What are Garnett and Allen worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: What are Garnett and Allen worth?

YOUTH WITH GOOOOOD POTENTIAL AND/OR DRAFT PICKS !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I would rather watch this group ride off into the sunset and reload next year than make a knee jerk trade this year that in any way gets rid of our cap windfall and picks unless it makes a lock for 18 this year and even then I don't want to mortgage the farm for an asterisk year championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I assume you mean what are they worth contract wise when they expire?

guys like McDyess, Wallace, Jermaine all got the full MLE for 2-3 years in the past few years when it was clear they would be 18-24 minute a game backups

That is what KG is worth if he doesn't retire... prob 2/10

but since he has made an insane amount of money over his career he'd prob only return somewhere he is comfortable and has a title shot, even for much less money.

Dallas, Minnesota, OKC, Chicago, San Antonio and Boston would be the only teams I can really see him on next year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Reggie Miller played 3 years at age 37-39 making 5-5-6 million and still getting dub digit points off the bench

I'd see Ray them same way

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

In Response to Re: What are Garnett and Allen worth?:
    [QUOTE]Ray is worth a 1st round pick or Mo Williams. KG is worth a lottery pick plus bad contracts. Like Ben Gordon and Charlie V plus Detroit's lottery pick for KG. Just an example.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  you are dreaming to say the least....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flag-waiver. Show flag-waiver's posts

the over the hill gang

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]I assume you mean what are they worth contract wise when they expire? guys like McDyess, Wallace, Jermaine all got the full MLE for 2-3 years in the past few years when it was clear they would be 18-24 minute a game backups That is what KG is worth if he doesn't retire... prob 2/10 but since he has made an insane amount of money over his career he'd prob only return somewhere he is comfortable and has a title shot, even for much less money. Dallas, Minnesota, OKC, Chicago, San Antonio and Boston would be the only teams I can really see him on next year
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

if ray allen got 2/20 in his last 2 years KG can get 2/20.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Kg worth a cheeseburger and Ray goes for a diet coke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Reggie Miller played 3 years at age 37-39 making 5-5-6 million and still getting dub digit points off the bench I'd see Ray them same way
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I agree - but Ray would have to come back for short money, and agree to come off the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are Garnett and Allen worth? : If Ray and KG aren't traded this year, I would expect they might both become bench players next season.  As long as they both agree to a small contract, they are both worth keeping.   I also heard many times that KG could retire after the end of the season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I’m a septuagenarian and am still quite active in USTA Super Senior Tennis(over 65) tournaments so I like old athletes. I know it’s a different sport but remember George Allen’s Over the Hill Gang Wash Redskins(ave age 31) ? He did not win a super bowl with them but was in the playoffs many years. But in BB, look at the Spurs, whom Magic Johnson I heard say was the team he felt to beat in the West. They’ve won 9 out of 10 and lead over the NBA champ Mavs.  Duncan is 35, Ginobili is 34, Jefferson is 31 and although Parker is only 29, he and Jefferson have been playing 10 years so not young by many NBA standards.

I would love to keep the Big 3 and we can do that if we trade Rondo for Gasol, Kaman or Gortat. Our Big 3 cannot do it without a BIGGIE.  Or we keep Rondo and try to get a Center in the draft who could contribute immediately as the Big 3 don’t have many years left, on the bench or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

"Our Big 3 cannot do it without a BIGGIE."

Agreed. A big would especially help Garnett, efficiency-wise and longevity-wise. He's not cut out for extended minutes at center, and less so every year.

I think Garnett would still be worth $12 million next year, and $10 million the year after. 2 years, $22 million, or even 1 year for $13 million, with JJohnson ready to take over full-time in two years.

I go back and forth on trading Rondo for Gasol. Either way works for me. Rondo is undeniably good value at 10 million a year, and we've seen the improvements to his offensive game this year.

One strategy would be to let him continue to develop as the focal point of the offense, and encourage him to fire away next season. If Allen has trouble keeping focus while not being a center of the offense, maybe it's time to replace him with a 2 guard who can play better defense. Terrence Ross of UWashington fits the bill, can play the 2 or 3, has great long-term upside, and is projected to be drafted mid-first round, right about where the C's will be drafting.

I don't think it's feasible to get an immediate starter at center out of this draft, unless Sullinger can somehow be acquired.

But drafting a stud 2-3 hybrid would make Jeff Green less necessary to sign, and make it easier to offer Allen a one year deal of 7 million or less.

Unfortunately, Terrence Ross is the only 2-3 hybrid in the top 20-25 picks in this draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I dunno about 10+ million for KG

like I said there are not more than 6-7 teams he is going to sign with and that is a lot of cap space you need

Ray got that b/c he is a health freak ans was coming off of 2 great years, at age 34... KG turns 36 in May and has leg injury concerns

We also didn't let Ray hit the market.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

There are a bunch of teams with a bunch of cap room. Most will be left out of the Howard/Deron Williams sweepstakes and will overpay for the remaining FAs.

With the Amnesty rule in effect, more teams will have more cap room in general, driving the price up for FAs.

It's easy to take Garnett for granted after 4 years, and his failure to single handedly make us contenders this year, but point to another PF free agent who could be signed at less than 12 mil who will contribute as much and have as good or better of a winning/competitive mentality.

Power Forward
    (name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
    Michael Beasley, Minnesota Timberwolves – $6.3 million – Restricted ($8.2 million Qualifying Offer)
    Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
    Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
    Kenyon Martin, L.A. Clippers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
    Carl Landry, New Orleans Hornets – $8.5 million – Unrestricted
    J.J. Hickson, Sacramento Kings – $2.4 million – Restricted ($3.4 million Qualifying Offer)
    Elton Brand, Philadelphia 76ers – $17.1 million – Early Termination Option ($18.2 million)
    Antawn Jamison, Cleveland Cavaliers – $15.1 million – Unrestricted
    Shawne Williams, New Jersey Nets – $3.0 million – Player Option ($3.1 million)
    Jason Thompson, Sacramento Kings – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
    Marreese Speights, Philadelphia 76ers – $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.8 million Qualifying Offer)
    Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
    D.J. White, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Anthony Randolph, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Renaldo Balkman, New York Knicks – $1.7 million – Unrestricted
    Ronny Turiaf, Washington Wizards – $4.4 million – Unrestricted
    Troy Murphy, L.A. Lakers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Boris Diaw, Charlotte Bobcats – $9.0 million – Unrestricted
    Chris Wilcox, Boston Celtics – $3.0 million – Unrestricted
    Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
    Darrell Arthur, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Louis Amundson, Indiana Pacers – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
    Jason Maxiell, Detroit Pistons – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.0 million)
    Jordan Hill, Houston Rockets – $2.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Craig Brackins, Phildelphia 76ers – $1.4 million – Unrestricted*
    Chris Johnson, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Derrick Caracter, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
    Brian Cook, L.A. Clippers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
    Earl Clark, Orlando Magic – $1.2 million – Player Option ($1.2 million)
    Luke Harangody, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Vladimir Radmanovic, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Ivan Johnson, Atlanta Hawks – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Yi Jianlian, Dallas Mavericks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
    Vernon Macklin, Detroit Pistons – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Reggie Evans, L.A. Clippers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
    Juwan Howard, Miami HEAT – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Shelden Williams, New Jersey Nets – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
    Jared Jeffries, New York Knicks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
    Francisco Elson, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted