What Happens If Celts Can't Get Love

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: What Happens If Celts Can't Get Love

I still think if we trade Rondo we are going to be much better next year and may win tooooooo many games.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think if we trade Rondo we are going to be much better next year and may win tooooooo many games.

[/QUOTE]

If Rondo is gone and the Celts won't also have Bass and Hump, I think the Celts will not win too many games.

Remember, this season Bass and Hump were very good.

[/QUOTE]

I think the real question here is:  IF THE CELTICS DO GET LOVE, do they have to keep Rondo?  Would Love still be willing to come here?  Would Love be ok with us trading Rondo on draft night if it were in effort to make us more competitive next season?  Or is keeping Rondo completely necessary for Love to sign a long-term deal with us?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Good questions! DA might give BS a college team to coach! Draft Vonleh # 6, trade RR to LA for pick # 7 and draft Smart, and then try to negotiate pick # 8 from Kings to draft Saric! Then draft E. Payton at # 17! 

I would enjoy watching Brad coach / develop these player / this team! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

It's likely either rondo and love (or some other equally good player that we're not yet contemplating), or it's neither. If we go young with multiple draft picks, rondo is (and others are) as good as gone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Money can't buy you Love, except in some cases, but not this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Can someone explain Boston's options with respect to securing Love beyond next season? I'm sure this has been discussed before so I apologize for missing the rationale in previous posts, but I had thought there was no way to guarantee a Love trade is immediately accompanied by a Love extension. If I'm correct, they'd be giving up the moon for a single season rental of Kevin Love. Right? In which case there's no way Danny pulls the trigger on a Kevin Love deal involving the likes of Sullinger + three or more first round picks. I just don't how such a deal computes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The celtics are probably already one of that last teams love wants to end up being traded to, even more so if rondo gets traded then he would be in even a WORSE situation than he already had in minnesota. The twolves were 40-42 in a much tougher conference in the west, we were 25-57 in the terrible east. Trading rondo would make boston even LESS appealing than it already is.

I agree that if we cant make a trade for klove or another  top player then rondo is FAR more likely to be traded, not only becuz we will be in a long term rebuild but becuz rondo himself prob wont resign here after next season and da would rightfully not want to lose him for nothing. If he can get a lotto pick (like lakers 7) i think he pulls the trigger, becuz I dont think he is going to land klove becuz he wont sign a long term deal with us.

If we cant get love and we just make the picks at 6 and 17 I see another year of missing the playoffs and then I can see rondo signing elsewhere. Then we hope our guys and future picks develop and we can SNEAK in to the playoffs in another 2 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If the Celts can't get Love or another very good established vet then why would they keep Rondo?  Unless they're intention is to give Rondo the max and they feel like they will be able to bring aboard another vet via trade at some point with all the picks they have, it makes no sense.  I like Rondo as a player, but he is the 3rd or 4th best player on a championship team and not "the man".  

This team has a lot of options available to it, but its direction depends a lot upon whether they can get a guy like Love.