What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

In response to solich8's comment:

Maybe the reason why the C's were below 500 at the time of Rondo's injury was because the team had to integrate half the team to a new system. Key players like Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Green, Wilcox, Sullinger, were new or needed reintegration coupled with KG and Pierce being older played a big part in the slow start. Further the chemistry wasn't established and Bradley was out.  Last year was similar where there was a slow start and when Bradley emerged, Rondo had this team running efficiently.   This eventually would have happened again.  Ask yourself this, would the team have been better this time last year without Rondo?  What changed? A seven game win streak and all of a sudden people want to sweep Rondo out the door? 

Rondo is a amazing talent and without his leadership this team does not function as efficient. As good of a talent Bradley is, he is a liability trying to run the point. He is a below level passer and he has difficulty handling pressure.  He was much better last year along side Rondo where he was able to play to his strengths. When Rondo would penetrate, he made bradley and others better.  Rondo is a unique talent and he simply cant be replaced for a mediocre big man. Quality pgs don't come around that often. When was the last time the C's had such a pg? Who? Sherman Douglas, John Bagley, tony Delk, Kenny Anderson, Marcus Banks, Orien Green, Gabe Pruitt, Sebastian Telfair?  Get ready for a decade of mediocrity as the celtics won't find anyone close to being the talent of Rondo Unless they get lucky again like they did when Danny made the move to acquire him.  Look at all of the current top pgs, they were all lottery picks and unless the Celts turn into the Sacramento Kings for the next decade the Celtics won't find a D Rose, Lillard, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kyrie, or Westbrook like the way they got lucky with Rondo. He is a top five PG talent that blossomed and we won't be finding another one again as it rarely happens.

As a Celtic fan I understand Rondo is not perfect, but to think the team should ship him out for some of the suggestions i have read in other earlier posts (Earl Clark, Jason Thompson, and other average talent) it just shows the basketball intelligence of some of these fans.  Rondo has consistently shined in the playoffs and his lack of presence in a few weeks will be evident, but many will be too stubborn to admit it.  

+10

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: What happened to Rally and all the Rondo haters? We'll get a ring now that Rondo out.of the way.

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

The team is better with Rondo. We had a blip where the team rallied, and played over their heads for a stretch, but lately teams have figured out pressuring Bradley leads to good things. 

Love the heart the team showed though. 

No, JTKL, the team has been playing without its true leader, KG, and without the other half of the dynamic defensive duo, C-Lee. That is all. Also, there is no real motivation to play into the 5 or 8 seedings which would put them into MIAMI's brackett. The team is still better without RR as long as we have KG, PP, C-Lee, AB and ? starting. Without the others I mention, I would agree that RR would help. AND, if I were you, I wouldn't start writing their obituary "
    Love the heart the team showed though" just yet either......

KG is the team's most important player always has been. But Rondo makes the team better.    I hope KG comes back. With a fully helathy Rndo, Jared Sullinger and Green, I think this team could do some damage. 

and the team finished 15-5 last year down the stretch with Rondo. 

Last year's results have nothing to do with this season or this present team. I don't know why you keep bringing last year's record up. FACT: Except for KG, PP, and RR, EVERYBODY is new (JG AND Chris W were out).  What most of them did last season was done with other teams. So, if what you say is true, the fact that they had been winning the second half of this season without RR is because of KG and PP, the only other guys who played for the C's last season. That means that RR had little to nothing to do with how they played in the second half last season, right? It was because KG and PP were healthy 2nd half last year. Now we are losing because of recent injuries and not because of RR's absence. Your argument keeps supporting my point. Don't you see that?  It is what it is, man. With a healthy KG, PP, AB, C-Lee, a JT who shoots close to what he should be, and a JG who stays aggressive, WE WILL COMPETE. 

So basically your point is the only rondo data you accept is from the small window of winning basketball  after the injury. Everything else you throw away as irrelevent.

Not the most scientifc. but some look where the data leads them and some make up their minds first and then look for data to support them. 

