides to take worse deals than they would get from the Rockets or Lakers, which would be absurd. And Sullinger would have to be a double-double guy.  And Green would have to develop into a 15-18pts - 7reb guy, and Fab Melo would have to get 4 blocks per 48 minutes... and even then the Rockets might have more to offer (especially all of their draft picks) I don't think Josh Smith is outrageous, though.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

If these guys put up those type of numbers, I would just as soon keep them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Bass and Green for J-Smoove would be nice, it's unlikely I know but he has a good relation with Rondo and he probably won't sign an extension with Atlanta.
    He would make us true contenders, on par with Miami and OKC.
    Imagine:
    Rondo-Lee-Pierce-Smith-KG
    bench:
    Terry-Bradley-Sully-Wilcox
    And then we can use the BAE to sign a back-up SF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Id much rather get J-Smoove, for the reasons that srinivasa said.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to "Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??":
    In Response to what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : This article is obviously 100% a joke. Waste of time. Posted by TommyRules
    Humor is never a waste of time. Not having a sense of it must be heavy burden to carry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

bass and green for Jsmoove?? r u serious??  maybe bass, pietrus and dooling for Jsmoove Green is way better than Jsmoove the orlando wants more young talent, and future picks the other teams could do such offer, but they aren't a title contender and D12 may not sign with them fortunately we do have young guns and picks to offer, and we are a title contender unlike the other teams
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

You're kidding right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??:

Son, to risky of a trade for Magic. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts??:

It was supposed to be humorous.  It wasn't, but it was supposed to be

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sorry, Jeff Green can't be used in a sign and trade to any team.
    Posted by TommyRules

Tommy the Laker troll apparently missed the part where the article was satire and meant to be silly

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : no i'm not, havent seen his stats when he was starting pf in OKC?? Green ave. during OKC 16.5ppg(2008-2009) 15.1ppg(2009-2010) 15.2ppg(2010-2011) *before he traded to boston despite of durant's 30ppg, harden's 12ppg ang westbrook's 21ppg He can score 20ppg if he starts, and can be a go to guy someday.
    Posted by The BIG TICKET

Ummm... don't even get me started. WOW... 

I absoluted murdered PuPirate on this topic last week. Check out 'Jeff Green is NOT a power forward' if you need a more in depth look at why he was a mediocre player at the 4. But here is all the proof you need that he is not in the class of Josh Smith.

Green was playing 37 mins his 2 big years ('08-'10) at PF, taking 13.5 shots at about 45%. That is nice for your SF, esp b/c he shot so many mid-range jumpers, but it is slightly below what you'd like from a PF.

Josh Smith in 3 less mins, taking the same # of shots per game '08-'12, was a 48% shooter. People knock him for falling in love with his jumper, but he is better than Green from the floor.

So when it comes to offense the guys are basically the same mid-range shooters and both can slash into the paint like SF's and play above the rim. Only Smith always seemed to do it with chip on shoulder authority and Green with hesitant 'I lack passion but ooze natural skill' passiveness.

Oh and Smith got 2.15 offensive reb's in 3 less mins to Green's 1.45. That is basically 3 extra possessions every 4 games.

So that is 50% of the game of basketball. Green's better on offense and Smith better on defense, but I just showed Smith is a better offensive player than Green despite that not being his best strength.

Let's move to defense, where Smith is a known freak and stud who can defend 3 positions. He was 2nd team all-defense one year. Five seasons in the top 3 in blocks (2.2 career) and was a top 10 player in steals (1.3 career) and defensive reb's (6.4 last 4 years) 1x each. All while being known to not 100% focus his talents at all times.

Green? Not a single statistical honor other than being 8th in mins played 1 year and making his all-rookie team. He let the average opposing SF have an INSANE all-star level 21.7 PER against him when they were lucky enough to get him on D. Whenever he sat down on the bench OKC scored more points per minute and had a greater +/- then when he was in the game. His 0.9 steals, 0.6 blocks and 4.4 defensive rebounds, all in big mins, can't compare to Smith.

