What could have been? Better or worse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

What could have been? Better or worse?

Should Danny have pulled the trigger and secured josh Smith and would we be better today?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--after-trade-talks-to-send-paul-pierce-to-dallas-fell-through--celtics-make-another-spring-run-203043279.html

what should we do after the season? Pay Paul his guarantee 5 million and let him walk the last year of his contract and use that money to lure Smith or keep Pual until his contract ends? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Re: What could have been? Better or worse?

If that trade went through, the domino effect could have resulted in a starting line up of D. Jordan, Josh Smith, Green, Courtney Lee, and Avery Bradley.  Not bad but is it better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

solich8, you bring up a great point.  Is it better?  Honestly, I would have loved to see.  I think having Josh Smith, Jeff Green and Bledsoe (coming off the bench) would have made us a more explosive team offensively IF EVERYONE BOUGHT into the offense we're running now (ball movement).

As difficult as we are NOW to defend because on any given night anybody can contribute, it might have been even more difficult with more Green and adding Smith and Bledsoe.  Those guys can score in so many different ways than Pierce and KG can.

And honestly, we would have to personnel to be solid defensively too.  If everyone bought into our defensive scheme, we'd be even better defensively (from a personnel standpoint).  What you lose in KG, you gain in Smith and Jordan and an athletic Green at 6'9" playing small forward.

It, no doubt, would have been interesting.  Long term though, if Josh signs, we would have been contenders immediately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

As I just said in another post, I'd have only done that deal if KG then waived the no trade and we got Jordan and Bledsoe.

Since Danny will never tell us and the only news we heard was that KG told CP3 he wouldn't go and the owners in LA were hesitant to pull the trigger even if he said yes, i guess we will NEVER know 'what could have been'

I hope Ainge pulls the tigger this offseason on a Rondo trade that gets us either a borderline all-star PF-C (Hordford, Jefferson) or a glue guy big who can board (Sean Marion, Jason Thompson) and a lotto pick.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I wish i hadn't heard about that trade almost happening, because i can't stop wishing that it had!!  We would have been in a much better place for the future. I can't believe Ainge wouldn't throw in the Draft pick, lower teens or 20's in a very weak draft, you've got to be kidding me!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I wish i hadn't heard about that trade almost happening, because i can't stop wishing that it had!!  We would have been in a much better place for the future. I can't believe Ainge wouldn't throw in the Draft pick, lower teens or 20's in a very weak draft, you've got to be kidding me!!

Maybe Ainge thinks he can get Victor Oladipo with the 16th or 17th pick.

He'll be gone long before that.

Sections
Shortcuts