What Celtics should improve upon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

What Celtics should improve upon

State what aspects of the Celtics game you think they need to improve upon. Please be objective and constructive with your suggestions and criticism.

To begin:
    I think the Celtics don't move the ball inside as much as they should. This is one reason why they don't go to the free throw line often enough. There is ball movement, but they seem to prefer taking the lower percentage outside shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: What Celtics should improve upon

In Response to What Celtics should improve upon:
    [QUOTE]State what aspects of the Celtics game you think they need to improve upon. Please be objective and constructive with your suggestions and criticism. To begin: I think the Celtics don't move the ball inside as much as they should. This is one reason why they don't go to the free throw line often enough. There is ball movement, but they seem to prefer taking the lower percentage outside shots.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

That's because KG loves to shoot from the outside. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to What Celtics should improve upon:
    [QUOTE]State what aspects of the Celtics game you think they need to improve upon. Please be objective and constructive with your suggestions and criticism. To begin: I think the Celtics don't move the ball inside as much as they should. This is one reason why they don't go to the free throw line often enough. There is ball movement, but they seem to prefer taking the lower percentage outside shots.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]
       This is a good idea for a thread. I agree with what you stated. I think the C's would have won the game against the Mavs last night if they would have worked the ball inside or ran plays of drives to the basket toward the end of the game.
     Unfortunately the C's settled for jump shots the last minute of the game and none of them went in, thus allowing the Mavs to win the game.
       My reasoning is simple. With inside shots and drives toward the end of the game, there is always a good chance of getting fouled and than going to the foul line. Secondly missed jump shots allow the opposing to get out in the lanes and run the break, and thus getting higher percentage shots.
       Ray Allen played a good game, but I was upset with him when he took a 3 pointer on a fast break with about a minute left in the game. The jump shots spread like wild fire after that as both Rondo and K.G took and missed jump shots. Mavs win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I think the Celtics need overall improvement. In their shot selection, in rebounding, in ball handling, in free throws, in leadership and in game preparation. Doc also needs to improve in players rotation.

We can talk about this all day, and we can pinpoint different problems, but it all comes down to leadership. And leadership starts from the big three.

Time Will Only Tell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I respect the opinion of the C's don't move the ball inside enough but that is so far from the truth. The have the best FG% in the league as a team. That's not coming from Rondo, Perk or anyone on the bench. They pass the ball so well that it would be hard to say they don't get enough points in the paint. That's not a major problem with this team.

I think the biggest problem with this team is playing down to the competition and playing up to the competition. That's not a good trait for the regular season but it's a GREAT trait to have for the playoffs. This is why they could get to the ECF without KG and be something like 10-3 against the best teams in the league.

I'm not sure this is going to improve because they only focus on the big picture....which is the CHIP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

REBOUNDING!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

seriously, we could pick and poke at all the faults of the team, but in comparison, this team is superior to any at this juncture. Its also easier to pin point deficiencies after a tough loss. In retrospect, they are having an outstanding season,second best record,  four all stars, and a very high shooting % supports it. Granted, the rebounding is inconsistant, but injuries to Perk, Shack, Jo, and KG have something to do with it. I, for one, am enjoying every game this season, and looking forward to see what happens with a full crew onboard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

how about swap the big threes with Miami?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: What Celtics should improve upon:
    [QUOTE]how about swap the big threes with Miami?
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]
    How about trading your aunt fannie for Halle Berre ,or quit whining like beatches and rooting for the team we`ve got?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

they should keep the big-3 's minutes per game below 30......
    and perhaps, i'm not sure honestly, to change jo with rasheed wallace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

[QUOTE]they should keep the big-3 's minutes per game below 30...... and perhaps, i'm not sure honestly, to change jo with rasheed wallace
    Posted by caesarthecat[/QUOTE]

You know very little about NBA basketball if you're telling us that the Celtics should play the Big 3 for only 2 and a half quarters every game. The Celtics already tried that approach last season. It cost the Celtics a championship because Game 7 was at LA! Yell 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

turnovers have always been our achilles heel

that's been the only thing holding us back from having an offense as good as our defense in the big 3 era

we've always had good fg%, 3pt%, assists, if we stopped turning the ball over we'd be unguardable

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]turnovers have always been our achilles heel that's been the only thing holding us back from having an offense as good as our defense in the big 3 era we've always had good fg%, 3pt%, assists, if we stopped turning the ball over we'd be unguardable
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

I agree that the turnovers are definitely a problem for this team.  Also lack of rebounding.  The Celtics rebounding has been a problem for the last few years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So far, we have:  They don't get the ball inside enough; they don't rebound enough, their point guard doesn't shoot enough, they have too many turnovers; they play the Big 3 too many minutes; their shot selection, free throw shooting, leadership, ball handling, and game preparation are bad!  Wow - that sounds like a truly TERRIBLE team.  Are we talking about the Cavaliers or the Timberwolves?  I thought this was about the Celtics?

Rebounding and turnovers are our only weaknesses.  I really think the other items are not valid.

Maybe we should have another thread that starts:

What do you love about this team? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I think the bench needs to improve... no one on the bench is consistent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I believe that's why they are bench players - they aren't as consistent as starters or league stars.   No one's bench is ALWAYS there.  

BTW, I would argue that BBD is as consistent as any bench player in the league!  He's a legit candidate for 6th man of the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]I believe that's why they are bench players - they aren't as consistent as starters or league stars.   No one's bench is ALWAYS there.   BTW, I would argue that BBD is as consistent as any bench player in the league!  He's a legit candidate for 6th man of the year.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Good Post. Starters should play like starters and bench players should play like bench players. That is just a fact many still don't understand.

Time Will Only Tell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

1.  Bench play
    2.  Take the ball to the basket - attack more often
    3.  Get healthy (aligned to Point 1)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

The  Celts  obviously  need  to  improve  their  rebounding.  NO  EXCUSES.  Also, they  need  to  focus  on  getting  more  points  in  the  paint  to  close  out  games, rather  than  over-rely  on  jump  shots.  The  Celts  also  need  to  cut  down  on  turnovers.  I  agree  with  Doc's  strategy  of  playing  BBD  rather  than  Perk, at  the  end  of  games.  If  they  re-sign  Perk, he  has  to  take  a  cue  from  Ray.  In  the  offseason, Perk  needs  to  practice  CATCHING  THE  BALL.  Perk  not  being  able  to  catch  the  ball  is  preventing  him  from  being  an  all-star.  Also, Rondo  needs  to  practice  two  hundred  free  throws  a  day.  Maybe  with  Rondo  free  throws  are  all mental.  Just  imagine  how  good  the  Celts  would  be  if  Perk  and  Rondo  upgraded  their  offensive  games !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I haven't checked the stats, but it seems that the C's have improved their rebounding with the return of Perk. Perk has been rebounding well since his return. I hope he keeps it up.

Sections
Shortcuts