Smith is a guy who has a past history of defending LBJ, Melo, Deng and Durant VERY well.... Green is a guy we only hope can play them well when he transitions to mostly playing SF, and only in our wildest dreams would he be the defender Smith already is.

Still want to say Green is 'better than JSmoove'?

yeeesh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : If these guys put up those type of numbers, I would just as soon keep them.
    Posted by OneOnOne

yeah if Sully was even a 12-7 (in 18 mins), Melo a 4-5-2 (in 14 mins) and Green a 17-5 (in 20 SF mins and 10 PF mins) then I would keep them over trading for Josh Smith.

But this would mean Bass was down to 20 mins a game. I would trade Green, Bass and Melo for Smith. Or Green, Sully and Collins.

but not both rookies unless they both underachieved. By that I would say that Sully would have to have a back issue crop up that needs surgery (rebuilding Hawks could look forward to him being like a bonus lotto pick next year) or repeatedley get stuffed at the rim in the 12 or so mins Doc will likely give him in November and make the C's brass downgrade him from a future 30 mins 17/9 PF to a 20 min 12/6 guy.

Melo would have to aimlessly coast through a 2 month long stint in Maine doing little more than he did at Syracuse in order for us to move him by Jan-Feb.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : Ummm... don't even get me started. WOW...  I absoluted murdered PuPirate on this topic last week. Check out 'Jeff Green is NOT a power forward' if you need a more in depth look at why he was a mediocre player at the 4. But here is all the proof you need that he is not in the class of Josh Smith. Green was playing 37 mins his 2 big years ('08-'10) at PF, taking 13.5 shots at about 45%. That is nice for your SF, esp b/c he shot so many mid-range jumpers, but it is slightly below what you'd like from a PF. Josh Smith in 3 less mins, taking the same # of shots per game '08-'12, was a 48% shooter. People knock him for falling in love with his jumper, but he is better than Green from the floor. So when it comes to offense the guys are basically the same mid-range shooters and both can slash into the paint like SF's and play above the rim. Only Smith always seemed to do it with chip on shoulder authority and Green with hesitant 'I lack passion but ooze natural skill' passiveness. Oh and Smith got 2.15 offensive reb's in 3 less mins to Green's 1.45. That is basically 3 extra possessions every 4 games. So that is 50% of the game of basketball. Green's better on offense and Smith better on defense, but I just showed Smith is a better offensive player than Green despite that not being his best strength. Let's move to defense, where Smith is a known freak and stud who can defend 3 positions. He was 2nd team all-defense one year. Five seasons in the top 3 in blocks (2.2 career) and was a top 10 player in steals (1.3 career) and defensive reb's (6.4 last 4 years) 1x each. All while being known to not 100% focus his talents at all times. Green? Not a single statistical honor other than being 8th in mins played 1 year and making his all-rookie team. He let the average opposing SF have an INSANE all-star level 21.7 PER against him when they were lucky enough to get him on D. Whenever he sat down on the bench OKC scored more points per minute and had a greater +/- then when he was in the game. His 0.9 steals, 0.6 blocks and 4.4 defensive rebounds, all in big mins, can't compare to Smith. Smith is a guy who has a past history of defending LBJ, Melo, Deng and Durant VERY well.... Green is a guy we only hope can play them well when he transitions to mostly playing SF, and only in our wildest dreams would he be the defender Smith already is . Still want to say Green is 'better than JSmoove'? yeeesh
    Posted by rameakap

Smith can help us more than Green.......but we don't have Smith.  Hopefully Green will surprise us all.  I'm personally hoping he makes a commitment to D, and let's just see what happens

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: what about this article? Jeff green part of D12 trade?? any thoughts?? : Smith can help us more than Green.......but we don't have Smith.  Hopefully Green will surprise us all.  I'm personally hoping he makes a commitment to D, and let's just see what happens
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Haha agree

I always enjoy seeing you support my long-winded statistical posts with your right to the point sensible sounding ones:-)

and nothing is happening with smith unless Howard is traded and extended.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why is Green's deal not completed?  Anyone know.

Sections
Shortcuts