what does it mean that jeffrey green has atleast 17 points in 6 straig games for 1st time in career?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

what does it mean that jeffrey green has atleast 17 points in 6 straig games for 1st time in career?

mo and mo jeff is playin like a keeper as is hump. not a 1 but a solid #2/3. consistency has been da issue. seems dat with rondo around, thats possible. aingy has complexity. if u keep rr, keep hump and jg. let rr go, no need for jg!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: what does it mean that jeffrey green has atleast 17 points in 6 straig games for 1st time in career?

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

mo and mo jeff is playin like a keeper as is hump. not a 1 but a solid #2/3. consistency has been da issue. eem dat with rondo around, that poible. aingy ha complexiy. if u keep rr, keep hump and jg. let rr go, no need for jg!

[/QUOTE]

sorry i dont speak that language, then again I'm not coked up either.

anyways, obviously Green's inconsistency as been the biggest issue.

he could be an all-star with the talent but he isnt. that should say it all... let him go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: what does it mean that jeffrey green has atleast 17 points in 6 straig games for 1st time in career?

It means he STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

mo and mo jeff is playin like a keeper as is hump. not a 1 but a solid #2/3. consistency has been da issue. eem dat with rondo around, that poible. aingy ha complexiy. if u keep rr, keep hump and jg. let rr go, no need for jg!

[/QUOTE]

sorry i dont speak that language, then again I'm not coked up either.

anyways, obviously Green's inconsistency as been the biggest issue.

he could be an all-star with the talent but he isnt. that should say it all... let him go

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha

CC the board's biggest jabro is definitely all sorts of coked up.

I mean his TITLE thread can't put a space between atleast and forgot the 'ht' at the end of straight. WOW!

What a jabroni!

mo, mo, da, eem, dat, poible, aingey, complexiy.... must be some great drugs Commie... just keep your garbage off the board.

The racist trash you posted over on the Pats board about Moss's daughter and Florida being 'Hernandez U' is just more proof of what an ignorant piece of dirt you are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means he STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[/QUOTE]

X2 but he plays well every third game so watch out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

it means that the only thing that motivates him is the chance to ruin the future of the franchise at a critical junction.

SOMEBODY GET THAT MAN A PHILLY BLUNT, STAT!!! AND MAKE SURE HE FINISHES one before every game. then we can all sit back and relax, including Jeffrey, who can go back to co' chillin' on the weak siiiiide.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

[QUOTE]

mo and mo jeff is playin like a keeper as is hump. not a 1 but a solid #2/3. consistency has been da issue. seems dat with rondo around, thats possible. aingy has complexity. if u keep rr, keep hump and jg. let rr go, no need for jg!

[/QUOTE]

It means we watch the next several games and the data will tell us if this was a fluke streak or indicates a positive trend. It certainly seems worth watching. So many of us forget, including myself sometimes, how much the value of a player is based upon his teammates. If the Celtics could acquire a true go to guy in free agency, I guarantee you that Green's play would be elevated and more highly valued. He will never be the next Paul Pierce, but then we all appreciated PP even more during the KG, RA years. Sure he was incredibly talented before 2007 but there were few team situations in which it mattered much, save for one deep playoff run. Sometimes the overanalysis of players as isolated individuals is relatively meaningless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

It means he is even more inconsistent than I thought. Its such a lame streak too. It shouldnt even qualify as an achievement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means he is even more inconsistent than I thought. Its such a lame streak too. It shouldnt even qualify as an achievement.

[/QUOTE]

if green can't average 23 a game on this crapola team then he's worth next to nothing on a good team.  after all, he threw in an easy 16 a night on a team that featured shot machines westbrook and durant.  exactly what he's doing for the c's right now does not pass for basketball, just disinterested fiddling around

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if green can't average 23 a game on this crapola team then he's worth next to nothing on a good team.  after all, he threw in an easy 16 a night on a team that featured shot machines westbrook and durant.  exactly what he's doing for the c's right now does not pass for basketball, just disinterested fiddling around

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 MILLION!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Idk about 23 ppg, thats more than paul george avgs. He should be a 20ppg scorer tho. he def has the talent, he can score inside and outside, mid range , post. The guy has a very diverse offensive repetoire, (an improved handle and left hand would help) he just doesnt have the scorers mentality. It doesnt make him a bad player just not a #1 or 2 scoring option.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YUP....If he can't average 23 a night, he's nothing.   Guess that means every single player on this team, from Sully to Rondo to Bass to Bradley to everyone else is worth next to nothing.   Wow, what fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YUP....If he can't average 23 a night, he's nothing.   Guess that means every single player on this team, from Sully to Rondo to Bass to Bradley to everyone else is worth next to nothing.   Wow, what fans.

