What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

In response to darrylfries' comment:

I live in the ATL baby! My friends call me "Mosi" after Mosi Tatupu, the former NE Patriot from way back when. You wouldn't have a chance, LIAR.......Good thing you can run to your hole, D-Fraud. Now then, lemme me know when you wanna get busy. Ilove the exercise! You so tough......

Good news I'm in Va  Atlanta is much closer than Boston. i'll been meaning to visit some of my friends there Mosi is my girlfriendslittle sisters name it wiil be easy to remember.  Btw Georgia isn't the only state that has rednecks   We have many in VA  

Perfect! I will be in D.C. in June! I work in a job that doesn't let me talk about it much. I just moved down here on assignment a year ago, but keep a plae in Clarendon right accross the street from Clarendon Station. I do have long hair, but I'm sure you won't confuse me as being little and definitely not a little girl. Damn.....If you only were brave enough!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Sample size.

Get it now?

I've always gotten it. That is why 5-games does not a sample make....Get it. However 27-does, therefore 16-11 speaks volumes when compared to 20-23. 12-to go, we shall see......

People kept saying 7 and 0, I said its a small sample size

and in the last 20 they are 9 and 11.

My point has already been proven.

Certainly 7-0 is not an adequate sample size of 82-games. But, when one chosses to manpulate the beginning and end of their sample size, the data gets manipulated and is self serving. So, again, the true sample size you think is fair seems to be 9 + 11 =20, so what did they do after their first 20 including that first 7? 16-4? Hmmmmmmm....7-0 cannot be considered independant from your sample arbitrarily if you want to be legit.

My point has already been proven which was " don't get too excited about 7 and 0, it's a small sample size"

I am not talking about the record, I am talking about the end result. People got excited during a small sample size, now over time people again realize that this team is pretty much what it was before.  a fringe playoff team.

that was my only point back then and it has been proven.

I'm still not sure what your point was, though. 7-0 is a streak just as 0-5 is. The team is 16-11 and likely in the playoffs. What isn't tfdccdccdcdc dc dcdfcasdcszdvc asrxzdkvc sfzxI live in Atlanta baby! I look like Mosi Tatupu's not so little brother. You wouldn't have a chance, goofey.......Good thing you can run to your hole, D. You have no idea.c sedfzxI live in Atlanta baby! I look like Mosi Tatupu's not so little brother. You wouldn't have a chance, goofey.......Good thing you can run to your hole, D. You have no idea. sdfzxvc dsfvxzc                  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

The team is better with Rondo. We had a blip where the team rallied, and played over their heads for a stretch, but lately teams have figured out pressuring Bradley leads to good things. 

Love the heart the team showed though. 

No, JTKL, the team has been playing without its true leader, KG, and without the other half of the dynamic defensive duo, C-Lee. That is all. Also, there is no real motivation to play into the 5 or 8 seedings which would put them into MIAMI's brackett. The team is still better without RR as long as we have KG, PP, C-Lee, AB and ? starting. Without the others I mention, I would agree that RR would help. AND, if I were you, I wouldn't start writing their obituary "
    Love the heart the team showed though" just yet either......

KG is the team's most important player always has been. But Rondo makes the team better.    I hope KG comes back. With a fully helathy Rndo, Jared Sullinger and Green, I think this team could do some damage. 

and the team finished 15-5 last year down the stretch with Rondo. 

Last year's results have nothing to do with this season or this present team. I don't know why you keep bringing last year's record up. FACT: Except for KG, PP, and RR, EVERYBODY is new (JG AND Chris W were out).  What most of them did last season was done with other teams. So, if what you say is true, the fact that they had been winning the second half of this season without RR is because of KG and PP, the only other guys who played for the C's last season. That means that RR had little to nothing to do with how they played in the second half last season, right? It was because KG and PP were healthy 2nd half last year. Now we are losing because of recent injuries and not because of RR's absence. Your argument keeps supporting my point. Don't you see that?  It is what it is, man. With a healthy KG, PP, AB, C-Lee, a JT who shoots close to what he should be, and a JG who stays aggressive, WE WILL COMPETE. 

So basically your point is the only rondo data you accept is from the small window of winning basketball  after the injury. Everything else you throw away as irrelevent.

Not the most scientifc. but some look where the data leads them and some make up their minds first and then look for data to support them. 

