What Happens Now

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: What Happens Now

Add 1st round draft choices to Rondo, Sully, Oly and Fav... trust that Ainge is one of if not the best talent scout in the NBA and the picks will be early in the draft.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

What happens now.

We draft Embiid and sign Hayward.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nothing can be determined until our slot in the draft is and we know if the coveted players are all leaving school.

If they all come out then there are literally 3 options for 3 draft positions:

#1 - Embiid

#2 or #3 - Wiggins or Parker, Ainge gets one of them, if he is picking 2nd he can hope to have them agree to workout against each other. I'd pay to see that. Ainge probably trades Jeff Green in this scenario and waits to see them on the court with Rondo before deciding if they move on from RR at the deadline or extend him at an overpay.

#4-#11 - At pick 4 or 5 Ainge could make a mini-trade down a few spots if someone really wants Vonleh or Randle since we have Sully/Oly. I don't see them sliding farther than number 11. Ainge would likely go big PG or raw SF here and besides Smart none are really ready to start right away so Ainge could keep Rondo and Green in this range.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Let's be conservative and give the C's pick 6-8

Smart slides from the lock he had on pick 4-5 to the C's b/c of his attitude issues and then once in the league looks solid as a rookie (like James Harden's 10 points in 23 mins his rookie year after two years at ASU like Smart's 2 at OSU) before blowing up his 2nd year into an 18p-6a-4r-2s stud.

At pick 19 if we already have a guard I'd like to see one of Aaron Gordon or Dario Saric be there for us and the C's pick one with the idea of letting him play a year in the D league (Gordon) or overseas (Saric) before deciding if the player is a SF or PF. Either way, the team has a very promising young frontcourt player for the future with two of Green, Bass, Wallace, likely being gone by the 2015 trade deadline. Saric could play PF at 6'10" with a Gallinari finesse game (Olynyk at 7' staying as more a PF as well) while Sully plays C, or Gordon could play PF as a tenacious rebounder and alley-oop target who defends the Melo's, West's and LeBron's while Olynyk plays C defending your Chandlet, Bosh, Hibberts (ugh, haha).

Then I'd start preparing for more Gordon Hayward sign and trade talk in July. Green and the Clippers 2015 pick would be fair if Hayward were to sign for 4/40 in order to play with his old coach. Green did not make the jump this year when it was his opportunity to prove he is a #2 option guy. He is a #4 guy. Gordon is also a #4 but is several years younger with a chance to become a #3 still. Both are 16ppg guys but smarter, younger and more effort trumps better dunking and defense.

Avery stays for 5/35... Ainge matches up to 4/34 but should try to offer the 5th year and get him locked up at 7m. 5/30 is his market value IMO.

Ainge won't have much luck trading Wallace if the goal is 2015 cap space unless Rondo or a good draft pick is involved. I doubt the Rockets take Wallace, Favarani and the Clippers pick (or our lotto protected pick) for Asik, but I'd of course make that move if they would.

I predict (whoa a prediction Fiercy! Everything up until now were NOT predictions) that Ainge finds a way to sign and trade Humphries. Nobody is going to give him over 7-8 million a year on the open market. Ainge could revisit a move with his buddy Morey for Asik. The Rockets will be making sure they are not be paying him 15 million next year. Hump signed (not sure the years but say around 9 million in '15) and Favarani for Asik is fair.

If not Asik and Gordon I'd see the C's going after Greg Monroe in a sign and trade. Some options:

Hump (4/32), Favarani (2/4), our top 3 protected 1st round pick and a lotto protected 2016 pick for Monroe (4/50)

Hump (2/20), Wallace (2/20) and Favarani (2/4) for Monroe (4/50) and Josh Smith (3/42)

Second trade is made if Ainge gives Rondo a max deal and brings in his buddy, who we at least know can defend the LeBron/Melo/George group pretty well. Ainge adds one  ore year of Smith to the deal at 14m over Wallace being off the books at 10. This would be assuming little cap space in 2016 with Rondo making the max (16-17 by then), Monroe 13, Avery 7, Smart 5, Oly 3, '14 pick 2 and two other picks like a combined 4-5 with a Pressey or Bayless player like 2.5. The team would be around 50 million with Sully a 4.2m QO in need of an extension that takes us over the cap.

