WHAT HAS THE RONDO FACTOR MEANT THIS SEASON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

WHAT HAS THE RONDO FACTOR MEANT THIS SEASON?

Leader? Captain? "HE MAKES OTHERS AROUND HIM BETTER"? I know he missed 6 games since his return, BUT that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have some very positive emotional "Leadership" impact on the squad even from the bench being that he is the "CAPTAIN"?....except of course for the game he decided to INGORE out west. Here's the record this year:

Before Rondo's return: 14-26 = .350 winning percentage

Since  Rondo's return:   8-18 =  .300 winning percentage 

Games Rondo has played in since his return:   5-15 =  .250 winning percentage!!!

Games Rondo HAS NOT played in since his return:   3-3 = .500 winning percentage!!!

NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!! Go ahead........I KNOW, HE MAKES PLAYERS BETTER!!! LOL!!! Oh wait, I forgot......TANKING!!!! Yeah, ok! But he didn't play in 6-back to backs! YEAH, WE KNOW. THANKS WRONGDO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: WHAT HAS THE RONDO FACTOR MEANT THIS SEASON?

His team offensive production is Rondo centered, and other teams know pretty much what he is going to do.  He must have a couple of real all stars to play with or we are just as well off with another real point and it is  not Pressey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

8-18 = .300 winning percentage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rajon clang-do was a huge factor tonight.  4-15 shooting and got torched by GORAN DRAGIC????  oh how tragic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Thanks, Chris. UPDATE!!!! as of 3/15:

Before Rondo's return: 14-26 = .350 winning percentage

Since  Rondo's return:   8-18 =  .300 winning percentage 

CAPTAIN TANKER keeps "making other players better"! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

CAPTAIN "TANKER" is the perfect fit!

I honestly really don't care about the answer, and I sure am not going to bother to look it up myself,  because I dont think any one player, other than James or Durant types, could change this teams record much, but Rondo has only played in 20 games.

To do a comparison you would need his record in the 20 games he has played in. Not the 26 that have been played since he has been back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

CAPTAIN "TANKER" is the perfect fit!

I honestly really don't care about the answer, and I sure am not going to bother to look it up myself,  because I dont think any one player, other than James or Durant types, could change this teams record much, but Rondo has only played in 20 games.

To do a comparison you would need his record in the 20 games he has played in. Not the 26 that have been played since he has been back.

A "CAPTAIN" of a team should have a positive influence over his teammates whether on the floor onr from the bench. If you read the OP, you will see that this was not ignored. If you need a bigger sample, then lets add the 6 straight losses that he ended his last playing time with before his return and we have:

8-24= .333 WOW!

Regardless, RR has LEAD his team to a worse record since his return. Not showing for MISSING a game has an even worse long term impact than even a single loss. RR is not what my favorite NBA team needs for the long term. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I looked it up.

5-15 with him which is actually a lot worse with him than what you thought.

they have gone 3 and 4 in the last 7 games he has played in.

Of course Sully and AB were out most of that time as well.

But your orginal point that the record has been worse since he has been back is correct. I just wanted to check it out and make sure as you cant count the games he hasnt played in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I looked it up.

But your orginal point that the record has been worse since he has been back is correct. I just wanted to check it out and make sure as you cant count the games he hasnt played in.

Snake, I know you feel me on this. Lets not forget that one of those games was the NO SHOW. What did that do for his "leadership" effect. Dud is simply not the right guy for my favorite NBA team, skills or not.

In RR's last 26 games that he actually played in for the Celtics, RR is now:

5-21 for a whopping .192 winning percentage.....come on man!

He started this "tanking" thing back in 2012???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I looked it up.

Snake, I know you feel me on this. Lets not forget that one of those games was the NO SHOW. What did that do for his "leadership" effect. If he weren't "THE CAPTAIN" then I'd agree that games not played in sholdn't be counted, but as the LEADER he should have an influence over EVERY GAME. Dude is simply not the right guy for my favorite NBA team, skills or not.

Lets go one step further.....since the day that RR got hurt, the C's are:

35-42 for a .455 winning percentage!!!!

There ya go SNAKE! the bigger the sample size without RR, the better the winning percentage........SAMPLE SIZE big enough yet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I looked it up.