[/QUOTE]

no, simpleton.  if you can't take players and know what to expect out of them on a team then you know nothing about basketball.  for example- everyone expected dennis hopson to contribute meaningfully to the bulls.  he had a dandy year of 15ppg for the stinko kings the year before.  however, hopson, when put onto a good team, stunk the joint up.

what i'm looking for is the REVERSE DENNIS HOPSON EFFECT with jeff green- if he could average 16 on an okie team with black holes durant and westbrook then on this team with NO REALLY GOOD OFFENSIVE PLAYERS (he's the whole show any time he wants to be), green should average at least 23 if he's worth having/keeping for when the team gets good again.

when this team was good, green averaged 10 points a game, a 37% reduction over his previous play of 16ppg on a good team when he was with OKC

i realize that comparing stats like this may be far beyond your mental capabilities, but fans who are actually fans and strive to know what's going on with the team do run through these machinations when evaluating talent.

instead, your ridiculous response is that i think everyone averaging less than 23 a game on the celts is a failure......................????   Surprised

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Acie, I "think" I see your point.  Green averaging 17 ppg on THIS TEAM (of limited offensive options), to me, is an underachievement.  Forget the guy's lack of a scorer's mentality, the false illusion that he gets doubled every time he touches the ball (which he doesn't), 17 ppg on this team is unacceptable.

On the other hand, if he can average 16.5 ppg on a team like OKC (of excess offensive options in Durant, Westbrook and Harden), now THAT'S doing something.  Or is it?  He was able to score 16.5 ppg because nobody paid attention to him at OKC because they were paying to much attention to Durant, Westbrook and Harden.  He obviously did not have as "green a light" there as he currently has in Boston but he's scoring basically at the same clip.  He also did not garner the opponent's attention there that he's getting here in Boston.

To me, I just don't think Green is that talented or basketball IQ smart.  I don't think he can shoot that consistently.  I consider him a streaky shooter who frequently has terrible shot selection.  He all too often settles for horrible perimeter shots and seems too lazy to attack a mismatch.  He bails out defenses too often by standing on the perimeter palming the ball in his right hand as everyone in the building knows he's going right to take a long perimeter jumper.

He doesn't rebound or assist on any level that would take his game to the next level.  I don't think he's useless but he's just not that good of a player to expect much more from him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Acie, I "think" I see your point.  Green averaging 17 ppg on THIS TEAM (of limited offensive options), to me, is an underachievement.  Forget the guy's lack of a scorer's mentality, the false illusion that he gets doubled every time he touches the ball (which he doesn't), 17 ppg on this team is unacceptable.

On the other hand, if he can average 16.5 ppg on a team like OKC (of excess offensive options in Durant, Westbrook and Harden), now THAT'S doing something.  Or is it?  He was able to score 16.5 ppg because nobody paid attention to him at OKC because they were paying to much attention to Durant, Westbrook and Harden.  He obviously did not have as "green a light" there as he currently has in Boston but he's scoring basically at the same clip.  He also did not garner the opponent's attention there that he's getting here in Boston.

To me, I just don't think Green is that talented or basketball IQ smart.  I don't think he can shoot that consistently.  I consider him a streaky shooter who frequently has terrible shot selection.  He all too often settles for horrible perimeter shots and seems too lazy to attack a mismatch.  He bails out defenses too often by standing on the perimeter palming the ball in his right hand as everyone in the building knows he's going right to take a long perimeter jumper.

He doesn't rebound or assist on any level that would take his game to the next level.  I don't think he's useless but he's just not that good of a player to expect much more from him.

[/QUOTE]

yes.  if green was worth keeping then he would be able to elevate his game on this team.  instead he only elevates his game sporadically with no increase in rebounding worth mentioning, no tangible improvements in any efficiencies, no improvements overall.  just willy nilly catch as catch can.

i remember some people claiming that green was being held back in OKC because of durant and westbrook.  okay jeffy, here's your chance to run wild!!!  and what we get is the same crap, arguably less intensity than on OKC.  and no more numbers output. 

to call this guy a disappointment is an insult to a lot of decent upstanding disappointments out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think I can argue against your point.

I was one who thought he'd just take off with the freedom he'd be afforded with PP and KG gone.  I was so wrong.

It's pretty sad that he's never scored 17 points in 6 straight games.  But then again, since I've seen him extensively for almost a year now, I see why he hasn't.  It's just not in him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

I was one who thought he'd just take off with the freedom he'd be afforded with PP and KG gone.  I was so wrong.

It's pretty sad that he's never scored 17 points in 6 straight games.  But then again, since I've seen him extensively for almost a year now, I see why he hasn't.  It's just not in him.

[/QUOTE]

he appears to be the second coming of curtis rowe only with more ability that results in accidental 30 point nights ever now and then

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he appears to be the second coming of curtis rowe only with more ability that results in accidental 30 point nights ever now and then

[/QUOTE]

Curtis Rowe would punch you in the neck if he heard you malign him that way. Rowe was a jerk and had a bad attitude.

Green doesn't care enough to be a jerk and have a bad attitude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Curtis Rowe would punch you in the neck if he heard you malign him that way. Rowe was a jerk and had a bad attitude.

[/QUOTE]

agreed- rowe less talented, more of a jerk and lazy.  green more talented, same lazy, but easygoing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed- rowe less talented, more of a jerk and lazy.  green more talented, same lazy, but easygoing

[/QUOTE]

Green probably thinks he is working hard. thats the sad part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Green probably thinks he is working hard. thats the sad part.

[/QUOTE]

LOL- oh my.   i guess we have another 2 years of him to go

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, there wont b a SEVENTH! just 4 points tonight, at home, with plenty of rest against a top team.. oh well.. celts need a melo, no? is he too mellow and yellow a fellow for the green?