What about THIS for 2015 Boston Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

What about THIS for 2015 Boston Celtics

Don't trade Rondo

Tank this year & get another top 7 pick plus clips

Sign Kawhi Leonard to a ( with us he will be a 35 min,18/20 pts 8 reb 2 steal guy with nasty in your face D ) contract the spurs can't match next yr

sign eith M Gasol or B Lopez 

resign Rondo

Draft BPA with pick 7

trade Clips pick & Walllaces expiring for Solid back up vet Big

A line up of Rondo-Smart-Leonard-Sully-Gasol, with a Bench of Bradley, Oly,Young,Vet Big, pick 7

green would opt out after having a decent year again for a horrible team. Someone bites and gives him a 4 yr deal. NOT US

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: What about THIS for 2015 Boston Celtics

Sounds very good to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If they re-sign Rondo, the Celtics would be too stupid a team for me to root for.

Rondo isn't that good and is old (yes, 28 is old for a PG who relies solely on quickness). Everyone in the NBA knows this, except Celtic homers.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not enough money to even get Kawhi if you sign Rondo to the max, let alone Gasol or Lopez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not enough money to even get Kawhi if you sign Rondo to the max, let alone Gasol or Lopez.

[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. Bradley would be the only guy signed ( for 8M ) the rest ( Sully, Oly, Smart Young, and # 7 pk would ALL still be on rookie deals ) Remember...Green opted out of his deal ( which is not that far fetched believe it or not ) and we moved Wallace's expiring deal with the Clippers pick for a back up vet big ( say...6Mil ) So you're looking at 26-28 Mil maybe right there. Kawhi signs for 4 yrs 72 mil ( no way Spurs match that for a 13/6 guy who plays 28 mins ) So now we are at roughly 45M. We blow everybody away and sign Gasol for 4/80 which brings us right to the cap at 65m. We then can resign Rondo for 5/90 if we want.......It could be done. And it would be a pretty darn good team with a great mix of polished vets and young studs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. Bradley would be the only guy signed ( for 8M ) the rest ( Sully, Oly, Smart Young, and # 7 pk would ALL still be on rookie deals ) Remember...Green opted out of his deal ( which is not that far fetched believe it or not ) and we moved Wallace's expiring deal with the Clippers pick for a back up vet big ( say...6Mil ) So you're looking at 26-28 Mil maybe right there. Kawhi signs for 4 yrs 72 mil ( no way Spurs match that for a 13/6 guy who plays 28 mins ) So now we are at roughly 45M. We blow everybody away and sign Gasol for 4/80 which brings us right to the cap at 65m. We then can resign Rondo for 5/90 if we want.......It could be done. And it would be a pretty darn good team with a great mix of polished vets and young studs.

[/QUOTE]

You have to keep a cap hold for Rondo unless you renounce him.  I know you lose bird rights if you renounce him, but I also think you then can't sign him until a set period of time, after the season starts I believe.  Sign and trade might be possible though...using either players or TPE if you have one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

What's hard to believe is Jeff Green opting out and the Celts moving Wallace's contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's hard to believe is Jeff Green opting out and the Celts moving Wallace's contract.

[/QUOTE]

The way they're throwing money around this year 9m is chump change for an in your prime 16/17 pt a game third whistle on a good team. Believe it....if green has a a SLIGHTLY better year than he did last he will for sure opt out. 

Wallace. He'll be an expiring contract. If we sweeten the deal with a pic, like the clippers, we actually might get something decent for him. 

This is just how the game works now. There's a lot of moving parts, planning etc....it's not just you give me player X and I get player Y. Like in the OLD days......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

The way they're throwing money around this year 9m is chump change for an in your prime 16/17 pt a game third whistle on a good team. Believe it....if green has a a SLIGHTLY better year than he did last he will for sure opt out. 

Wallace. He'll be an expiring contract. If we sweeten the deal with a pic, like the clippers, we actually might get something decent for him. 

This is just how the game works now. There's a lot of moving parts, planning etc....it's not just you give me player X and I get player Y. Like in the OLD days......