No, I absolutely also consider the 43-games before he got hurt. You remember, 20-23 outta the play-offs and sinking fast, data? In doing so, I'm examining the most current and relevant data. TREND DATA. This takes into consideration only the data built since the relevant period started. That would be since the first game of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Otherwise, if you try to combine trend data from the previous year, the team or player who did the best last season would ALWAYS be the one projected to be the most successful year after year regardless of any changing variables, such as those best players changing teams, or differnt players added or subtracted to/from the same team. That is why, as I am sure you will agree, this recent losing streak has nothing to do with Rondo's absence and everything to do with injuries to KG and LEE or them resting their players. We were 16-6 after 22-games without RR, but have lost 5 straight due to injuries/rest to KG/Lee. But are STILL 16-11 without RR. Thats .593 vs. .465 while he was playing. Despite the present losing streak, they are still playing almost .150pct pts higher. Those are the only numbers that matter JTKL, especailly since we are talking about THIS YEAR and not in terms of carreer. 

Oh and KG and Lee have not been out for the entire losing streak. That is just the last two games. 

WRONG AGAIN! KG missed 3, C-Lee missed the last 2. What is your point?

My point is the losing is hapening with KG as well as without. Although it is way to small a sample size. 0-5. So the only thing you have manged is This Year ONLY We have a marginally better record without ROndo thant we do with, that a NUMBER of factors could account for all of which you ignore in favor of your predetermined opinion that it is Rondo. 

What's marginally better about being 20-23 at .465, out of the playoff picture and in a tailspin, to going 16-11 at .592 and locked into a playoff birth with a chance to climb the sedings? We were .130 worse and losing. Now, we have a team that has proven it can win, and will start to agin soon..... You are literally blind to the facts and the truth.

A) Not a huge difference. Sorry nothing compared to the turn around last year. Which again included Rondo.

B) Doesn't account for new playerss picking up system.

C) Doesn't account for Sullingers injury as a varible.

D) doesn't account for Green's heart injury as a varible

E) Doesn't account for Wilcox's injury as a varible.

F) Doesn't account for Barbosa's injury.

G) Doesn't account for more home games during that period.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. 

YO, JTKL, and after tonight, I need tomention that the C's have now gone 17-11 since RR ACL AND you win one category now! The Celtics had the longest losing streak of the season WITH RAJON RONDO! Congratulations! NICE JOB C's, now lets get healthy!!!

---------------------------

Well it's a great record without Sullinger. true. But anyone who doesn't think the Celtics wouldn't have a better record right now with Rondo doesn't understand basketball. 

Damn dude, Anyone who doesn't understand the difference between 0-6 and 7-0, and the difference between 20-23 and 17-11 DOESN'T UNDERSTAND REALITY...forget about basketball. Go see a shrink.....

Your right you don't understand reality. You ignore every part of it except your predetermined belief. 

Did I mention Paul Pierce had a neck injury and played terrible during the 0-7 streak? Oh right injuries are only relevant when they hapen without Rondo.  Come on man. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The team is better with Rondo. We had a blip where the team rallied, and played over their heads for a stretch, but lately teams have figured out pressuring Bradley leads to good things. 

Love the heart the team showed though. 

No, JTKL, the team has been playing without its true leader, KG, and without the other half of the dynamic defensive duo, C-Lee. That is all. Also, there is no real motivation to play into the 5 or 8 seedings which would put them into MIAMI's brackett. The team is still better without RR as long as we have KG, PP, C-Lee, AB and ? starting. Without the others I mention, I would agree that RR would help. AND, if I were you, I wouldn't start writing their obituary "
    Love the heart the team showed though" just yet either......

KG is the team's most important player always has been. But Rondo makes the team better.    I hope KG comes back. With a fully helathy Rndo, Jared Sullinger and Green, I think this team could do some damage. 

and the team finished 15-5 last year down the stretch with Rondo. 

Last year's results have nothing to do with this season or this present team. I don't know why you keep bringing last year's record up. FACT: Except for KG, PP, and RR, EVERYBODY is new (JG AND Chris W were out).  What most of them did last season was done with other teams. So, if what you say is true, the fact that they had been winning the second half of this season without RR is because of KG and PP, the only other guys who played for the C's last season. That means that RR had little to nothing to do with how they played in the second half last season, right? It was because KG and PP were healthy 2nd half last year. Now we are losing because of recent injuries and not because of RR's absence. Your argument keeps supporting my point. Don't you see that?  It is what it is, man. With a healthy KG, PP, AB, C-Lee, a JT who shoots close to what he should be, and a JG who stays aggressive, WE WILL COMPETE. 

So basically your point is the only rondo data you accept is from the small window of winning basketball  after the injury. Everything else you throw away as irrelevent.

Not the most scientifc. but some look where the data leads them and some make up their minds first and then look for data to support them. 

