What are the odds of Sheed coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What are the odds of Sheed coming back?

With thirteen wins in a row I am very happy but the idea of Sheed on this team would be interesting. Is it possible contract wise and is it possible based on the team's needs.? Unlike many I think Rasheed with this veteran crew could be very effective for a short season.  Jermaine and Kendrick just do not fit in as well as Rasheed would down the stretch or during the playoffs.  Sheed in good health could be very good with this big time crew as presently constituted.  I still see us winning if healthy with the group currently on the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: What are the odds of Sheed coming back?

In Response to What are the odds of Sheed coming back?:
    [QUOTE]With thirteen wins in a row I am very happy but the idea of Sheed on this team would be interesting. Is it possible contract wise and is it possible based on the team's needs.? Unlike many I think Rasheed with this veteran crew could be very effective for a short season.  Jermaine and Kendrick just do not fit in as well as Rasheed would down the stretch or during the playoffs.  Sheed in good health could be very good with this big time crew as presently constituted.  I still see us winning if healthy with the group currently on the roster.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

If there is a way to keep someone being a person who brings lots of drugs back into Boston and go on his way back into his retirement, I cannot imagine how it is a bad thing to let him go back under the rock from which he comes from under, I am fine.

My guess is that fully 10% of the salaries of the NBA players goes back into the drug culture and continues to destroy virtually every city they enter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I cannot imagine how it is a bad thing to let him go back under the rock from which he comes from under, I am fine.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing  hehehehe, that's funny...still hurtin'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

idk, he was pretty good during the playoffs. but if our bigs stay healthy, I don't see a need for sheed. I would like to see him back cause I think he wants revenge on the Lakers, but that doesn't justify bringing him back. I know he was hurting bad after game 7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce---- Bum sheed is not hurting, my tummy hurting laughing what Dudder said.Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

May have not done anything for us during the regular season, but playoffs he stepped up big time.  I am ok with him coming back for 1/2 the season, imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    I wish I knew how these guys spent their money.  I don't, I think Rasheed would fit in better than the other two I mentioned.  But not saying JO or Kendrick can't surprise to the upside.  The team is preparing for war and it is not a bad idea to get ready considering all your options.  Rasheed healthy and motivated in a short season could still be very effective. Could is the operative word he could also be terrible. Just wanted to see what others thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

what would be the chances that rasheed would be shape enough to be able to play meaningful and productive minutes?

last year with 6 months of prep time, he was not in shape enough to be able to pull off a championship in the last game. 

no one else had to come out of the game due to cramping up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Why?  I don't believe we are talking here because we are concerned about the Celts making the playoffs. There is a limit to the number of players on the active playoff roster.  How many bigs do we need?  Generally it is recommended that the rotation shrinks to 8-9 by playoffs time.

The only way I would like Sheed to come back is if he is part of a trade that will convert the current (potential) 9 man rotation from excellent to killer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was suggesting if they did not have JO or Perkins on the roster in my question.  I am wondering if JO is going to be capable of doing what needs to be done. Perkins is also not a given with his condition and I believe Rasheed with the current roster could be far more effective than Perkins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

If Shaq/JON/Perk and KG/BBD are all healthy there really is no need for him.  Also who knows if he's in shape.   But he has been at some practices and games this year so he is keeping a relationship with the team.  He's probably viewed as an emergency possible option.  But you figure with 5 guys taking up the 4 and 5, you only have 7 more to take up the 1, 2, and 3. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

We need someone to spell Pierce against BIG 3's like melo and lubron so much more than this. 

Let's just foget about Sheed and all of his regular season laziness and extra breat meat unless some sort of freak accident fells  Jerlame permanently and Perkins is a known zero quantity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

it is a very real possiblity for the second half of the year as a long shot reserve

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

I hope he comes back. He was great for us in the playoffs which is really all that matters. There's no doubt that with our current injuries he could be a huge boon to the team. Though we'd be even better off if we can keep winning games with our rookies. It's great to see them getting meaningful minutes. If Jermaine continues having injury problems he would be an excellent candidate to get replaced by Sheed. It doesn't look like he's too optimistic about his ability to contribute. I'm also not that optimistic about Perk's comeback this season. We'd be better off if we could let him condition  and strengthen until the playoffs and even then there's no guarantee he'll be able to contribute much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Can never have a enough bigs. Thought you guys would have learned that after last year's Finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What are the odds of Sheed coming back?:
    [QUOTE]If Shaq/JON/Perk and KG/BBD are all healthy there really is no need for him.  Also who knows if he's in shape.   But he has been at some practices and games this year so he is keeping a relationship with the team.  He's probably viewed as an emergency possible option.  But you figure with 5 guys taking up the 4 and 5, you only have 7 more to take up the 1, 2, and 3. 
    Posted by greenpride32[/QUOTE]

Exactly

I would think that if you find a trade out there for a legit SF like Prince or Gerald Wallace that requires us to move both JON and Semih, then Sheed joining the team in mid-Feb as an insurance policy would be a solid move.

He can let Shaq, KG and Perk all take a back to back off for the remainder of the season and then in the playoffs would only be needed as an agitator (not w/ tech's of course) of guys like Howard and Gasol, who he has always played very well.

If we keep the roster then same and aare all healthy then there is no need for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I know this thread will pop up again later, but why??!!

Conditioning is something Sheed avoid unless it's the summer and he needs air conditioning.  He doesn't train unless he's riding Amtrak. 

The idea of Sheed returning makes some sense on paper, but in reality??
    Cmon, let the man enjoy his beer and his easy chair.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Can never have a enough bigs. Thought you guys would have learned that after last year's Finals.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I still miss Rasheed and believe he would be a great contributor to this team, especially in the playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I told in the off-season, Sheed returns. at the end of the regular season or playoffs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No need for Sheed unless we have injuries or JON/Perk cant play effectively.. Semi is not the answer.. I like the guy and he can squeeze in a few minutes here & there but he'll be a liability this season defensively the deeper we go in the playoffs.

I think it boils down to what JON & Perk can give us..jury obviously still out on that one.

If Sheed came back, it'd be somewhere in the last month or so of the season? So, who knows what kinda shape hes in & who knows how pizzed off other players may get watching him jog foulo line to foul line... launching threes all game??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Hopefully, slim. i would be an emergency option imo, if Perk doesn't make it back, JON runs out of duct tape etc. Even in last years playoffs i was less than thrilled with him to be honest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I say the odds of Rasheed's coming back are quite low. He's probably not even in competitive shape, as compared to PJ Brown who at age 39 kept himself physically fit despite being retired.

Do the Celtics have the option to rehire him after the team had officially waived him and bought out his contract? I'm not informed on the league's policy on this matter. Maybe, someone in the forum can enlighten us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

SLIM AND NONE! And SLIM just left town! For those of you too dim to read between the lines..Doc would have quit if Sheed came back!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Come back from where?!?!? Sheed is probably so stoned he doesn't know what country/state he's in right now, but he has the munchies..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What are the odds of Sheed coming back? : My guess is that fully 10% of the salaries of the NBA players goes back into the drug culture and continues to destroy virtually every city they enter.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    I don't know how Rasheed has anything to do with this. He smokes a little pot. (Okay a lot of pot) I don't know how many potheads are destroying Boston because of Rasheed Wallance. This is silly at best, and extreme racist at worst.