What do we do with Baby this summer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Re: What do we do with Baby this summer?

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer?:
    In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Don't hold your breath........he may admit you are right.  He may admit someone else gave him bad intell, he may admit eveyone is a moron except him, but he will NEVER admit he was wrong.  You are dealing with a man who erroneously reported a deal between DEN and NYK was "consummated".  You're talking to a guy who doesn't want Green, Murphy, TMac, Posey or Battier.  He would rather the Celtics do nothing, limp into the playoffs and proceed just like last year. Next, he'll tell YOU you have a low BB IQ!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Heddy,
    As I told you I dont work for the post. Just throwing out what they reported.
    I don't think the C's limped over the Bulls, Cavs or Magic and gave the Lakers everything they could handle for 7 games. Yes, I would take the exact same as last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Don't hold your breath........he may admit you are right.  He may admit someone else gave him bad intell, he may admit eveyone is a moron except him, but he will NEVER admit he was wrong.  You are dealing with a man who erroneously reported a deal between DEN and NYK was "consummated".  You're talking to a guy who doesn't want Green, Murphy, TMac, Posey or Battier.  He would rather the Celtics do nothing, limp into the playoffs and proceed just like last year. Next, he'll tell YOU you have a low BB IQ!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Heddy,

You also seem confused by the term consummate...here is the definition, so get your mind out of the gutter.
    con·sum·mate (kns-mt)
    tr.v. con·sum·mat·ed, con·sum·mat·ing, con·sum·mates
    a. To bring to completion or fruition; conclude: consummate a business transaction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Heddy, You also seem confused by the term consummate...here is the definition, so get your mind out of the gutter. con·sum·mate   (k n s -m t ) tr.v. con·sum·mat·ed , con·sum·mat·ing , con·sum·mates 1. a. To bring to completion or fruition; conclude: consummate a business transaction.
    Posted by ronk1

Who am I talking to here?  Which one of your personalities?  I never quoted you as saying the Celtics limped against the Bulls etc.  I quoted you as saying they limped INTO the playoffs last year, then turned it on.

Nice try, but I do know what consummate means - do YOU?
    "The Nuggets and Nets have "consummated" a deal for Carmelo Anthony.

Say WHAT??  Last time I checked, he went to the KNICKS - how did the NETS consummate anything?

Is this what you call going away?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Heddy, As I told you I dont work for the post. Just throwing out what they reported. I don't think the C's limped over the Bulls, Cavs or Magic and gave the Lakers everything they could handle for 7 games. Yes, I would take the exact same as last year.
    Posted by ronk1

And I told you - I didn't invent any of the rumors, I just commented on them.........fail to see how that is ANY different than what you did!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Evidence: 1. LA won't have the cap space. So only if they swap Bynum for Howard in a trade would that work. 2. The teammates the Celtics have to put around Howard will be FAR better than the Magic. He'd be in the LeBron situation. Magic are hopeless. A top 5 team in the East for 5 years with no shot at a title. Obviously the Magic could makes moves, but they'd prob be the type of lateral no major upside moves Cleve was making to try and keep LeBron. Arenas, Turk, Redick, Nelson, Duhon and Q Rich are all under contract for 2013 @ 51 million. Good luck with that trash heap. Compare that to Rondo, Green and Pierce w/ Ray and KG ready to come back on the cheap, Avery & a Clippers pick in the teens and possibly whatever we get for BBD sign & trade. Best evidence for Howard not being a possibility is if the CBA included an NFL like franchise tag
    Posted by rameakap

"Pierce w/ Ray and KG ready to come back on the cheap......."

You think?

Right....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : "Pierce w/ Ray and KG ready to come back on the cheap......." You think? Right....
    Posted by basketbert

I hope

but DA has to be thinking that is the play

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Don't hold your breath........he may admit you are right.  He may admit someone else gave him bad intell, he may admit eveyone is a moron except him, but he will NEVER admit he was wrong.  You are dealing with a man who erroneously reported a deal between DEN and NJN was "consummated".  You're talking to a guy who doesn't want Green, Murphy, TMac, Posey or Battier.  He would rather the Celtics do nothing, limp into the playoffs and proceed just like last year. Next, he'll tell YOU you have a low BB IQ!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

so rkarp and ronk1 are the same poster?

Well karp seemed respectful enough.

But he clearly couldn't understand that moving a top 5 pick 24 yr old talent from a situation where he played out of position with a 30ppg SF and a 20ppg PG dominating the ball to his natural comfortable spot with a 12 assist PG beside him wouldn't bring out the 'borderline' all-star 3rd best guy on a contender vanilla at best praise I was giving Green.