No, I absolutely also consider the 43-games before he got hurt. You remember, 20-23 outta the play-offs and sinking fast, data? In doing so, I'm examining the most current and relevant data. TREND DATA. This takes into consideration only the data built since the relevant period started. That would be since the first game of the 2012-2013 NBA season. Otherwise, if you try to combine trend data from the previous year, the team or player who did the best last season would ALWAYS be the one projected to be the most successful year after year regardless of any changing variables, such as those best players changing teams, or differnt players added or subtracted to/from the same team. That is why, as I am sure you will agree, this recent losing streak has nothing to do with Rondo's absence and everything to do with injuries to KG and LEE or them resting their players. We were 16-6 after 22-games without RR, but have lost 5 straight due to injuries/rest to KG/Lee. But are STILL 16-11 without RR. Thats .593 vs. .465 while he was playing. Despite the present losing streak, they are still playing almost .150pct pts higher. Those are the only numbers that matter JTKL, especailly since we are talking about THIS YEAR and not in terms of carreer. 

Oh and KG and Lee have not been out for the entire losing streak. That is just the last two games. 

WRONG AGAIN! KG missed 3, C-Lee missed the last 2. What is your point?

My point is the losing is hapening with KG as well as without. Although it is way to small a sample size. 0-5. So the only thing you have manged is This Year ONLY We have a marginally better record without ROndo thant we do with, that a NUMBER of factors could account for all of which you ignore in favor of your predetermined opinion that it is Rondo. 

What's marginally better about being 20-23 at .465, out of the playoff picture and in a tailspin, to going 16-11 at .592 and locked into a playoff birth with a chance to climb the sedings? We were .130 worse and losing. Now, we have a team that has proven it can win, and will start to agin soon..... You are literally blind to the facts and the truth.

A) Not a huge difference. Sorry nothing compared to the turn around last year. Which again included Rondo.

B) Doesn't account for new playerss picking up system.

C) Doesn't account for Sullingers injury as a varible.

D) doesn't account for Green's heart injury as a varible

E) Doesn't account for Wilcox's injury as a varible.

F) Doesn't account for Barbosa's injury.

G) Doesn't account for more home games during that period.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. 

YO, JTKL, and after tonight, I need tomention that the C's have now gone 17-11 since RR ACL AND you win one category now! The Celtics had the longest losing streak of the season WITH RAJON RONDO! Congratulations! NICE JOB C's, now lets get healthy!!!

---------------------------

Well it's a great record without Sullinger. true. But anyone who doesn't think the Celtics wouldn't have a better record right now with Rondo doesn't understand basketball. 

Damn dude, Anyone who doesn't understand the difference between 0-6 and 7-0, and the difference between 20-23 and 17-11 DOESN'T UNDERSTAND REALITY...forget about basketball. Go see a shrink.....

Your right you don't understand reality. You ignore every part of it except your predetermined belief. 

Did I mention Paul Pierce had a neck injury and played terrible during the 0-7 streak? Oh right injuries are only relevant when they hapen without Rondo.  Come on man. 

Dude, there is a CLEAR LINE OF DEMARCATION between the two obviously different playing styles and results, RR's INJURY. You CANNOT use every single issue that comes up throughout the course of the season that affects the team. Everybody deals with it. Nobody said there aren't other, less obvious reasons for why things change, but it is UNDENIABLE that we went form 0-6 to 7-0 with his injury and that we are winning more instead of losing more since. If you want to say that its beacuse someone on the team is now wearing boxers now instead of briefs, or that someone feels like paying now instead of not, GO AHEAD. I know, the EARTH isn't round! Its kinda oblong shaped. DAMN! EVERY TEAM goes through ups and downs that effect them, but there are events that make the biggest differences. Based on your "RR is GREAT and WE WERE BETTER WITH RR" where is your proof now? You have none. You just keep coming up with ECUSE AFTER EXCUSE. How can our record be so much better if RR WAS SO GOOD? We should be devastated! Just like we will be if KG is done for the year. We won't get better without him, but did without RR. You can't be this slow. If there is just ONE event that affected the Celtic's play this season, what would you say it is? You are simply too stubborn to admit what you surely know. I'm done with you now, I swear. Go ahead..prove your stubborness some more. I'm simply speaking facts here. Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dude, there is a CLEAR LINE OF DEMARCATION between the two obviously different playing styles and results, RR's INJURY. You CANNOT use every single issue that comes up throughout the course of the season that changes everything. Nobody said there aren't other, less obvious reasons for why things change, but it is UNDENIABLE that we went form 0-6 to 7-0 with his injury and that we are winning instead of losing since. If you want to say that someone on the team is now wearing boxers now instead of briefs, GO AHEAD. I know, the EARTH isn't round! Its kinda obling shaped. DAMN! If there is just ONE event that affected the Celtic's play this season, what would you say it is? You are simply too stubborn to admit what you surely know. I'm done with you now, I swear. Go ahead..prove your stubborness some more. I'm simply speaking facts here. Thanks!

