What are your top 5 'What ifs?' in Celtic history?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: What are your top 5 'What ifs?' in Celtic history?

In response to R9R's comment:

What about if we had drafted Kevin Durant. Pierce would have been traded, the entire team would have been different.

Or Oden!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I don't know about Bias. While everyone claimed he was going to be great, he never played in the NBA, and how many top draft picks never pan out. In addition, Reggy Lewis, while an all star, was a second tier all star. Both stories were tragic, but...

My biggest what ifs are related to Bird's back, and KG's knee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

KG's injury prevented a repeat in my opinion.....the Celtics were rolling with the league's best record....KG was lost for the playoff run and the Celts lost to the Magic.....if KG stays healthy we hang banner #18...no question in my mind, the team was that good...!!

the Celtics have an unbelievable Finals' record of 17-4.....the four losses were the result of injuries

Russell in '58

Bird and Max in '85

almost the entire team in '87

Perk in '10 (although that may be a little bit of a reach)....Celts went back to LA up 3-2.....and led almost the entire way in game 7....that was a tragic loss IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I agree. Bird was so great that there would have been at least be one more banner.

KG's injury may have prevented mulitple banners. What if?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

What if Perkins could run, jump, and catch passes? Seriously, Pitino's time set the franchise back at least a decade, if not more.  Boston would have been better off if Pitino had come from UConn instead of Kentucky.  No one in the NBA has ever been such a poor judge of talent and so arrogant while being so wrong.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Sections
Shortcuts