Snake, I know you feel me on this. Lets not forget that one of those games was the NO SHOW. What did that do for his "leadership" effect. Dud is simply not the right guy for my favorite NBA team, skills or not.

Lets go one stp further.....since the day that RR got hurt, the C's are:

There ya go SNAKE! the bigger the sample size without RR, the better the winning percentage........SAMPLE SIZE big enough yet?

Ha...good memory.

Now youve got some real stats to play with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I looked it up.

Lets go one stp further.....since the day that RR got hurt, the C's are:

Ha...good memory.

Now youve got some real stats to play with.

To synopsize:

Games since the the day RR got hurt and hasn't played in:  C's are 35-42 for a .455 winning percentage

Last 26 consecutive games that RR has played in: 5-21 for a .192 percentage

HE MAKES EVERBODY BETTER??? NOPE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rally, youre usually right on the money owith your posts but I'll have to respectfully disagree with some of your comments here.

It seems to me Rondo's opposing PG's have many above average games statistically when Rondo is defending them. Therefore, we can state with confidence Rondo makes other players better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Rally, youre usually right on the money owith your posts but I'll have to respectfully disagree with some of your comments here.

It seems to me Rondo's opposing PG's have many above average games statistically when Rondo is defending them. Therefore, we can state with confidence Rondo makes other players better.

LOL!!! Excellent point........unfortunately!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

His team offensive production is Rondo centered, and other teams know pretty much what he is going to do.  He must have a couple of real all stars to play with or we are just as well off with another real point and it is  not Pressey.

I am worried about Rondo/Stevens future.Rondo is showing who is the boss.He refuses to play uptempo game.Yesterday he was walking the ball up court,we were down by 12,Steve took him out and in came Pressey,we sarted to play celtics type of game and pronto,we came back.Does somebody else sees this problem or that is just me.I would like to hear from others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

I am worried about Rondo/Stevens future.Rondo is showing who is the boss.He refuses to play uptempo game.Yesterday he was walking the ball up court,we were down by 12,Steve took him out and in came Pressey,we sarted to play celtics type of game and pronto,we came back.Does somebody else sees this problem or that is just me.I would like to hear from others.

Debrit,

This has been the problem for well over 2-years now. Don't you remember how DOC would be flailing his arms for Rondo to  push the ball up court all while RR would ignore him and pound the ball as he strolled up the court trying to appear as if he were focused on the game only to run the clock down to a point that a player would have to force a bad shot due to an expiring shot clock? It happened time after time after time........Those images are fresh in most of our minds. RR is a control freak, malcontent who cannot be taught to follow a youg coach's lead. Sad, but true. I'm not making this up, it's all on film.........This above all other reasons is what lead me, and several others here to question his value to the Celtics of late. The more time and success he logged with the Big-3, the less cooperative and indignant he has become. He forgets that his success was due to the fact that he tossed the ball to and played with 3-HOF, all-time greats and that he was simply a complementary piece. Unfortunately DA puts Waaaaaaay too much value in how a PG impacts the game. All the PG needs to be is a decent outside shooter with a solid handle, and an ability to make good fundamental passes to the real scorers and stars of the team. Of course, with DA himself having been on of the cockiest, overly front and center PGs himself with the C's at one time, I understand why he does have that over blown perception that the PG is the key. It will change though. We are headed that way now.......the numbers can't be denied......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Leader? Captain? "HE MAKES OTHERS AROUND HIM BETTER"? I know he missed 6 games since his return, BUT that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have some very positive emotional "Leadership" impact on the squad even from the bench being that he is the "CAPTAIN"?....except of course for the game he decided to INGORE out west. Here's the record this year:

Games Rondo has played in since his return:   5-15 =  .250 winning percentage!!!

Games Rondo HAS NOT played in since his return:   3-3 = .500 winning percentage!!!

NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!! Go ahead........I KNOW, HE MAKES PLAYERS BETTER!!! LOL!!! Oh wait, I forgot......TANKING!!!! Yeah, ok! But he didn't play in 6-back to backs! YEAH, WE KNOW. THANKS WRONGDO!

.Those images are fresh in most of our minds. RR is a control freak, malcontent who cannot be taught to follow a youg coach's lead. Sad, but true. I'm not making this up, it's all on film...