No, I absolutely also consider the 43-games before he got hurt. You remember, 20-23 outta the play-offs and sinking fast, data? In doing so, I'm examining the most current and relevant data. TREND DATA. This takes into consideration only the data built since the relevant period started. That would be since the first game of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Otherwise, if you try to combine trend data from the previous year, the team or player who did the best last season would ALWAYS be the one projected to be the most successful year after year regardless of any changing variables, such as those best players changing teams, or differnt players added or subtracted to/from the same team. That is why, as I am sure you will agree, this recent losing streak has nothing to do with Rondo's absence and everything to do with injuries to KG and LEE or them resting their players. We were 16-6 after 22-games without RR, but have lost 5 straight due to injuries/rest to KG/Lee. But are STILL 16-11 without RR. Thats .593 vs. .465 while he was playing. Despite the present losing streak, they are still playing almost .150pct pts higher. Those are the only numbers that matter JTKL, especailly since we are talking about THIS YEAR and not in terms of carreer. 

Oh and KG and Lee have not been out for the entire losing streak. That is just the last two games. 

WRONG AGAIN! KG missed 3, C-Lee missed the last 2. What is your point?

My point is the losing is hapening with KG as well as without. Although it is way to small a sample size. 0-5. So the only thing you have manged is This Year ONLY We have a marginally better record without ROndo thant we do with, that a NUMBER of factors could account for all of which you ignore in favor of your predetermined opinion that it is Rondo. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The team is better with Rondo. We had a blip where the team rallied, and played over their heads for a stretch, but lately teams have figured out pressuring Bradley leads to good things. 

No, JTKL, the team has been playing without its true leader, KG, and without the other half of the dynamic defensive duo, C-Lee. That is all. Also, there is no real motivation to play into the 5 or 8 seedings which would put them into MIAMI's brackett. The team is still better without RR as long as we have KG, PP, C-Lee, AB and ? starting. Without the others I mention, I would agree that RR would help. AND, if I were you, I wouldn't start writing their obituary "

KG is the team's most important player always has been. But Rondo makes the team better.    I hope KG comes back. With a fully helathy Rndo, Jared Sullinger and Green, I think this team could do some damage. 

Last year's results have nothing to do with this season or this present team. I don't know why you keep bringing last year's record up. FACT: Except for KG, PP, and RR, EVERYBODY is new (JG AND Chris W were out).  What most of them did last season was done with other teams. So, if what you say is true, the fact that they had been winning the second half of this season without RR is because of KG and PP, the only other guys who played for the C's last season. That means that RR had little to nothing to do with how they played in the second half last season, right? It was because KG and PP were healthy 2nd half last year. Now we are losing because of recent injuries and not because of RR's absence. Your argument keeps supporting my point. Don't you see that?  It is what it is, man. With a healthy KG, PP, AB, C-Lee, a JT who shoots close to what he should be, and a JG who stays aggressive, WE WILL COMPETE. 

So basically your point is the only rondo data you accept is from the small window of winning basketball  after the injury. Everything else you throw away as irrelevent.

Not the most scientifc. but some look where the data leads them and some make up their minds first and then look for data to support them. 

No, I absolutely also consider the 43-games before he got hurt. You remember, 20-23 outta the play-offs and sinking fast, data? In doing so, I'm examining the most current and relevant data. TREND DATA. This takes into consideration only the data built since the relevant period started. That would be since the first game of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Otherwise, if you try to combine trend data from the previous year, the team or player who did the best last season would ALWAYS be the one projected to be the most successful year after year regardless of any changing variables, such as those best players changing teams, or differnt players added or subtracted to/from the same team. That is why, as I am sure you will agree, this recent losing streak has nothing to do with Rondo's absence and everything to do with injuries to KG and LEE or them resting their players. We were 16-6 after 22-games without RR, but have lost 5 straight due to injuries/rest to KG/Lee. But are STILL 16-11 without RR. Thats .593 vs. .465 while he was playing. Despite the present losing streak, they are still playing almost .150pct pts higher. Those are the only numbers that matter JTKL, especailly since we are talking about THIS YEAR and not in terms of carreer. 

Oh and KG and Lee have not been out for the entire losing streak. That is just the last two games. 

My point is the losing is hapening with KG as well as without. Although it is way to small a sample size. 0-5. So the only thing you have manged is This Year ONLY We have a marginally better record without ROndo thant we do with, that a NUMBER of factors could account for all of which you ignore in favor of your predetermined opinion that it is Rondo. 

