What happens to Pierce?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

What happens to Pierce?

Just wondering....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: What happens to Pierce?

According to ESPN......

Pierce is not part of this trade, but sources say that the Clippers hatched this ambitious plan to acquire Rivers and Garnett with the intent from the start to land Pierce as well. The Celtics have until June 30 to either buy out Pierce for $5 million or guarantee him $15.3 million for next season, but it’s believed that Boston wants to wait until the draft later this month to see if it can make a trade to get something for Pierce instead of just setting him free.

While the Clippers seem to be inclined to get their hands on Pierce, there is little to no chance that the Celtics would buy him out. He is on an expiring deal and still has trade value, so the team will most definitely look to get something for him. Unless the Clippers would be willing to offer some kind of a package involving Eric Bledsoe for Pierce, the two teams would probably not hook up on another deal.

Waiting until the draft would be the smartest thing to do for Boston right now, as they could easily trade their way into the draft, or at the very least land a trade exception and some other pieces for Pierce.

http://fansided.com/2013/06/18/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-trading-paul-pierce-during-draft/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

If he goes, I want him going to a team with some potential...Cavs, Pelicans, one of the teams dumping salary to try for Howard (they can't all get him) like the Rockets...maybe the Blazers. I don't know what the cap deal is there, but these are all teams with young pieces to the puzzle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

If he goes, I want him going to a team with some potential...Cavs, Pelicans, one of the teams dumping salary to try for Howard (they can't all get him) like the Rockets...maybe the Blazers. I don't know what the cap deal is there, but these are all teams with young pieces to the puzzle.

There was a post here a day or two ago that said Simmons said Cleveland has some interest in Pierce.

Makes sense as they have cap space and a lot of top five young picks on thier roster. A vet to lead the youngsters makes sense.

Cleveland also has a second first round pick #19 I think and two ealy seconds #31 &33?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

pierce is an interesting deal.. like how dA got some leverage in the deal. was assuming buyout as i'm sure pp would want as well. but may make sense to ride it out along with jason terry and make both a package deal. pp can definitely bring us a #1. nothing less.. period! forget the cas, if ur the pacers, y would u not consider that esp after what happened against bron?  pp > granger. they could do a 3 way deal with us.. where we get a number one frrom them and another younger piece from else where (perhaps keVin love, as they send a minny granger and some other picks or pieces. either way, we will b getting something for pp. the number 1 could b for next year!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Haha

Commie says there could be a 3-way trade involving 'other pieces' where the main 3 guys being swapped are Pierce to the Pacers, Granger to the Wolves and Kevin Love to the Celtics.

hahahaha

tears, absolute tears, I mean, does this guy have ANY clue about value in this league?