What did you think of the refs last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What did you think of the refs last night?

They were not invisible at all. ( which should be their goal)

Instead they were adding fuel to the fire with their bickering and invading our huddle?!

No calls on Rondo to get back at him for argueing with them. No calls in general to punish Doc for him insisting they do their job correctly.

Most of these refs are ego-maniacs and it's destroying the game more than anything else.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: What did you think of the refs last night?

In Response to Re: What did you think of the refs last night?:
    That's why Celtic fans get a bad rap, because of threads like this. I mean every time we lose the refs always had a hand in it? Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Who said it was why we lost? I'm just disgusted with any game where the refs don't do their jobs well and , even worse, get emotionally involved and compromise their impartiality.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What did you think of the refs last night? : I'm not saying you blame the loss on the refs. What I said was every time we lose there's always these threads about the refs. Refs get emotionally involved? Of course! They're human beings with feelings. Just because they're refs it doesn't mean they must not feel anything. Cut them some slack.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Did you see Doc telling the ref to get out of their huddle? I was expecting him to get a tech. They followed it up however with a delay of game. Sooo transparent and corrupt!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There were a few calls in the first half that were just terrible, but this Celtics team wouldn't win even with the benefit of more calls.  Example:  Rose literally ran into Noah and Rondo got called for the foul.  If basketball fans don't see that as a problem with the refs, then they just haven't been watching this league for long. 

This is the worst iteration of the Boston Celtics in a long, long time.  There's nothing here for this season. Thankfully it's shortened; this team will not make the playoffs.  At least not like this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

How about Rose bowling over Pierce?! Horrible.

Rondo charging Rose was a joke too. Just more referee revenge.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What did you think of the refs last night? : You can always choose not to watch the games.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Or you can fight for a better product...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

That's why Celtic fans get a bad rap, because of threads like this. I mean every time we lose the refs always had a hand in it? Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

You are 100% correct, but DaCeltics is not one who usually blames the Refs, to his credit!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are blaming the refs more and more because we can't make up for their mistakes.  We stink.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We are blaming the refs more and more because we can't make up for their mistakes.  We stink.
    Posted by concord27

True.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

How about Rose bowling over Pierce?! Horrible. Rondo charging Rose was a joke too. Just more referee revenge.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Rose is the reigning MVP.  He and all of the other elite players will always get the favorable calls, even if they aren't the correct outcome. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Hey, here's a new one it's the refs fault. Only seen the refs blamed 6 times so far....funny that.

Ugh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Whatever way we look at it, the reality is that their wins have come against teams with a combined record of 4-27.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Reffing good or bad was irrelevant last night. When you only show up for 1 1/2 quarters you don't deserve to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

You are both right
    Refs are not the reason we stink right now, we stink because we stink - NO excuses.
    But, as a former ref, I can tell you that I was taught the following - "you know you've done a good job when a coach tells you he didn't even know you were there."  They ARE supposed to be invisible, and they are NOT supposed to  be emotional at all.  "A foul is a foul is a foul."
    I did not see the game last night - I had my own - and it's 3 hours earlier, so I cannot comment on the officiating...........but the ones I had were absolutely terrible!!  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

This was by far the best game officiated in years. My hats off to these great refs who put all partisanship aside and just officiate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

THEY WERE IN GAME CONDITION...MORE THAN CAN 

BE SAID ABOUT THE CELTICS...... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Whatever way we look at it, the reality is that their wins have come against teams with a combined record of 4-27.
    Posted by soups

Depressing aint it. Still, we have the best player on the planet and our starting 5 still hasn't lost a series.

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: What did you think of the refs last night? : Depressing aint it. Still, we have the best player on the planet and our starting 5 still hasn't lost a series.
    Posted by null

Shirley, you jest.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

All refs make bad calls. They are human beings like us all. The Celtics played well for a quarter in a half against a top team. That's not good enough. They deserved to lose.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to What did you think of the refs last night?:
    They were not invisible at all. ( which should be their goal) Instead they were adding fuel to the fire with their bickering and invading our huddle?! No calls on Rondo to get back at him for argueing with them. No calls in general to punish Doc for him insisting they do their job correctly. Most of these refs are ego-maniacs and it's destroying the game more than anything else.
    Posted by DaCeltics

of course the refs are terrible but it can't be the only reason we lose because the bad calls go both way. if we keep playing the way we're playing it doesn't matter if the refs gets every call right, we'll still lose.

Sections
Shortcuts