What's marginally better about being 20-23 at .465, out of the playoff picture and in a tailspin, to going 16-11 at .592 and locked into a playoff birth with a chance to climb the sedings? We were .130 worse and losing. Now, we have a team that has proven it can win, and will start to agin soon..... You are literally blind to the facts and the truth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Great,   Lots of good bars in Arlington .I'll  buy you a couple drinks  I'm only 20 minutes away in Fairfax County .Sadely my long hair fell out long ago    I'll be the bald old guy with pop eye arms     Seriously   Hit me up in June I'll be right here.  

You got it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

What's marginally better about being 20-23 at .465, out of the playoff picture and in a tailspin, to going 16-11 at .592 and locked into a playoff birth with a chance to climb the sedings? We were .130 worse and losing. Now, we have a team that has proven it can win, and will start to agin soon..... You are literally blind to the facts and the truth.

A) Not a huge difference. Sorry nothing compared to the turn around last year. Which again included Rondo.

B) Doesn't account for new playerss picking up system.

C) Doesn't account for Sullingers injury as a varible.

D) doesn't account for Green's heart injury as a varible

E) Doesn't account for Wilcox's injury as a varible.

F) Doesn't account for Barbosa's injury.

G) Doesn't account for more home games during that period.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Our " predetermined" opinion is primarily based on facts(w/ some emotion, of course). We simply are not as enamored w/ the antedotal triple double "evidence" as you & yours.  We want our stars to posess a clutch gene. You know, when it matters. Like the 5 most important games in recent Celtic hx when he could have actually earned the raves that are so lavishly laid @ his alter. Close out games. 'I got you there', doesn't get it w/ US. 'Take it from here boys, I'm winded, I got us close'. Sorry, were a tough crowd. Our rancor is reserved for his apologists', not Rondo himself. Embrace the 'hate' because its on you; not us & certainty not on the ceiling challenged man himself. Good, but not great. Treat him accordingly. Like we do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

A) Not a huge difference. Sorry nothing compared to the turn around last year. Which again included Rondo.

YO, JTKL, and after tonight, I need tomention that the C's have now gone 17-11 since RR ACL AND you win one category now! The Celtics had the longest losing streak of the season WITH RAJON RONDO! Congratulations! NICE JOB C's, now lets get healthy!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Teams are laughing at old Paul Pierce being our only facilitator.   Open up the Cracker Jack box there's your  ring.

First, Rondo has little to do with the current situtation, I am not sure how you can even relate the two without drugs.

Second While Rondo is a tremendous talent, and he was willing to put the team first in last year's playoffs, during the regular season this year, the season was all about Rondo; how many assists could he make at the expense of the offense, and how many steals and rebounds could he make at the expense of the team defense. It was alway always Rondo's man that scored a gazzilion points.

It became obvious to those that had a clue that winning was a secondary goal for Rondo, and that being the best point guard in Basketball, was the primary goal. It was not his talent that was the problem, it was his set of priorities. He wanted to win, but only on his own terms.

Rondo became the I in team.

That is why the Celtics record was so bad in the first half, no matter what managment said. They have to protect their assets. What else would you expect them to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Teams are laughing at old Paul Pierce being our only facilitator.   Open up the Cracker Jack box there's your  ring.

First, Rondo has little to do with the current situtation, I am not sure how you can even relate the two without drugs.

Second While Rondo is a tremendous talent, and he was willing to put the team first in last year's playoffs, during the regular season this year, the season was all about Rondo; how many assists could he make at the expense of the offense, and how many steals and rebounds could he make at the expense of the team defense. It was alway always Rondo's man that scored a gazzilion points.

It became obvious to those that had a clue that winning was a secondary goal for Rondo, and that being the best point guard in Basketball, was the primary goal. It was not his talent that was the problem, it was his set of priorities. He wanted to win, but only on his own terms.

Rondo became the I in team.

That is why the Celtics record was so bad in the first half, no matter what managment said. They have to protect their assets. What else would you expect them to do.

PREACH TO EM JUMP!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

YO, JTKL, and after tonight, I need tomention that the C's have now gone 17-11 since RR ACL AND you win one category now! The Celtics had the longest losing streak of the season WITH RAJON RONDO! Congratulations! NICE JOB C's, now lets get healthy!!!