Sure I can use all of those issues. Every single one meets the requirement of proof you put forward for Rondo.

No Rondo Record improves = No Sullinger record improves.

No rondo Record improves = Pierce getting healthy Record improves.

No Rondo record improves = Jeff Green getting healthy record improves.

No Rondo record improves = Bradley getting healthy record improves. 

What do they all have in common? They all coorelate with the time of the  improved play. 

So by your own logic every other explanation is equally valid. YOU CHOSE. to ignore every other explanation though in favor of your Rondo theory and then act as though you have conclusively proved it. 

But all you have is a coorelation same as every other instance cited. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dude, there is a CLEAR LINE OF DEMARCATION between the two obviously different playing styles and results, RR's INJURY. You CANNOT use every single issue that comes up throughout the course of the season that changes everything. Nobody said there aren't other, less obvious reasons for why things change, but it is UNDENIABLE that we went form 0-6 to 7-0 with his injury and that we are winning instead of losing since. If you want to say that someone on the team is now wearing boxers now instead of briefs, GO AHEAD. I know, the EARTH isn't round! Its kinda obling shaped. DAMN! If there is just ONE event that affected the Celtic's play this season, what would you say it is? You are simply too stubborn to admit what you surely know. I'm done with you now, I swear. Go ahead..prove your stubborness some more. I'm simply speaking facts here. Thanks!

Sure I can use all of those issues. Every single one meets the requirement of proof you put forward for Rondo.

What do they all have in common? They all coorelate with the time of the  improved play. 

So by your own logic every other explanation is equally valid. YOU CHOSE. to ignore every other explanation though in favor of your Rondo theory and then act as though you have conclusively proved it. 

The timing of the improvement in the numbers speak for themselves and prove my point. You are looking for excuses. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The timing of the improvement in the numbers speak for themselves and prove my point. You are looking for excuses. 

--------------------------------------

The timing of the improvement makes my point not yours. 

At the time of Rondo's injury, Jeff Green's play was steadily improving. it continued to do so after as his doctor said it would right around Rondo's injury. Peaking a few weeks ago.

Paul Pierce said his neck injury started improving around the time the losing stread ended.

The Timing also coincdes with SULLINGER going down. 

All of my proof meets the standard of prrof and timing for your Rondo argument. You just choose to ignroe it and instead, let an obvious rallying cry by the team turn into proof in your world that Rondo hurts the team. it is illogical. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

At the time of Rondo's injury, Jeff Green's play was steadily improving. it continued to do so after as his doctor said it would right around Rondo's injury. Peaking a few weeks ago.

Paul Pierce said his neck injury started improving around the time the losing stread ended.

All of my proof meets the standard of prrof and timing for your Rondo argument. You just choose to ignroe it and instead, let an obvious rallying cry by the team turn into proof in your world that Rondo hurts the team. it is illogical. 

U R BLIND and waaay too fond of Rondo, a man who probably likes women. Sorry to break your heart. Later.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rally, the Cs have been streaky all season. your undeniable 0-6 to 7-0 is in reality 6-0 to 0-6 to 7-0. rondo was suspended for the knicks game, so in the interest of full disclosure, we'll undeniably call it 5-0 to 0-6 to 7-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

rally, the Cs have been streaky all season. your undeniable 0-6 to 7-0 is in reality 6-0 to 0-6 to 7-0. rondo was suspended for the knicks game, so in the interest of full disclosure, we'll undeniably call it 5-0 to 0-6 to 7-0.

excellent point Baily. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

U R BLIND and waaay too fond of Rondo, a man who probably likes women. Sorry to break your heart. Later.....