We'll know for sure 1 year from now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to keep a cap hold for Rondo unless you renounce him.  I know you lose bird rights if you renounce him, but I also think you then can't sign him until a set period of time, after the season starts I believe.  Sign and trade might be possible though...using either players or TPE if you have one.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...good point. I'm still on the old CBA. We'd have to take nothing back when we move Wallace. Bradley's 8m really throws a monkey wrench into it. Which makes me really believe that Rondo is already gone. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Math don't lie, or you like your fuzzy math better for your fantasy. 

5 players, Wallace, Green, Bradley, Sully, Oly accounts for 31.5m guarantee.  Add 2 rookies this year and 2 next year that is about 8+m, so now a total of about 40m.

There is about 23-24m left to sign the rest of the team depending on the salary cap limit.  You want to sign Rondo?  Please tell me how much is a max contract usually?

Even if Green opt out, you still have hard time signing both Kawhi and Rondo with all the cap holds for the rest of the players and we are not even talking about Gasol or Lopez yet.  Wallace bad contract and very late 1st round pick for a big man?  Very funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That and if Rondo is on this team in a contract year they won't finish in 7th place.  Green and him will be out to prove something in a contract year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That and if Rondo is on this team in a contract year they won't finish in 7th place.  Green and him will be out to prove something in a contract year.

[/QUOTE]

So are Bass, Wallace, Anthony, Fav, Babb and CJohnson.  I think we may have a contender here with all these expiring and team option contracts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

The problem with that is we all know a leopard can't change its spots.

Jeff Green will always be Jeff Green.

I mean he will never be consistent, he'll always be consistently inconsistent.

It's in his DNA.

Same with Rondo.

Rondo is entering his 8th year.

His FT shooting and 3pt shooting will always be like that.

I thought he would improve back in 2009 and 2010.

But it looks like that's the best Rondo can do.

So I don't expect Jeff Green to walk away from 9.2m because a lot of teams are willing to pay him 12m per year.

And Rondo might play well, but if he can't average 20 ppg, he's not going to make the Celts a .500 team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics being bad will allow for big changes next year.  It will probably happen no matter what moves we make.  The problem is we might be bad again the year after,  as no free agent will want to come here with a lousy team. The signing of Bradley unless traded is the mystery.  Why overpay and make that signing.

Love if he comes here will eliminate this long term tank thinking.  I would also wonder if under the long term tank Stevens would eventually leave.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The Celtics being bad will allow for big changes next year.  It will probably happen no matter what moves we make.  The problem is we might be bad again the year after,  as no free agent will want to come here with a lousy team. The signing of Bradley unless traded is the mystery.  Why overpay and make that signing.

Love if he comes here will eliminate this long term tank thinking.  I would also wonder if under the long term tank Stevens would eventually leave.

The salary cap increases every year.

So AB will not be considered overpaid starting next season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Spurs will lock up Kawhi long before he is available to us. He is the future of their franchise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Spurs will lock up Kawhi long before he is available to us. He is the future of their franchise.

Bingo!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't trade Rondo

Tank this year & get another top 7 pick plus clips

Sign Kawhi Leonard to a ( with us he will be a 35 min,18/20 pts 8 reb 2 steal guy with nasty in your face D ) contract the spurs can't match next yr

sign eith M Gasol or B Lopez 

resign Rondo

Draft BPA with pick 7

trade Clips pick & Walllaces expiring for Solid back up vet Big

A line up of Rondo-Smart-Leonard-Sully-Gasol, with a Bench of Bradley, Oly,Young,Vet Big, pick 7

green would opt out after having a decent year again for a horrible team. Someone bites and gives him a 4 yr deal. NOT US

[/QUOTE]

The Spurs will NEVER let Leonard get away

Gasol will play with his brother as soon as he gets the chance, he's not coming to Boston

The Celtics won't be drafting in the top 7 again, they probably won't be picking in the top 20 and they should trade their own draft pick so we never ever have to think of losing this year as a good thing, root for the Nets and Clippers to lose, let's get back to winning 50+ games every year starting this season !

Sections
Shortcuts