---------------------------

Well it's a great record without Sullinger. true. But anyone who doesn't think the Celtics wouldn't have a better record right now with Rondo doesn't understand basketball. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Our " predetermined" opinion is primarily based on facts(w/ some emotion, of course). We simply are not as enamored w/ the antedotal triple double "evidence" as you & yours.  We want our stars to posess a clutch gene. You know, when it matters. Like the 5 most important games in recent Celtic hx when he could have actually earned the raves that are so lavishly laid @ his alter. Close out games. 'I got you there', doesn't get it w/ US. 'Take it from here boys, I'm winded, I got us close'. Sorry, were a tough crowd. Our rancor is reserved for his apologists', not Rondo himself. Embrace the 'hate' because its on you; not us & certainty not on the ceiling challenged man himself. Good, but not great. Treat him accordingly. Like we do.

clutch games like, how he took down Lebron in Cleveland? Took on Rose head to head in Chicago? or dropped 40+ on the Heat in the playoffs? 

Oh and about those anedotal tripe doubles (which aren't anecdotal, they are documented) They are more than any other player in the league over that time span, and you are forgetting Rondo's numbers are equivelent to John Stockton's(except Rondo's defense has been much better) Stockton you may recall is in the hall of fame. 

I look forward to next year when you will be watching Rondo lead this team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Maybe the reason why the C's were below 500 at the time of Rondo's injury was because the team had to integrate half the team to a new system. Key players like Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Green, Wilcox, Sullinger, were new or needed reintegration coupled with KG and Pierce being older played a big part in the slow start. Further the chemistry wasn't established and Bradley was out.  Last year was similar where there was a slow start and when Bradley emerged, Rondo had this team running efficiently.   This eventually would have happened again.  Ask yourself this, would the team have been better this time last year without Rondo?  What changed? A seven game win streak and all of a sudden people want to sweep Rondo out the door? 

Rondo is a amazing talent and without his leadership this team does not function as efficient. As good of a talent Bradley is, he is a liability trying to run the point. He is a below level passer and he has difficulty handling pressure.  He was much better last year along side Rondo where he was able to play to his strengths. When Rondo would penetrate, he made bradley and others better.  Rondo is a unique talent and he simply cant be replaced for a mediocre big man. Quality pgs don't come around that often. When was the last time the C's had such a pg? Who? Sherman Douglas, John Bagley, tony Delk, Kenny Anderson, Marcus Banks, Orien Green, Gabe Pruitt, Sebastian Telfair?  Get ready for a decade of mediocrity as the celtics won't find anyone close to being the talent of Rondo Unless they get lucky again like they did when Danny made the move to acquire him.  Look at all of the current top pgs, they were all lottery picks and unless the Celts turn into the Sacramento Kings for the next decade the Celtics won't find a D Rose, Lillard, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kyrie, or Westbrook like the way they got lucky with Rondo. He is a top five PG talent that blossomed and we won't be finding another one again as it rarely happens.

As a Celtic fan I understand Rondo is not perfect, but to think the team should ship him out for some of the suggestions i have read in other earlier posts (Earl Clark, Jason Thompson, and other average talent) it just shows the basketball intelligence of some of these fans.  Rondo has consistently shined in the playoffs and his lack of presence in a few weeks will be evident, but many will be too stubborn to admit it.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

i was wrong about this new group. this team is mediocre with or without Rondo.

mediocre? hardly. With everybody healthy we would have had a good chance at reaching the ECF. Right now, 4 guys are out that started at some pint during the season, so its not surprising we're struggling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

He's makin' shyt up........AGAIN!!!! Now go back to hiding in your little hole D-troll

Be a man Rally come on over to my house and repeat that.  Your more than welcome anytime

LOL....wow I thought innernet tough guys went out of style back in the 1990's?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to solich8's comment:

Maybe the reason why the C's were below 500 at the time of Rondo's injury was because the team had to integrate half the team to a new system. Key players like Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Green, Wilcox, Sullinger, were new or needed reintegration coupled with KG and Pierce being older played a big part in the slow start. Further the chemistry wasn't established and Bradley was out.  Last year was similar where there was a slow start and when Bradley emerged, Rondo had this team running efficiently.   This eventually would have happened again.  Ask yourself this, would the team have been better this time last year without Rondo?  What changed? A seven game win streak and all of a sudden people want to sweep Rondo out the door? 

