What happens to KG?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

What happens to KG?

So it seems that he was willing to go to LA with Doc, but now it looks like the league will not allow it. So my question is do you think he is willing to be traded if he is packaged with Pierce? I really wonder if he comes back even if Pierce is back to start next season, because there is almost no chance the captain finishes the year here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: What happens to KG?

What happens to KG?  When he eats Honey Nut Cheerios he giggles about Carmelo's wife.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't think any team can absorb both PP and KG contracts that would want to do so.

I personally would like to see Pierce traded for a future pick or a quality young backup at any position and Rondo traded for a starting Center, but Garnett stays and helps mentor and provide motivational leadership.  Sort of like a player - assistant coach to help the new coach get settled.

In my scenario, Assuming we get a starting Center in return for Rondo; through draft or trades, we will need in priority, a starting PG, a starting SG (Bradley comes off the bench as 6th man); a backup SF; and backup PF/C.

Bass, Crawford and Terry traded with any luck.  

Be nice to have 2 first round picks in 2014 (ours a lottery) and 2 first round picks in 2015.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I bet they do not buy out Paul. Danny will spend the summer trying to move them. I'd like to see them play together at Golden State for a packge of some of the expiring trash (Biedrins, Jefferson, Rush) and young assets/picks (Aim for Thompson/Barnes, settle for Green, Ezeli and 2014 pick).

Next step would be to trade Jeff. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I bet they do not buy out Paul. Danny will spend the summer trying to move them. I'd like to see them play together at Golden State for a packge of some of the expiring trash (Biedrins, Jefferson, Rush) and young assets/picks (Aim for Thompson/Barnes, settle for Green, Ezeli and 2014 pick).

Next step would be to trade Jeff. 

seriously?? Green is the best player on the team now. trade rondo instead

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spurciello. Show spurciello's posts

How about this, keep Garnett as player assistant coach, make Ainge head coach for a year and Garnett becomes head coach.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

You accomplished part of what has been talked about for weeks: Doc for LAC's #1 next year.

Trade Paul and KG for a player and this years LAC's #1 an #2?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we apparently won't be trading KG to the clips, so forget that one. although i maintain that is complete and utter BS, we don't want to rattle stern's cage, so i get it. for the same reason, we might be hard pressed to trade PP there as well. so i think we're done with the clips. but KG and PP will hopefully both be traded for picks, this year or next.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

[QUOTE]

we apparently won't be trading KG to the clips, so forget that one. although i maintain that is complete and utter BS, we don't want to rattle stern's cage, so i get it. for the same reason, we might be hard pressed to trade PP there as well. so i think we're done with the clips. but KG and PP will hopefully both be traded for picks, this year or next.

KG will be a Clipper between now and Feb  Rivers was just the first to fall.  I would bet the house.

[/QUOTE]

maybe. the league certainly has expressed its view on that possibility. i think the league is wrong, but that are firmly on record as to what they think. we'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

that said, the more i think about jordan, he wouldn't be that bad if you can surround him with scorers, which means you need scoring from the 2, 3 and 4 positions. green is that guy at the 3, but we badly need a young 2 who can fill it up.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If KG stays,which still could happen, I say go with a servicable C that we could afford if we could amnesty Terry. A player like Delembert,Speights( if he opts out) Pachulia and if we can get him JJ Hickson. Hickson might be out our price range but he would be my first choice out of all of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to darrylfries's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:

KG will be a Clipper between now and Feb  Rivers was just the first to fall.  I would bet the house.

maybe. the league certainly has expressed its view on that possibility. i think the league is wrong, but that are firmly on record as to what they think. we'll see.

Some sportswiters in Boston and LA are saying it's unfair for Garnett and both teams. Not likely  to move Stern however.  Seems like both teams have agreed to put it on hold

Jordon has some good points but is a work in progress and may never be more than a good backup .  I would expect the Celts to keep him since his 12 mill contract is too much for most teams to stomach.  Terry Lee and or Bradley will have to go in order to get another two guard which we do desperately need your right .  It looks like a total rebuild to me hopefully on two years.   Ainge want's to be the next Red we'll sone see if he can pull off a miracle.

I still think KG will be a Clipper.  Stern's block is based purely on speculation.  But if he does remain blocked, I'd like to see him dealt to Houston.  I think Houston will fail in their attempt to lure in Howard, and then McHale will call Garnett and Ainge.  Houston's got a lot of young talent, especially at PF. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't think any team can absorb both PP and KG contracts that would want to do so.

I personally would like to see Pierce traded for a future pick or a quality young backup at any position and Rondo traded for a starting Center, but Garnett stays and helps mentor and provide motivational leadership.  Sort of like a player - assistant coach to help the new coach get settled.

In my scenario, Assuming we get a starting Center in return for Rondo; through draft or trades, we will need in priority, a starting PG, a starting SG (Bradley comes off the bench as 6th man); a backup SF; and backup PF/C.

Good analysis Eldunker. Since you mentioned Garnett as a sort of player - assistant coach, do you thnk there is any chance Garnett is interested in joining the Celtics staff of assistants at any point?

Bass, Crawford and Terry traded with any luck.  

Be nice to have 2 first round picks in 2014 (ours a lottery) and 2 first round picks in 2015.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

some interesting options:

There are a few draft picks said to be readily available for the right price… The No. 4 pick from Charlotte, they’d rather have a proven veteran and would take on a contract to get one. The No. 9 from Minnesota could also be had for a proven veteran. The No. 10 from Portland could be on the move as the Blazers are not said to be in love with anyone projected to them. Dallas has the No. 13 on the market, but are finding their options to move the pick a little jumbled with so many picks in front of them available.
    Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-8-0#CkyreryMrWmc1Ovg.99

#10 from Portland?

KG could fit well there wih Aldridge

they have the cap space to do it after the start of new league year

Celtics end up with #10, #16 & #19 (form Cleveland for Pierce).

then we move the 16 or 19 pick to someone who wants into the draft (for a first next year).

Sections
Shortcuts