what can brett brown do for you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

what can brett brown do for you?

i'm ready to hear something from the celts and/or the media on our coaching search. i'm hoping for brown. and i'm hoping something gets done soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: what can brett brown do for you?

probaby have to outbid Philly for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Brown has had success at every stop in his coaching career and has been an asst with a solid franchise and apparently he's always been a Cs fan. I think DA is taking things one step at a time as he should. First he had to deal with doco trying to screw us. Then he had to deal with finding a trade partner that would both be a competetive team and get both KG and PP paid and get good return for this team. He's probably getting his coaching interviews and prospects lined and will hire a good coach for this team not just  for a year to tank. He will find the right guy at the right time for us. I really hated the nits trade when it went down,but now I'm thinking no other GM in the league could've walk that potential mine feild and came away with what he did. He maybe a total Mo Fo when crossed but he has been good to people that have been good to him. If I sit down at a poker and see him sit down too, I'm getting up and leaving because he if nothing else has nerves of titainium not just steel and the horse sense to match.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Brown has had success at every stop in his coaching career and has been an asst with a solid franchise and apparently he's always been a Cs fan. I think DA is taking things one step at a time as he should. First he had to deal with doco trying to screw us. Then he had to deal with finding a trade partner that would both be a competetive team and get both KG and PP paid and get good return for this team. He's probably getting his coaching interviews and prospects lined and will hire a good coach for this team not just  for a year to tank. He will find the right guy at the right time for us. I really hated the nits trade when it went down,but now I'm thinking no other GM in the league could've walk that potential mine feild and came away with what he did. He maybe a total Mo Fo when crossed but he has been good to people that have been good to him. If I sit down at a poker and see him sit down too, I'm getting up and leaving because he if nothing else has nerves of titainium not just steel and the horse sense to match.

You're an idiot. Doc did not try to screw the Celtics. This was a win-win situation. The Celtics are rebuilding and not looking to pay 7M per year to a coach of a lottery bound team. The Celtics got an unprotected first round draft pick. Think about that. You ALWAYS make that trade, I don't care if you have Doc or Pop or Riley or Zen Master. 

Doc wanted a new opportunity because he probably couldn't bring himself to coach a losing team ( a team trying to lose to get to the lottery). Doc is a winner. Doc is a players coach and for the next three years our team is going to be build upon prospects and developping talent.

Doc won. Danny won. Ownership won. Celtics won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

R9R, you are right thats how it turned out but docco tried to strong arm us on the way out. Disagree with me if you want but is the idiot BS really neccessary?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Perhaps unnecessary but seriously, Doc screwed us?

I'm irritated by all the hatred towards Doc. This was not a huge conspiracy to harm the Celtics. It was a mutual decision with mutual benefits for all parites involved.

Saying "Doc screwed us" is more idiotic than name calling, sorry, just is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We can just agree to disagree on that one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i agree with R9R. the venom being spewed in doc's direction is not warranted. that's why i did not appreciate simmons running his mouth. doc's willingness to go to LA helped us get something for nothing. i think there is much more to the doc deal than meets the eye. he and danny worked together to make sure that everyone came out a winner: doc, PP, KG, and the celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

If you didn't know, Brown is from my hometown South portland Maine.  His dad was my coach in high school.

Local boy all the way.