Rondo is a amazing talent and without his leadership this team does not function as efficient. As good of a talent Bradley is, he is a liability trying to run the point. He is a below level passer and he has difficulty handling pressure.  He was much better last year along side Rondo where he was able to play to his strengths. When Rondo would penetrate, he made bradley and others better.  Rondo is a unique talent and he simply cant be replaced for a mediocre big man. Quality pgs don't come around that often. When was the last time the C's had such a pg? Who? Sherman Douglas, John Bagley, tony Delk, Kenny Anderson, Marcus Banks, Orien Green, Gabe Pruitt, Sebastian Telfair?  Get ready for a decade of mediocrity as the celtics won't find anyone close to being the talent of Rondo Unless they get lucky again like they did when Danny made the move to acquire him.  Look at all of the current top pgs, they were all lottery picks and unless the Celts turn into the Sacramento Kings for the next decade the Celtics won't find a D Rose, Lillard, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kyrie, or Westbrook like the way they got lucky with Rondo. He is a top five PG talent that blossomed and we won't be finding another one again as it rarely happens.

As a Celtic fan I understand Rondo is not perfect, but to think the team should ship him out for some of the suggestions i have read in other earlier posts (Earl Clark, Jason Thompson, and other average talent) it just shows the basketball intelligence of some of these fans.  Rondo has consistently shined in the playoffs and his lack of presence in a few weeks will be evident, but many will be too stubborn to admit it.  

i'd trade him for Al Horford in less than a minute

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

C-below

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I would too.

I don't think that is really the point though.

Some here think Rondo is great, others like myself think he is a decent pg, other feel that he is Satan.

Al Horford is a good big. the Celtics need good bigs more than anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I would too.

I don't think that is really the point though.

Some here think Rondo is great, others like myself think he is a decent pg, other feel that he is Satan.

Al Horford is a good big. the Celtics need good bigs more than anything.

Agreed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo took over the team with Rivers and Ainge' blessing. Wheather or not he placed himself over the team only Rondo's knows that.  To call someone who has played hurt and nearly led us to the championship last year a traitor or fraud is uncalled for.  Most true Celtic fans on here at least show some respect for the players they don't especially like.  That is called being a gentleman and a true fan   Rally C shows no real love for Celtics only hatred for Rondo.

As for all your rabid rambling and biased opinion above I 'm not convinced Rondo is the Villian you portray him to be.

As far as protecting their assets.    Yea . We all do that every day of our lives why would Red Sox management be any different?

Rondo took over the team with Rivers and Ainge' blessing. Wheather or not he placed himself over the team only Rondo's knows that.  To call someone who has played hurt and nearly led us to the championship last year a traitor or fraud is uncalled for.  Most true Celtic fans on here at least show some respect for the players they don't especially like.  That is called being a gentleman and a true fan   Rally C shows no real love for Celtics only hatred for Rondo.

As for all your rabid rambling and biased opinion above I 'm not convinced Rondo is the Villian you portray him to be.

As far as protecting their assets.    Yea . We all do that every day of our lives why would Red Sox management be any different?

Darryl, FYSA, I was born in Boston and have followed the C's, Sox, Pats, and Bruins since I was old enough to understand the game. I've been a proud, Celtic supporter having grown up watching in person at the Garden Hondo, Jo-Jo, Max, Big Red on down the line put on their show. I've lost sleep, had my heart broken as a kid by the Sox and the Pats to the point that only now, after all of their successes am I starting to forget how bad it was to be their die hard during those AWEFUL years. BUT during those times, I could ALWAYS count on MY CELTICS to lift my spirits because THEY WERE ALWAYS THE SHINING STARS in my childhood years. SO KISS MY AZZ MAN! I've lived my life as a TRUE CELTIC FAN and have EARNED THE RIGHT to speak my mind about players who AREN'T CUT FROM CELTIC CLOTH, and to call out fans who are frauds.....WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to rate me? SHUT UP! A "TRUE CELTIC FAN" would think TEAM first and throw their selfish C's player's jersey that they bought in the trash instead of spendng time defending the likes of your BOI! He is a huge talent! But he is a bigger A-hole! And is a TEAM is Second type of guy....WE ALL KNOW IT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

---------------------------

Well it's a great record without Sullinger. true. But anyone who doesn't think the Celtics wouldn't have a better record right now with Rondo doesn't understand basketball. 

Damn dude, Anyone who doesn't understand the difference between 0-6 and 7-0, and the difference between 20-23 and 17-11 DOESN'T UNDERSTAND REALITY...forget about basketball. Go see a shrink.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

More bait from our resident fairy tale writer.

Hammer down!

Get those R9R-hatin'  monkeys dancin' again, Mr. Peepers.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

More bait from our resident fairy tale writer.

Hammer down!

Get those R9R-hatin'  monkeys dancin' again, Mr. Peepers.

Pud

Thanks for participating.