What do these Celtics need to do to be better players?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What do these Celtics need to do to be better players?

Bradley- pick n roll game decision making (shoot or drive or pass KNOW WHEN AND WHAT IS BEST)

Get your free throws and free throw % up

Develop a floater (had too many bad drives for layups blocked or hitting under the rim)

(Joe Dumars is my role model for him. Joe didn't take threes on their championship teams. He got to the line where he shot 90%. He also didn't avg 14ppg or more until he was 24. Bradley is 22 and had 9ppg last year? He's on pace)

Jeff Green- Continue to grow ballz

You can impose you're will on any game, you just don't always believe it. Don't worry, who cares, ball hard. You got to pay the cost to be the boss! You need to take every matchup as a personal insult and destroy him! NO MR. NICE GUY! And box out hard. That's all I have to say.You got everything! Just perfect those skills you already have so that you have moves you're extremely confident in. Post up smalls, take bigs out on the perimeter.

Rondo- Don't overheat. Easier said than done. Take all you're frustration out on the OPPOSITION not the refs (they will get you back) or your team (Fans will notice and hate you for dissing players and management) Predetermine that its not worth it for ANY reason. Go to your happy place. Lol

Seriously, anger management is your biggest obstacle. Your rep there ultimately affects your future earnings.

Sullinger- You need to pattern your game after Elton Brand as best you can. Beat taller players off the dribble for floaters and shoot the lights out from the elbow when open. Develop a reliable turnaround baseline jumper and up and under counter move to draw fouls. Fake turnaround step through hook shot off the glass might be a good move for you against 7 footers.

Lee- Keep shooting till you get it right!

That's it for now. I will have to get more familiar with the other guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: What do these Celtics need to do to be better players?

DaCeltics,

What about Bass?

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Bradley - ball handling, spot up shooting consistency...he will never be an off-the-dribble type

Bass - develop a scoring move for situations when he puts the ball on the floor...he gets stuffed/turns it over more often that not...he does it to attempt to draw fouls to utilize his great FT%, but he never actually makes the basket

Lee - Agreed...keep shooting. I know you're better than what we saw last season

Jeff - Sharpen up your ball handling and creating your own shots...be confident! You are option #1!

Rondo - FTs!!!!!!!!!!!!! His mid-range game has improved to the point where its an asset, but the FTs are killer. Drive to the hoop, get fouled, and make them pay by sinking 2 from the stripe. At least get to 75%...

Sully - Lose 10-15 lbs to maximize athleticism. He should be 250-260, not 270-280. Agreed on developing the post moves though. Right now he is only capable of putbacks and spot up jumpers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

agree on everything written on this thread.

I gotta say..i was wwww.

I was wrrrr.......

I was wroooo

I was WRONG about Green!

I have said in the past that he was a soft player and would never be "the guy" in the NBA.

but he proved me wrong in the playoffs last year. I hope he continues that ride all next year to become the elite player that many ( including Ainge I think) believe he can be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sinus, I like the way Bass plays hard and I think he has maximized his ability. Muscular guys usually are not very fluid post operators. They're power move guys and Bass does that. He could use a hook. I just dont think he has the coordination for it. All of his moves are with both hands on the ball. I'm satisfied with Brandon. He's the best he can be  IMO. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Good points Archer. I think Bradley lacks Rondos coordination skill to be an excellent penetrator too, but I think he can be a good one off of picks. Hes not breaking anyone down one on one. Not even a center. He needs to know what he's NOT good at and strictly stay away from it. Scoring efficiency makes good players and teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

To be effective Bradley needs to be in motion, not dribbling.  I say give up on him playing the 1 on a regular basis.

i hope someone is working hard with Crawford.  He the guy who has all the skills.  If he gets his mind right he can be a real point.  Always a score first point, but those are fashionable.  

I think they would rather trade for a real point, but if there continues to be no interest in our twos,  Crawford and lee are what we have until rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I expect Lee to get into the .400's with his 3 point shooting percentage. I expect Sully's PPG to increase substantially. He was getting 5-10 ppg off of scraps with bench units. Without KG & PP, I think Sully could realistically average 12-15 PPG if he's played at least 25 mpg. That would be along with ~10 RPG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

And of course, Rondo is perfect the way he is. So for him, just maintain the GOAT status.

:)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

They are off to a great start. They got rid of Doc! One of the best moves they have ever made. Poor Clippers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

They are off to a great start. They got rid of Doc! One of the best moves they have ever made. Poor Clippers.

Come on, even if you don't like doc, this is quite a stretch. If you are a fan since 58 you should remember the days of Pitino . On top: Doc gave as a title. A great franchise should also give some respect to former player/coaches who made them relevant again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Exactly what I was thinking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

[QUOTE]

ML Carr was even worse. Let's not forget the Jimmy Rogers days either.

Come on, even if you don't like doc, this is quite a stretch. If you are a fan since 58 you should remember the days of Pitino . On top: Doc gave as a title. A great franchise should also give some respect to former player/coaches who made them relevant again.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc was not the right coach for the current team.  He would have been disasterous with the young guys and less patient with Rondo.  So we were fortuneate that we got rid of him and got a first round pick and a better coach in the process.

Interesting point if Sully lost weight and improved his speed, vertical and athleticsm. That would be at the expense of using his big body to compensate for his undersized underneath.

Green needs to maintain his intensity all game, every game.

Bradley needs to develop a reliable outside shot.

Speaking of which, IF Rondo developed his outside shot and improved his free throw %, facilitated better ball movement, and matured as a decision maker and team leader, he would be an elite level PG and worth keeping. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Exactly ... with that squad he got "A" Title!!!   A title as in ONE TITLE ... Are you kidding me?!?! 

He's got three HOF's and Rondo and he can only manage ONE frigin title!?!?!?!

He didn't use his bench well if at all ... taught/prepared the bench guys for NOTHING!!!

The only thing Doc accelled at was drawing up last minute plays ... I'll give him that but not much more .... PERIOD!!!!

From your reaction it is pretty clear that you are not objective, but your emotions taking over. Why does this topic (doc) get you so nuts? 

Doc had 3 HOF players and Rondo, you are right, but:

1) Rondo was a late first rounder. He was not even a major factor of this title run. To be clear: We did not win a title because of Rondo. If anything then Doc deserves praise for devloping a late first rounder.

2)None of this HOF players was in his prime.

3)When Doc had the favorite team, and the best RS record, he delivered. Miami and Spoelstra did not win in their first year, even with the best player in the game. The Bulls and Thibs didn't make it to the finals with the best RS record.

4)If KG didn't go down we might have 2 or 3 titles.

5)We have not been the favorite after the year KG went down. As a consequence, none of the experts thought we had the best team. Which means, we never underachieved.

Again, I'm not saying Doc is a great coach. But when a longtime Cs fan tells getting rid of him is the best move ever, this is pure nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts