What does Rondo do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What does Rondo do?

*please no Rondo hate, this isn't the thread for that *

Rondo has two seasons left under contract (same as KG btw). If Doc, KG, and Paul are gone in the next month or so, what does Rondo do?

I dont see much allegience to the rest of this group. He may want to follow Paul Pierce's legacy and try to win with one team. He may well be traded by Danny. But I think Rondo does have some say. I think Danny will ask Rondo if he wants to committ to the franchise and have a team built around him, or if he would walk.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Re: What does Rondo do?

The first year after an ACL surgery is a b***.  He will come back next year in February and slowly get back into shape.  Look at D Rose or R Rubio.  It takes time. 

He won't be traded until next summer.  The Schoders/Bledsoe rumors make sense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Yep, time for Rondo to go.

Rondo will not succeed in a rebuilding situation. Especially if Doc is not the coach.

I heard Bob Ryan last night speculating that Doc wants out because he would prefer not to deal with Rondo anymore. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Who will you build around then? Jeff Green?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You're all thinking about this wrong.

Think of the killer assist streak Rondo can go on without the burden of having to win the game!

(had to do it)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Whether Rondo is here or not next year really isn't the issue. Rondo is a decent player with a decent contract.

He isn't going to make a difference next year one way or the other.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Thinking about this more ...

This is really a slap in the face to Rondo. Doc, KG, and PP are basically saying they think they can win with CP in a tougher conference than Rondo in the weak east.

*SLAP*  //RONDO FACE

That chip on his shoulder is now a mortal wound.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Yep, time for Rondo to go.

Rondo will not succeed in a rebuilding situation. Especially if Doc is not the coach.

I heard Bob Ryan last night speculating that Doc wants out because he would prefer not to deal with Rondo anymore. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

You're all thinking about this wrong.

Think of the killer assist streak Rondo can go on without the burden of having to win the game!

(had to do it)

How can Rondo have killer assists when his new teammates will not make shots like Pierce and KG.

Remember, an assist only becomes an assist if the player getting the pass makes the shot. Without Pierce and KG, the Celts will have no shot makers.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for claifying that, Doc!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he'll love life down in hotlanta playing with his buddy Josh Smith!

thats after we trade him for Al Horford that is.

heck maybe Ferry can get Perkins to join them!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

my, my, how quickly the Rondo lovers and deniers are jumping ship.  Welcome to reality and a new brighter world without the over-rated petulent one. (I couldn't resist either).

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my, my, how quickly the Rondo lovers and deniers are jumping ship.  Welcome to reality and a new brighter world without the over-rated petulent one. (I couldn't resist either).

It's not jumping ship, it's what's best for the Celtics.

[/QUOTE]Hmmmmmmm..... Flip Flopping Fungus flushed out again... this time by eldunker.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The rebuild may not take as long as some may think. I wouldn't trade Rondo just to be trading him., he is an elete point guard and could be a very good 2nd best player. We need to pull a David Robinson with Rondo and sit him or at least not play him until after the all star break. The most important thing we need to do next year is get a top 5 pick in a loaded class.  If we can get Jordan and Bledsoe to go along with Rondo, Green , and Sully and if Danny can get a guy who can score, i would go for a shooting guard, we are well on our way back. If i were Ainge i would look to trade Bradley for a top 15 pick in the draft.  We may be getting Bledsoe to trade for a bigger guard who can score, i don't see much need for both Rondo and Bledsoe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

It is very interesting to me how fast the perceptions change.  So now Rondo is to be blamed for Doc bailing out.  Wow!

Just a short while back Millsap was plan A with the team coming back.  And now we find ourselves at this juncture.  I speculate that Danny and the owners have taken the rebuild route and once they committed to that, changes have become too drastic for Doc to swallow.  They will trade KG and possibly Paul Pierce.  They will delay Rondo's return.  They will invest in giving a lot more time to youngsters.  The new coach may be forced to give Fab Melo minutes.

I still doubt that Rondo gets traded.  If all this goes down, we are looking at a number of draft picks and a high draft pick next year.  Wiggins and Parker are both in next year draft.  Depending upon how the players develop and what the next year's pick turns out to be, the Celts will be looking to sign a free agent next year, before they have to re-up with Rondo and Green.  If the players don't develop, we may see Rondo getting traded.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

*please no Rondo hate, this isn't the thread for that *

Rondo has two seasons left under contract (same as KG btw). If Doc, KG, and Paul are gone in the next month or so, what does Rondo do?

I dont see much allegience to the rest of this group. He may want to follow Paul Pierce's legacy and try to win with one team. He may well be traded by Danny. But I think Rondo does have some say. I think Danny will ask Rondo if he wants to committ to the franchise and have a team built around him, or if he would walk.

Pack his bags! With his Daddy and big brother leaving, DA is gonna use Rajon to get some value before RR has to prove his health to be the same athlete he once was and his poor ability to lead a younger team. Hell, Rondo likely is the biggest reason DOC chose to not come back. He was gonna have to deal with his strange behind without the locker room police around to keep him in line anymore. ALL ABOARD!!! The 9-Train is a rollin' out!!!

Sections
Shortcuts