What could have been!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

What could have been!

Let's just take a step back and imagine what could've been this year. Suppose Ainge kept everything as-is and didn't trade KG and PP and drafted KO, Iverson and signed Pressey. We'd be looking at a lineup of

Rondo, AB, PP, KO, KG

Pressey, Lee, Green, Bass/Sully, Iverson/Melo/FA

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: What could have been!

YOu could be right but I think KO is going to turn out to be the STEAL of the draft. He played PG growing up and now you can see those skills come out...but now he's 7'0". Ainge could have back to back steals of KO and Sully. I keep these two together and let them grow together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Is the Nets deal ever going to be coming around again if we don't do it then?  PP and KG would be another year older, would the Nets be willing to make the trade after that?  Where is the point of diminishing return start?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm glad what could have been is not going to happen. Doc would still be our coach, KO would be buried on the bench, until 3 or 4 guys got hurt, and Green would still be sitting and watching PP move in slow motion. So glad those days are over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I still firmly believe that Sully is the starter at PF. KO could have come in off the bench for KG to provide energy and scoring. Sully is the better overall NBA player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Pshhhh you be wack dude.

With Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Green, Sullinger, KG, Olynyk, Bass, Lee, Terry, etc, we would absolutely still be a contender.

Miami, Chicago, Indianna, New York, Brooklyn, Boston. That would be the top 6 teams, and I bet we could have slated in anywhere 2-6 with this group.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I'm glad what could have been is not going to happen. Doc would still be our coach, KO would be buried on the bench, until 3 or 4 guys got hurt, and Green would still be sitting and watching PP move in slow motion. So glad those days are over.

I kind of feel the same way. Notice I didn't mention Doc coming back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we'd still be stuck with terry too. no thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, man....that would be a deep team.  Green would be getting a lot more minutes (witness last year) so I don't agree that Pierce would get the bulk of the minutes.  Same for Olynyk who would do well as a sub.  I question him as a starter or as a key star in any playoff run but man, to give KG a rest and to come in with his skills as a backup - it would be great.

Doc played Green a lot last year and played Sully a lot.  I think we would have seen these guys all get major minutes:   KG, Green, Rondo, Pierce, Sully, Olynyk, Bradley, Terry, Bass.   The others would be sitting a lot but's a darn strong lineup.

Danny may have done the right thing to pick up a lot of draft choices - I'm not debating the benefit of those moves.  But, you also have to admit he did give up a pretty good team when he made the trade.  Pierce and KG would finally have some quality guys doing real minutes as Doc showed with Green, Sully, and I bet he would have done that also with Olynyk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

True dat. Could not have said it better myself.

Pud

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Yeah, it was time to move on.

Coming season should be fun!

Just a matter of having realistic expectations.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

KO and KG would be too similar. You can't win with no inside presence and a stretch 4 AND stretch 5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What could have been if Len Bias didn't die.

I say at least two more titles.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

What could have been if Len Bias didn't die.

And we drafted Kobe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

KO and KG would be too similar. You can't win with no inside presence and a stretch 4 AND stretch 5

You just described the Miami Heat.