Of course the Love rumors will return. Two guys signed and traded (Avery and Hump) with Sully and multiple picks is a fair offer. Or the team keeps Avery, trades 2/20 of Wallace for 3/24 of Kevin Martin and trades Sully, Hump, Bogans and 2-3 more picks for Love.

The opportunities are endless:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

I doubt any GMs will trade with us to move up in the draft. The teams that are tanking this season are tanking for a reason. They want a top 5 pick.  The only way we get a trade to move up would be trade a first from this year with the Nets 2016 pick. 

As as for moving down to pick, I don't see that either. Danny will pick the best player available and go from there. If a team directly behind us wants that pick then maybe he might deal. 

As as for resigning AB. Guess that depends on how injury free he is the rest of this season and how much he wants. If we draft a top SG prospect I see him being allowed to leave and we move on.  In previous years you'd want to get something for him but, with salary cap structures the way they are now it may be better to let him go, continue Tankapalooza 2, keep salaries low, and shoot for free agents the following year. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

What happens now.

I tried to tell him this ....

I suggest we go after stephenson instead of hayward. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about:

Pick 7 - Marcus Smart

Draft day: Hayward has rejected Jazz final offer of 4/44 million. Stevens tells Ainge *wink wink* he'll take 4/40 to play here. Celtics trade Bass and the Nets pick in the 18-21 range for Hayward. QO is 4.68, Bass makes 6.95, about 150% more. If that doesn't work C's can take back Jeremy Evans as well, 1 year 1.8m.

Trade #1 - Early July, Humphries signed at 3 years 27 million (more than any of the teams sniffing around him a few days into free agency were offering), Joel Anthony (2/4) and two of the four picks the C's have in '15/'16 with appropriate lotto protection of course.

C - Greg Monroe (34 mins), Olynyk (14 mins)

PF - Sully (34 mins), Oly (6 mins), Green (8 mins) 

SF - Green (24 mins) Gordon Hayward (16 mins), Wallace (8 mins)

SG - Avery (26 mins), Hayward (16 mins), Smart (6 mins)

PG - Rondo (34 mins), Smart (14 mins)

Nifty 9 man rotation where the 24 year old Hayward is a 6th man of the year candidate and Smart (20) and Olynyk (24) could start for many teams but are not pressured to become great right away playing the same # of minutes as their ages. Wallace comes in for 6-10 mins of old man ball energy, hard fouls and to show potential trade suitors he could still end something to the end of a contender's rotation.

Pressey, Johnson and maybe Jeremy Evans make up the 12 man rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

What happens now.

I tried to tell him this ....

[/QUOTE]

I suggest we go after stephenson instead of hayward. 

[/QUOTE]

So we let Avery walk (50.5m), picks 6-10 and 18-21 would cost 5 million. That is barely over the MLE.... by 'go after' you must mean a sign and trade.

Indy could prefer to pay Turner the 4 years 28 million we'll probably pay Avery than the 4/44 Stephenson may command. Avery and Turner are too similar a pair of players to sign and trade Avery in a deal for him.

Hmmm

Indy just got done paying  Granger a lot for small minutes behind George. Not sure they would do a sign and trade of Stephenson 4/44 for Green and his 2/18... but maybe. They could play Green at PF and Scola at C in some bench lineups since George basically plays 40 mins a game.

Jeff can be humbled as a 6th man getting 18--22 minutes a game in my opinion. James Posey on the '06 Heat and '08 Celtics anyone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Going back up to my deal. If the C's can get Bradley at 5/35, Monroe at 4/48, Hayward at 4/40 and have Rondo re-up for a fair but no max deal of 5/70  and Jeff Green ops out of his 9.2m option then they will have:

Rondo - 12.5 (12.5-13.25-14-14.75-15.5 over 5 years)

Monroe - 12

Wallace - 10.2

Hayward - 10

Bradley - 6.75

Smart - 3

Sully - 2.3

Olynyk - 2.25

59 million with say a 64 million cap summer of 2015.