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SIR...numbers never lie!!!!!

The proof is in the won-loss record....and the eye test

Thery've never looked worse!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

.Those images are fresh in most of our minds. RR is a control freak, malcontent who cannot be taught to follow a youg coach's lead. Sad, but true. I'm not making this up, it's all on film...

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SIR...numbers never lie!!!!!

The proof is in the won-loss record....and the eye test

Thery've never looked worse!

Damn MEL.......why do so many not admit to what their eyes see?  I get why DA does and says what he does, but fans dont have to lie to themselves, or do they? Thank God I'm not alone on this stuff. Peace my brutha!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree with you that Rondo needs some other stars. Rondo’s job is to be a quarterback and guide the offense. As a QB occasionally runs a ball in for a TD, Rondo too should contribute with points but he need not be a Paul, Westbrook, Rose etc. As he assisted KG, PP & RA it was not essential he score 20 points. Sooooo, I think with Sully & Oly if we can get Embiid, we’d have the best 3 man post since Parish, McHale & Bird and Rondo can also drive to the basket with the best of them & occasionally make a 3 but he will be able to feed any of those big guys. If we can’t get Embiid, try for Omer Asik in free agency. Also, with our draft picks if they are available, try to get Creighton’s McDermott and, maybe I’m California Dreaming, Syracuse’s C. J. Fair too.  I would start both of those guys in front of a Wallace, Bass & Green and I hope we unload all three.  Then have DA keep one or two of what he feels are our best guards or draft a scorer.

Golden State got 3 players in the draft, Curry, Thompson & Barnes, and these rookies all started. Then they got Veterans Bogut & McNeil for the post and Iguoduala and a great sub and then they have David Lee, their leading rebounder for PF. Our team above in about 2-3 years built mostly with draft choices/rookies and with Stevens, a college coach experienced with young guys, could make us a contender fro a few years in a row.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

2-3 spots lower in the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

UPDATE!!! The more Rondo plays, the wose his teammates play!!! PROOF in Numbers......Read 'em and weep..........

Games Rondo HAS NOT played in since his return:   3-3 = .500 winning percentage!!!

Since  Rondo's return:   8-19 =  .290 winning percentage 

Games Rondo has played in since his return:   5-16 =  .230 winning percentage!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

UPDATE!!! The more Rondo plays, the wose his teammates play!!! PROOF in Numbers......Read 'em and weep..........

Games Rondo HAS NOT played in since his return:   3-3 = .500 winning percentage!!!

Games Rondo has played in since his return:   5-16 =  .230 winning percentage!!!

well how about them apples!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Yo Acie, check this one out:

The last 77 consecutive games that RR hasn't played in back to the day that he got hurt:  

C's are 35-42 for a .455 winning percentage

The last 26 consecutive games that RR has played in: 

5-22 for a .185 percentage

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Yo Acie, check this one out:

The last 77 consecutive games that RR hasn't played in back to the day that he got hurt:  

C's are 35-42 for a .455 winning percentage

The last 26 consecutive games that RR has played in: 

5-22 for a .185 percentage

I love apple pie...and I love me some Celtics w/out RONDON'T

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

As a rondo fan , his won-loss record is certainly discouraging. Based on the "eye test" I feel offensively they have been better with rondo but defensively they have regressed. I have not looked at the stats but thats what it looks like.

I think stevens should really look at taking rondo off the ball on defense and playing ab on the ball vs  opposing pg's and puting rondo on sg's. Rondo is a good man defnder but really struggles defending the pick and roll ( he doesnt fight thru picks very well, seems to run around them and then attempts to use his alien arms to poke the ball out from behind). Doc has used this strategy before and I think its the best course of action.

Also as mentioned before sully and ab have both been out since rondo came back and they are actually are 2 and 3rd leading scorers and sully is our best rebounder. So that has to be factored in.

Dont forget rondo is not yet a 100%. He has been missing a lot of layups that he usually converted in the past, ironically he was hitting a lot more from the perimeter when he first came back.  He has historically been  a very good paint finisher ( rondo has an excellent 49% career fg%).

I think we hold judgment until next season and at that point da can trade him at the deadline if he  and the team dont show improvment.

Sections
Shortcuts