What are your ideas for altering this clusterf*ck of a roster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What are your ideas for altering this clusterf*ck of a roster?

In order to tank for Wiggins this should be the lineup with what we have on the roster now:

C - Olynyk, Melo

PF - Sully, Bass OR Humphries

SF - Green, Joseph

SG - Avery, Marshon OR Crawford

PG - Rondo (held out until Christmas), TWill or MLE pickup?

This means Wallace HAS TO go this summer ( I suggested Cleveland simply for a future pick or maybe Alonzo Gee). One of Bass and Humphries HAS TO go this summer and preferably Lee would be dumped as well.

Suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: What are your ideas for altering this clusterf*ck of a roster?

If Cleveland or another team with cap space simply won't take Wallace off our hands there is this flex clause i read about where he is released and his contract is spread out over many years at only a 4m a year cap hit instead of 10.

Does anybody know more about that situation? I'd prefer to get something for him and all his $ gone now of course then have 4m a year past his current expiring deal in 2016.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Play and develop the young guys to see if they're legit NBA players, jettison those who aren't a fit. Accumulate talent and draft picks and play well enough to be a lottery team for a few years.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Play and develop the young guys to see if they're legit NBA players, jettison those who aren't a fit. Accumulate talent and draft picks and play well enough to be a lottery team for a few years.   

cool but I agree with rameakap. Something needs to be done with the clutter..it seems there is alot going on..alot of repetitive positions etc.. Ainge has a plan..thats all it tells me..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If Cleveland or another team with cap space simply won't take Wallace off our hands there is this flex clause i read about where he is released and his contract is spread out over many years at only a 4m a year cap hit instead of 10.

Does anybody know more about that situation? I'd prefer to get something for him and all his $ gone now of course then have 4m a year past his current expiring deal in 2016.

Its called the stretch exception. Any contact signed after the new cba is eligible. In Wallace's case

We could cut him now and spread his remaining 3yrs and 31 mill over 7 years at a cap charge of around

4 a year.  I'd rather just hold on and try to deal him. If nothing else after the 2014-15 season he becomes a major trade chip due to his expiring contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Its called the stretch exception. Any contact signed after the new cba is eligible. In Wallace's case

We could cut him now and spread his remaining 3yrs and 31 mill over 7 years at a cap charge of around

4 a year.  I'd rather just hold on and try to deal him. If nothing else after the 2014-15 season he becomes a major trade chip due to his expiring contract.

Thanks!

And you are right... unless we REALLY need cap space summer of 2015 that plan is solid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There is a rumor the Bobcats want Humphries. And MKG didn't exactly set the world on fire as a rookie and is only 20-21, he can use some seasoning and veteran guidance. Wallace is a fan fav in Charlotte who had his best years there.

Wallace and Humphries for Tyrus Thomas and Ramon Sessions?

We get a legit backup PG for Rondo, Thomas can be buried behind Sully easily, or only play if Bass is traded, then is an expiring contract next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hope they don't  alter it too much.  Remember, the goal is to make the lotto, not the playoffs, next season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

why would anyone want Humphries and wallace?

well.....I can see Humphries for his expiring contract...but....?

we all know there will be more wheeling and dealing before camp opens.

Boston could still be in the Josh Smith sweepstakes (in a sign and trade).

who knows the direction Ainge wants to take this team.

Next up needs to be a HC though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Hope they don't  alter it too much.  Remember, the goal is to make the lotto, not the playoffs, next season.

Bingo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

why would anyone want Humphries and wallace?

well.....I can see Humphries for his expiring contract...but....?

we all know there will be more wheeling and dealing before camp opens.

Boston could still be in the Josh Smith sweepstakes (in a sign and trade).

who knows the direction Ainge wants to take this team.

Next up needs to be a HC though.

Humphries may have some value. Last year he averaged 5.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in 18.3 minutes,

the prior 2 years he was a double double guy when he got 27-35 minutes. Give him 30+ minutes and you'll get a double double. Plus he'll only  be 28. That's gotta have some value to a team needing interior rebounding.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/humphkr01.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Blow it up completely. Get rid of Rondo and Wallace for expiring deals. So then you would have cap room and picks to go get a top 5 pick in 2014 & 2015.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Rameakap,

Be patient. The team went into full rebuild mode.

Last time it took Danny 3 years to get the right personnel to be a contender and win #17. I guess the same is being done now.

I think DA is not done trading this year. Also, they have 2 1-rounders next year, etc.

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Rameakap,

Last time it took Danny 3 years to get the right personnel to be a contender and win #17. I guess the same is being done now.

I think DA is not done trading this year. Also, they have 2 1-rounders next year, etc.

AK

I agree. I think wallace a reclamation project and if he thrives, traded prior to the trade deadline for more assets. We have too many shooting guards, wonder if we'll see lee or crawford dealt for a point guard?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Rondo and Wallace to CHA for Kemba and Tyrus Thomas

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

BOS

Walker/TWill

Bradley/Marshon/Lee

Green/Joseph

Sullinger/Bass/Kardashian/Thomas

Olynyk/Melo

CHA (This team cannot shoot!!!)

Rondo/Sessions

Gordon

MKG

Wallace

Biyombo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info-I would hold as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Rameakap,

AK

Oh I'm ready to be patient, Danny is definitely in a similar situation to when he arrived in 2003. He was going to build around 1 star in Pierce, who was 26. Rondo is 27. He dumped Antoine and Delk and Vin Baker, etc.

Only the team wasn't bad enough and got the 8 seed. They were lucky to get Big Al, but Danny actually wanted Robert Swift in that draft. Yuck. Right now this C's team led by Rondo and Green is going to get that same 13-16 pick next year. They need to do MUCH worse than that and jettison some vets ASAP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

There is a rumor the Bobcats want Humphries. And MKG didn't exactly set the world on fire as a rookie and is only 20-21, he can use some seasoning and veteran guidance. Wallace is a fan fav in Charlotte who had his best years there.

Wallace and Humphries for Tyrus Thomas and Ramon Sessions?

We get a legit backup PG for Rondo, Thomas can be buried behind Sully easily, or only play if Bass is traded, then is an expiring contract next year.

People shoulde remember that we (the celtics) are not looking to win now.D,ont make trades to improve the team.We need assets to trade later on and have high drafts picks.That is the plan.

Sections
Shortcuts