5 million in space. For those of us dreaming of Love or Aldridge the C's would have to trade a 2015 1st round pick and/or Olynyk to someone to take Wallace's contract with one more year on it for an expiring contract. You know, the move Ainge couldn't get for Hump. If they can do that, then they could offer a max deal to Love or Aldridge, even with Sully and Monroe here. That'd be pretty cool.

Of course they'd be very weak at SF, so the better option would be to explore trading Sully, Green and 1-2 picks for either player and giving them the 5 year max at 9.5% raises instead of the 4 year at 4.5%. Because we all know nobody wants to play in Boston:-) Green may just pick up the option and C's use a 2015 pick.

Of course the following summer of 2016 the team would have Rondo (13.25) Monroe (12) Hayward (10), Bradley (7) Smart (3.3) Sully (3.2 QO), Olynyk (3) and a '15 1st rd pick (1.25).

51 million

With a '16 pick to pay...

with a cap of say 65 million.... eh. If the team can make a trade of Avery and their 2015 1st rd pick and Olynyk (11+m) to a team under the cap and bring back nothing in salary, just future picks.

They could offer Kevin Durant a max contract:-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I want Doug McDermott with one of our picks. This guy will be a great scorer in the NBA and would fit perfectly in Stevens system. He passes the eye test..this kids got game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Nothing can be determined until our slot in the draft is and we know if the coveted players are all leaving school.

#1 - Embiid

#2 or #3 - Wiggins or Parker, Ainge gets one of them, if he is picking 2nd he can hope to have them agree to workout against each other. I'd pay to see that. Ainge probably trades Jeff Green in this scenario and waits to see them on the court with Rondo before deciding if they move on from RR at the deadline or extend him at an overpay.

#4-#11 - At pick 4 or 5 Ainge could make a mini-trade down a few spots if someone really wants Vonleh or Randle since we have Sully/Oly. I don't see them sliding farther than number 11. Ainge would likely go big PG or raw SF here and besides Smart none are really ready to start right away so Ainge could keep Rondo and Green in this range.

Rame, remember in 2001 when Jordan had Tyson Chandler workout against Kwame Brown when the Wizards had the #1 pick that year? Kwame supposedly owned Chandler during that entire workout, though their careers didn't exactly work out that way. Just saying....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

#1 - Embiid

[/QUOTE]

Rame, remember in 2001 when Jordan had Tyson Chandler workout against Kwame Brown when the Wizards had the #1 pick that year? Kwame supposedly owned Chandler during that entire workout, though their careers didn't exactly work out that way. Just saying....

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Awesome point. Wiggins could totally own Parker in an inspired workout after hating how he was hyped over him in H.S. and then quickly thrown under the bus this year as a freshman while everyone raved about Parker.

Then Parker will be the next Pierce/Melo and Wiggins the next Rudy Gay.

Funny I was just writing about Brown in another thread. A 'what if' as far as had the Lakers made a fair trade for Gasol (at the time) then Kwame is in the '08 finals rotation vs. us over Turiaf, Bynum is a Grizzly and the Marc and Pau Gasol brothers got to go on tour together for several long playoff runs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

#1 - Embiid

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Awesome point. Wiggins could totally own Parker in an inspired workout after hating how he was hyped over him in H.S. and then quickly thrown under the bus this year as a freshman while everyone raved about Parker.

Then Parker will be the next Pierce/Melo and Wiggins the next Rudy Gay.

Funny I was just writing about Brown in another thread. A 'what if' as far as had the Lakers made a fair trade for Gasol (at the time) then Kwame is in the '08 finals rotation vs. us over Turiaf, Bynum is a Grizzly and the Marc and Pau Gasol brothers got to go on tour together for several long playoff runs.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That's how I think it would go down as well. One of Parkers weeknesses is his ability to get his shot off against longer and more athletic defenders. So i think one on one, Wiggins might kick his butt. But i think Parker will have the better career. Specially once he developes a fade-away jumper to negate those long/athletic types. Ala Paul Pierce.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge couldn't care less about next season. He's got his eye on the 2014 draft class and the 2015 free agent class. that's where future champions will be made.

[/QUOTE]

Who do you think the lakers will take with their pick, Tommy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

What now?