I called him Cliff Robinson and Xavier McDaniel for crying out loud and he said we must be watching different players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

lets not go over board here. Green is nice. He is the best player moved in the deal. But he does have a questionable shot and a low basketball IQ. He defered to his more accomplished team mates on OKC, but if he is running with the Celts 2nd unit, he needs to be more assertive on the offensive end. Green is good defensively, as a #3. As a #4 he has been over matched.
    Posted by rkarp

Where'd you get this low basketball IQ idea.  The guy has tremendously high basketball IQ as noted by his coaches in both college and pro.  Green is a good overall player.  His only weakness is that he too often defers to others (not always aggressive enough).  But, he does the little things that others won't do.

As for signing Baby, let's deal with that after the playoffs and after we see who's most valuable to the team.  Through 3/4 of the season, he is a top 3 candidate for 6th man of the year.  Stands in for PF and Center, makes critical plays (and did it last year and the year before).   The guy is not a pretty player, but very effective.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

From what I heard on channel 5 news was that one of the reasons they didn't re-sign Perk was that he wanted too much money and they wanted to be able to re-sign Baby.  So Baby will re-sign so long as he doesn't want more than the Celtics are willing to pay.  They value Davis more than Perk, at least that's what the reporter said.
    Posted by cpjohn1

with the current 58 million slary cap you can give Baby 5/35 and Green 5/47.5 (or 5/30 and 5/50, etc.) and have the cap room to get Howard.

If cap was 60 you can give Baby/Green a million more per year... if it is 56 a million less.

That is how it plays out if you want to have space for a max player. Of course you want them both... but the CBA and players personal demands/offers from others will determine if that is possible.

since Green is better, and restricted (meaning we can match any offer) I see us as having to keep him over Baby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agreed, Rameakap.  Good post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Agreed, Rameakap.  Good post.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

thanks, I love Baby too... but if you can only keep 1...

Summer 2012 Howard will look at Green and see a 20 point scorer who runs with Rondo on breaks and stays out of his way shooting J's or using a pick and slashing above the rim in the halfcourt.

He'd look at Baby and see a 14 point scorer who operates a lot in the paint and 'his' area... and also be reminded of the playoff battles they had and the quotes where Baby said he knows how to defend howard and that Howard hasn't improved much since they played against e/o in AAU ball...

just saying..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Celts can't keep Baby this summer the fans would be saying, "I know what you did last summer." And if that's not enough and the Celts end up losing both Green and Baby then the fans would be saying, "I still know what you did last summer."

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: What do we do with Baby this summer? : Where'd you get this low basketball IQ idea.  The guy has tremendously high basketball IQ as noted by his coaches in both college and pro.  Green is a good overall player.  His only weakness is that he too often defers to others (not always aggressive enough).  But, he does the little things that others won't do. As for signing Baby, let's deal with that after the playoffs and after we see who's most valuable to the team.  Through 3/4 of the season, he is a top 3 candidate for 6th man of the year.  Stands in for PF and Center, makes critical plays (and did it last year and the year before).   The guy is not a pretty player, but very effective.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Celt4,
    Watch the following when Green plays:
    1) How many times does he miss the obvious pass to make?
    2) How many open shots does he pass up?
    3) How often is he not switching on screen and roll?
    I am not saying the guy is Nate dumb decesion level, but you don't want the ball in his hands while the game is on the line. 
    As I said before, regardless of what people say about him, watch his game. Then decide what you think about his BB IQ. (granted, at Gtown his game was totally different than it is now)
    As I also said before, Presti is no slouch. He had numerous opportunities to sign Green. He didn't, and he traded him for a 27 yr old center who has reached his ceiling, has had a major knee event, and is a free agent. He has KD at the max and Westbrook soon to be at the max. Do you think he is going to resign Perk?
    Let's give it 15 games and get back on the topic if he is a go forward player for the Celts (I am not sure), and if he is better than BBD (I don't think he is) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

celts are in great cap shape now with new cba coming up. if baby wants more than 5per or what perk was offered, i would rather pay green 8 per beyond next year and get someone else. so much easier to find a perk/baby type that a green! just go out there and bang for a rebound, play some defense.. offense is a luxury with our lineup now... what is shelden williams up to after this year? leon powe? remember how rhat debate used to be around here, baby or powe? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

lets not go over board here. Green is nice. He is the best player moved in the deal. But he does have a questionable shot and a low basketball IQ. He defered to his more accomplished team mates on OKC, but if he is running with the Celts 2nd unit, he needs to be more assertive on the offensive end. Green is good defensively, as a #3. As a #4 he has been over matched.
    Posted by rkarp

count Gary Washburn and NBA SCOUTS among those now disputing this 100% WRONG 'low IQ' claim, as well as the 'questionable shot' in other parts of the article..

“He has a really good understanding of the game of basketball, his IQ is very good,’’ one Eastern Conference scout said of Green. “And when Jeff is on, he and his team can beat anybody, anywhere, on any given night. Jeff can switch and guard 3’s with no problem. The negative with him is he is not really consistent and it drives you crazy. I see his upside, my deal is his consistency. But he’s talented. He’s really talented.’’

Sections
Shortcuts