WHAT CHRIS JOHNSON ADDED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

WHAT CHRIS JOHNSON ADDED

Regardless of how long he stays with the team, Johnson tonight showed in 25 minutes more pure, intuitive basketball instinct than Bradley, Bass and Green collectively.

He can score, he's athletic, he's long for the position (at least on this roster), he competes, and he can run. What's not to like?

How refreshing (and rare) to see a Celtic player energized, moving freely, quickly, intelligently and confidently AND making the right plays. 

And apparently he's been that kind of player from the jump.  The following quotes are taken from DraftNet.

Dayton coach Archie Miller
    “He’s one of those kids who has a little edge on him about where he is today, how he got here and how hard it was.”

Georgia Tech (and former Dayton) coach Brian Gregory
    “One thing I liked about him when I recruited him is he scored almost all his baskets around the hoop by slashing, cutting, offensive-rebounding, posting. He just had a knack, a knack to make plays and a knack to rebound by pursuing the ball and getting out-of-area rebounds. That’s continued [in college].”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: WHAT CHRIS JOHNSON ADDED

He immediately reminded me of a young Stephen Jackson.

That's good!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

If he can learn to defend on the ball, he will make everyone say, "Tony who?" He was an electric presence on the court and was able to go wherever he wanted to but retained ball awareness.  He never just went to a spot and stayed there, kinda like another Celtics player from days gone by (nickname rhymes with Rondo).  For a young player (from the D-League) to be so under control is rare.  I thought that he was the best guard on the floor when he was in the game (on both teams).  No nonchalance, no attitude other than be aggressive made him fun to watch.  The interesting thing to me was that he didn't seem to be overtly trying to impress anyone and just played his game.  He didn't force anything but made things happen. We don't need no stinkin' Jordan Crawford.  I hope he sticks - I like the idea of another guard named Johnson on the Celtics.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He did add eleven points which ain't bad.  Hopefully that is not his high water mark

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

He can pass the ball a bit and he would be a LOT CHEAPER than Bradley.????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Looked good we gotta keep perspective. He could have been playing from being on an emotional jacked up high that might be hard to do night in and night out. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:

[QUOTE]

He can pass the ball a bit and he would be a LOT CHEAPER than Bradley.????????????

[/QUOTE]

Come on, Chris Johnson only played 1 game for the Celts.

This could end up like that Chris Babb fiasco in the preseason.

Babb had 12 points and 4 3-pointers and some of the Celtic fans here were already saying he was our best SG.

I think Chris Johnson can be a good role player.

But we can't let Bradley go and replace him with Chris Johnson at the starting SG spot.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.........gotta love people getting excited by a player with a decent first game. 

My response to "What did Chris Johnson Add?"    He just added another player that will not be on this team next year....and hopefully he added several more losses.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The scouting report I read says he always plays the way we witnessed last night. Smart and with heart.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah we can't let Bradley go because he is sooo good... what a joke, the kid isn't a starting shooting guard, he can't play point guard, so how much do you guys want to pay him?  

Good players have come from the undrafted ranks and NBDL before, it's not unheard of.  Some players have to take the long circuitous route to the NBA playing in Europe and beyond to reach their potential whether it is Babb or Chris Johnson.  I'll trust Ainge's eye for talent over the hacks on this site...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

There's always a diamond in the rough. Let's see if he does this on a consitent basis.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Bradley is too small and fragile to play two guard and he can't handle the ball well enough to play the point.

I would have kept Lee and traded Bradley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4043222. Show user_4043222's posts

David Thirdkill, Conner Henry, Terrence Williams, the list is endless.  He played one game.  Gimme a break.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The new kid had a good first game.  Let's further see what he can do.  Bayless and Bradley are out for a little bit, the opportunity is knocking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Nobody is annointing this kid the next Michael Jordan.  It's pretty apparent Ainge is scouring the free agent market and developmental league to bring in every warm body for a look.  What we know for sure is that Avery Bradley is NOT the answer at either shooting guard or point guard.  This team isn't playing to win, they're playing to improve.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody is annointing this kid the next Michael Jordan.  It's pretty apparent Ainge is scouring the free agent market and developmental league to bring in every warm body for a look.  What we know for sure is that Avery Bradley is NOT the answer at either shooting guard or point guard.  This team isn't playing to win, they're playing to improve.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

plus 2

Sections
Shortcuts