I'm sorry U R blind and your dislike of Rondo is clouding your judgement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Thanks, Bailey, you validate the insignificant influence that the dude has had to their winning this season by what you state. The C's actually won 8-games in a row that RR didn't play in through that streak. So to clarify, from a sample size of 19 straight games, the C's were 8-0 without him, and 5-6 with him. Interesting.....you lose who is supposedly your leader and ASPG, and win 8-in a row without him 
    yet every loss during that sample was with him. Show's how valuable he really was to this team. How's that for a streak? Give us more reason to beieve we are better off without him, please.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

excellent point Baily. 

Thanks, Bailey, you validate the insignificant influence that the dude has had to their winning this season by what you state. The C's actually won 8-games in a row that RR didn't play in through that streak. So to clarify, from a sample size of 19 straight games, the C's were 8-0 without him, and 5-6 with him. Interesting.....you lose who is supposedly your leader and ASPG, and win 8-in a row without him yet every loss during that sample was with him. Show's how valuable he really was to this team. How's that for a streak? Give us more reason to beieve we are better off without him, please.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

excellent point Baily. 

Thanks, Bailey, you validate the insignificant influence that the dude has had to their winning this season by what you state. The C's actually won 8-games in a row that RR didn't play in through that streak. So to clarify, from a sample size of 19 straight games, the C's were 8-0 without him, and 5-6 with him. Interesting.....you lose who is supposedly your leader and ASPG, and win 8-in a row without him yet every loss during that sample was with him. Show's how valuable he really was to this team. How's that for a streak? Give us more reason to beieve we are better off without him, please.....

Easy 5 years of data. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo's value to the celtics - or lack thereof - will become more and more evident in the coming months. as a fan of the team and the player, that suits me fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Maybe the reason why the C's were below 500 at the time of Rondo's injury was because the team had to integrate half the team to a new system. Key players like Terry, Lee, Barbosa, Green, Wilcox, Sullinger, were new or needed reintegration coupled with KG and Pierce being older played a big part in the slow start. Further the chemistry wasn't established and Bradley was out.  Last year was similar where there was a slow start and when Bradley emerged, Rondo had this team running efficiently.   This eventually would have happened again.  Ask yourself this, would the team have been better this time last year without Rondo?  What changed? A seven game win streak and all of a sudden people want to sweep Rondo out the door? 

Rondo is a amazing talent and without his leadership this team does not function as efficient. As good of a talent Bradley is, he is a liability trying to run the point. He is a below level passer and he has difficulty handling pressure.  He was much better last year along side Rondo where he was able to play to his strengths. When Rondo would penetrate, he made bradley and others better.  Rondo is a unique talent and he simply cant be replaced for a mediocre big man. Quality pgs don't come around that often. When was the last time the C's had such a pg? Who? Sherman Douglas, John Bagley, tony Delk, Kenny Anderson, Marcus Banks, Orien Green, Gabe Pruitt, Sebastian Telfair?  Get ready for a decade of mediocrity as the celtics won't find anyone close to being the talent of Rondo Unless they get lucky again like they did when Danny made the move to acquire him.  Look at all of the current top pgs, they were all lottery picks and unless the Celts turn into the Sacramento Kings for the next decade the Celtics won't find a D Rose, Lillard, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kyrie, or Westbrook like the way they got lucky with Rondo. He is a top five PG talent that blossomed and we won't be finding another one again as it rarely happens.

As a Celtic fan I understand Rondo is not perfect, but to think the team should ship him out for some of the suggestions i have read in other earlier posts (Earl Clark, Jason Thompson, and other average talent) it just shows the basketball intelligence of some of these fans.  Rondo has consistently shined in the playoffs and his lack of presence in a few weeks will be evident, but many will be too stubborn to admit it.  

rack this post!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

rondo's value to the celtics - or lack thereof - will become more and more evident in the coming months. as a fan of the team and the player, that suits me fine.

Indeed. Agreed. And should he return as a Celtic, I will pray that he has learned from his time away, and returns more mature and ready to embrace a more TEAM first attitude. He's an athletic freak, but with an immaturity that needs to change. I would be surprised if any of that happens. Fingers crossed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

rack this post!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN THAT POST!!!! The poster says, "Without his leadership...."I stopped right there and didn't read another word. The poster is either dazzled by and can't see past the slick passes that RR executes on the court, or doesn't grasp or understand what true leadership means and takes. He was suspended twice for disciplinary reasons because he had to touch an official. He has clearly proven that he is obsessed more with personal stats and achievments than with Team goals. Both contradict the core values of a true leader. LEADERS don't set those type of examples unless strategically placed. RR has no strategy and does it because he's a little brat and just can't control his emotions.