"Draft Embiid and sign Hayward"

Its laughable how you say it like its  just a case of making the decision. If only it was that simple. Obv any team that gets into the coveted top 3 is most def not trading out of those slots. This team is bad but we  wont be top 3 bad, most likely 5-8 range. And in the 5-8 slots im not really high on any of these guys, Is marcus smart really going to be great player in this league and at what position? He  has a FG 40% and 42% and 3pt28% and29% his first 2 seasons. Last thing this team needs is less permiter shooting. Gordon is very raw offensively, Exum is an unknown.  Randle plays a position we are already strong at. Vonleh has potential but is not ready yet.  To me parker is the only cant miss, even embiid who is somehow getting these hakeem comparisons which is just absurd to me is not a sure thing to be the next great center (he is not better than anthony davis).Wiggins seems to have a little jeff green in him, very talented athlete who dissapears at times.

Most likely da will just take the best player available like he always does and have a stockpile of young talent and hope to flip in a big deal later on.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Here's hoping Embiid stays in school another year......

If not, we aren't getting him.

He will go #1 - bank on it.

PHI will take either Wiggins or Parker........

ORL?  They need a PG, so Smart (?)   (I don't want him, btw)

I think that LAL will draft Exum.....just a hunch.

So.....we don't "need" Randle, do we take him anyway?

Nope, I think it then comes down to Vonleh, Ennis, Harris or WCS...although I like Hood.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Danny won't carry two rookies on the team next year ... he'll combine picks to move up as close to the top as he can to get Embiid.

Then a trade using the $10MM TPE and he's added two more building blocks. There's no assurance or "absolute" that Bradley is kept at any price and he's likely to be in the same boat as Bass.

The braintrust is enamored with Hump, Hump likes playing here and the fans respect him. Look for him to be resigned at a resonable price to mentor the yutes at PF/C unless Danny gets a trade offer he can't refuse. Hump will not leave on his own. He either stays or assists in a S&T that benefits the C's and himself as Rame has already said.

Guess you haven't learned your lesson, huh?

Maybe it's really true that you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

1. Ainge will combine picks to get closer to Embiid?

Your talking as if every NBA team is in the business of helping the Celtics win championships.

Why would teams want to help out the Celtics become contenders again?

2. Celts already have Sully and Oly at PF.

None of those two are real Centers.

So why would the Celts re-sign a 29-year old 6-9 PF?

Hump would only eat up minutes that are supposed to be for Oly and Sully.

Mployee

I told you that you don't need Chad Ford, legionreport, or hoopshabit.

Just listen to me!

HAHAHA

Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner Celtic players yet?

HAHAHA

==================================

Mployee Re:  Danny won't carry two rookies on the team next year ... he'll combine picks to move up as close to the top as he can to get Embiid.

I agree that getting Embiid should be a major goal because we have not had a Banger/double digit scorer/rebounder Center for years. Perkins was a Banger & good defender and Garnett was truly a PF.

With Sully & Oly(hope he develops as Fav Melo did not) and Embiid we could have the best front court since the Bird, McHale & Parrish days.  

I copy and paste the following and ask what does “Lottery Protected” mean. Does it mean if Philly in 1st 5 worst records, we get their pick ?

2014 1st round: Boston, Brooklyn, Philadelphia (lottery protected)
    2015 1st round: Boston, LA Clippers, Philadelphia (lottery protected)
    2016 1st round: Boston, Brooklyn 
    2017 1st round: Boston
    2018 1st round: Boston, Brooklyn  

I tried to Google & find the %s of ping pong ball chances for the 1st 5 teams. I have read that the 1st team(one with worst record has a 25% chance of #1 pick). If the next 4 teams on a declining % basis get to make picks, don’t you think Embiid will go in first 5 picks ??? If we end up 6th or 7th I guess we then have our choice of picks whichever players remain. Are you suggesting we trade our 2014 first round picks and maybe 1 or 2 from 2015-2018 picks to get in the top 5 ping pong gamble. We’ve been unlucky before…if we had gotten Tim Duncan, we might have won #18, 19 & 20 already. Don’t you think it’s best to keep 2-3-4 first round picks and if not in the first 5 lottery, to pick from the next best 25 players depending upon where we are 6-30 in the 1st round.   Anyway, I don’t know what’s best.  Any opinions ?  Thanks !