What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play?

YOu want to dump Jermaine?  He can't do the job.  He has no lift.  He is out of shape.

Jermiane is getting  5.2 points  --  5.5 rebounds  --  1.48 blocks  --  he stinks.

Perkins is in shape.  He is GREAT!  He is the MAN!

Perk is getting 4.6  points  --  5.4 rebounds  --  1.12 blocks  --  he is terrific.

Is there something wrong with this picture?  Surprised

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play?

In Response to What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play?:
    [QUOTE]YOu want to dump Jermaine?  He can't do the job.  He has no lift.  He is out of shape. Jermiane is getting  5.2 points  --  5.5 rebounds  --  1.48 blocks  --  he stinks. Perkins is in shape.  He is GREAT!  He is the MAN! Perk is getting 4.6  points  --  5.4 rebounds  --  1.12 blocks  --  he is terrific. Is there something wrong with this picture? 
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Difference between these two, Perkins is willing to go into foul trouble while JO rarely do.  Also we need to look at the stats who play better defense!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perkins is hardly that impressive but JON should be deep on the bench.  He is an 8th or 9th man at best.  Good opponents regularly exploit and destroy him and he puts up those meaningless stats you point out.  JON plays over twenty minutes the Celtics usually lose.  I wish and hope he will be traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It was obviously the right move to let Perkins go.  He is way overpaid.  that does not negate the fact that JO is horrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play?:
    [QUOTE]Perkins is hardly that impressive but JON should be deep on the bench.  He is an 8th or 9th man at best.  Good opponents regularly exploit and destroy him and he puts up those meaningless stats you point out.  JON plays over twenty minutes the Celtics usually lose.  I wish and hope he will be traded.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

This is just so off the mark.  The fans are having such a difficult time accepting the decline in the Celts Big3 that they are attacking others.

JO today is better for the Celts than Perk ever was.  Was Perk ever able to stop Bynum 1-on-1?  Bynum was a non factor 1-on-1 yesterday.  Watch JO's rotations on defense.  He is the first to rotate by design.  That is because he is really really good at it.  He is the guy that can take a charge and block the shot.  If that is the design then the rebounding burden falls on KG and Pierce.  Regrading scoring, there is no room for him to score in Doc's system given the other scorers that he is playing with.

The real issue here is the man defending Rondo.  Because of Rondo's lack of shooting, that man is clogging up the paint forcing the Celts to be jump shooters.  The Celts, the way they are constituted have two problems:

1)  If they trade Rondo their offense will get bogged down because they don't have anybody that will be an adequate point guard.  Ray Allen needs the ball with perfect timing to be the lethal shooter that he is.  Yesterday, Paul hesitated to make that pass on the final play of regulation and blew the play.
    2)  Bass, for all his shooting ability, is a limited player.  He is not that good defensively and he can only score on open jumpers.

Given that Bass is playing a lot of minutes, an upgrade at that position will significantly improve the team.  That is the best option to maximize the Celts.  That is where I am still advocating the JJJ experiment.  JJJ may lack some familiarity with the flow but he is more versatile than Bass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Everyone sees what they want to see. JON is involved in plays where he makes a block or takes a charge and then immediately negates it with stupid fouls or as he did at the end of the game letting Bynum score. 

He literally has forgotten how to shoot. He can be wide open from eight to ten feet and miss shots at will.  He moves so slowly sometimes especially laterally he seems to be in slow motion.  Above all he cannot be counted on to do anything at a given time and seems to operate randomly, in one play out of the next two.

No insult to your good defense but he is a liability most of the time.

The big three have definitely slowed down but no one is slower than JON. He should not be playing more than five to ten minutes a game. It is a joke he is making six million.  I wish him well somewhere else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Perkins is hardly that impressive but JON should be deep on the bench.  He is an 8th or 9th man at best.  Good opponents regularly exploit and destroy him and he puts up those meaningless stats you point out.  JON plays over twenty minutes the Celtics usually lose.  I wish and hope he will be traded.
    Snakeoil who is your avatar?  I can't place the player.  He is very imposing, I figured I should know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

We have two cripples at center. Hsn't DOC noticed we have somebody on the bench that can block shots, play defence and score a bit? Oh, excuse me, he is a rookie and needs to be on the bench. HA HA. Try using him, Stiemsma again.

And we have a tall athletic forward that can score and block shots. Oh, excuse me, he is a rookie and needs to be on the bench. HA HA. Guess who?

HELP US!!!! Trade DOC or put him on the bench so he can't coach. HA HA He can't coach anyway. Just put him in the closet or trade him.

Who would really want him????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Jermaine is completly under rated defensivley, and has become the scapegoat for the celtics decline, but trading perkins is still the single worst move in the celtics franchise history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Jermaine is completly under rated defensivley, and has become the scapegoat for the celtics decline, but trading perkins is still the single worst move in the celtics franchise history.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]
    He can play 5 to 10 minutes effectively, he is more brittle than a 65 year old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play? : Snakeoil who is your avatar?  I can't place the player.  He is very imposing, I figured I should know.

It's Byron Houston.  Believe it or not I know him personally.  A very nice but very troubled dude. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play? : It's Byron Houston.  Believe it or not I know him personally.  A very nice but very troubled dude. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    I do remember, a very tough guy as I remember.  I am going to go look him up.
    Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play? : I do remember, a very tough guy as I remember.  I am going to go look him up. Thanks.
    Just looked him up very troubled indeed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do yoou mean that O'Neil can't play? : Just looked him up very troubled indeed. 

Indeed.  He is penniless and living off friends now. But as I said I've known him a long time.