What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game

• Miami is overrated, Boston is underrated.
    • Heat's win against the mvs was more about Dallas being worse than last year then Miami being that much better.
    • Boston will not just be a playoff team, they have a legitimate chance of winning
    • lebron still can execute in the clutch, the zone defense exposed their flaws, in the playoofs norris Cole will not be the one with the ball in his hands.
    • we wold have won this gam with a healthy pierce in the line up
    • we gotta be more aggressivegoing to the basket and getting to the stripe
    • take care of turnovers
    • play smart defense, there wasway too many fouls

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game

I agree with your post and opinions and lets not forget about the home cook calls by the refs.  Also, we will be better once Pietrus plays some minutes and trade pavalovic for a center.  I was finally impressed by Dooling,  I hope Wilcox wakes up and play now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game:
    I agree with your post and opinions and lets not forget about the home cook calls by the refs.  Also, we will be better once Pietrus plays some minutes and trade pavalovic for a center.  I was finally impressed by Dooling,  I hope Wilcox wakes up and play now
    Posted by RickFox17

wilcox hurt himself that's why he only played 8 minutes hopefully it's not that bad

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i learned that brandong bass had all of his peripheral vision surgically removed at some point.  he also doesn't pass the ball worth a squat when he's covered by blanket defense.  but people keep saying he's so much better than davis.  :-O

i also learned that KG can no longer rebound and the "answer" to the center problem appears to be a 2-3 zone in which KG will get no defensive boards and the opponent will mercilessly attack bass' side of the zone because when that kid turns his head, it never turns back.

kg's decline is dramatic.  we'd be better off having jerlame o'neal declared dead and trying to actually get a #5 than trying to masquerade the softer than melted cheese old KG as a 5 in a zone defense.  disastrous is what that will be.

i also learned that today was keyon dooling's birthday. 

while our zone was a surprise to miami today, it will not be a suprirse to any more teams from here on out.  they will figure out a way around it.  crashing the boards because manute garnette blows away in the wind will be one of the primary ways to beat our zone, and also attacking bass' side and then passing to cutters on the weak side.

mostly, what i learned today is that we figured out how to make it look like we lost by 10 or less when we really lost by 35.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What I learned is that Doc is playing the wrong players at the wrong time.
    Posted by Kirk6

isn't it time for another 4 month spa run for jermange o'neal?  i think if you put a cadaver on roller skates and pushed it up and down the floor it would get done about what jermane did tonight

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

What I learned is that Doc is playing the wrong players at the wrong time.
    Posted by Kirk6

i learned that this is our rotation we should get use to it and any players at the end of the bench aren't ready, if they were they would be in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game : isn't it time for another 4 month spa run for jermange o'neal?  i think if you put a cadaver on roller skates and pushed it up and down the floor it would get done about what jermane did tonight
    Posted by aciemvp

think we should call tanya harding for help? take JON out.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

i learned that brandong bass had all of his peripheral vision surgically removed at some point.  he also doesn't pass the ball worth a squat when he's covered by blanket defense.  but people keep saying he's so much better than davis.  :-O i also learned that KG can no longer rebound and the "answer" to the center problem appears to be a 2-3 zone in which KG will get no defensive boards and the opponent will mercilessly attack bass' side of the zone because when that kid turns his head, it never turns back. kg's decline is dramatic.  we'd be better off having jerlame o'neal declared dead and trying to actually get a #5 than trying to masquerade the softer than melted cheese old KG as a 5 in a zone defense.  disastrous is what that will be. i also learned that today was keyon dooling's birthday.  while our zone was a surprise to miami today, it will not be a suprirse to any more teams from here on out.  they will figure out a way around it.  crashing the boards because manute garnette blows away in the wind will be one of the primary ways to beat our zone, and also attacking bass' side and then passing to cutters on the weak side. mostly, what i learned today is that we figured out how to make it look like we lost by 10 or less when we really lost by 35.
    Posted by aciemvp
    The guy puts up 20 and 11 and then 13 and 5 big baby can onl dream of put up those numbers against contenders, so you should move on the trade already happen stop hating bass because he's doing a nice job

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game : When was the last time Davis had 20 points and 11 rebounds?
    Posted by Kirk6

last season.

but what does it matter when the store is wide open on the other end and the team has had to stop using the switch defense system that made it good on defense, right?

it's WORTH brandon ball hogging it and stone handing it.  i mean c'mon.  i saw 2 terrible shots tonight and two bumble jobs that made davis look like a discreet shooter and davis did not bumble the ball.

if you want to kid yourself that this is a good deal, just close your eyes for the four times that i watched bass give away layups on the other end as small guys dribbled right past him for layups / lay downs.  if that's an improvement to you then okay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Come on, acie, in the 2 games we saw, Bass is clearly better than Glen Davis.
    Posted by Fiercest34

from what iv'e seen..can't even compare...bass all the way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game : think we should call tanya harding for help? take JON out.
    Posted by raider3524

seriously, this guy has to go the way of brandon roy.  unable to play any more.  get out of the contract.  even if it takes 90 days or whatever to clear, at least we can sign someone if we're in the top 8 seeds

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game :   last season. but what does it matter when the store is wide open on the other end and the team has had to stop using the switch defense system that made it good on defense, right? it's WORTH brandon ball hogging it and stone handing it.  i mean c'mon.  i saw 2 terrible shots tonight and two bumble jobs that made davis look like a discreet shooter and davis did not bumble the ball. if you want to kid yourself that this is a good deal, just close your eyes for the four times that i watched bass give away layups on the other end as small guys dribbled right past him for layups / lay downs.  if that's an improvement to you then okay.
    Posted by aciemvp
    big difference between Bass and Baby: consitency, glen is just too inconsistent, he plays belowthe rim, outside or charge takenhis defense wsn't that spetacular anybody can learn help defense in Boston, Von Wafer became a decent help defender last year. You're quick to point out the bad plays bass had you forget that everybody has bad plays and you don't even look at the good things he does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: What i learned from the Heat-Celtics game : I disagree. I would start Rondo, Allen, Daniels, Bass, and Garnett.
    Posted by Kirk6

doesn't matter whether Daniels starts orSasha starts with the way reffs  are calling games they will all be in foul trouble. besides, Sasha's only playingto keep the chemistry marquis has in the second unit and will not play once pieerce and pietrus come back to the court

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Come on, acie, in the 2 games we saw, Bass is clearly better than Glen Davis.
    Posted by Fiercest34

i look at the whole game.  our defense is stinko with bass in the game.  bass doesn't pass the ball.  he personally gave away 10 points down the stretch on offense and defense.  but he can put up "numbers" so we're happier with him.

i haven't seen a ball stopper the likes of this since mchale- but mchale was dominant and had game. 

i guess we like different types of ball.  i thought davis really screwed up other teams' offensive schemes at the last second a whole lot in the last couple of years and it really worked to our advantage.  bass just gets the ball and goes.  and is good at turning his head on D, the wrong way. 

i think brandon is an excellent north-south player like leon powe was but there are serious defensive issues with the kid.  if you didn't see them tonight then you are just giddy. 

and he'll NEVER grind up a tim duncan, duhwhite howard or a bynum with ANY SUCCESS.  so if we had obtained a succession of people (and wilcox is not the other piece of the puzzle, sorry to say) that could have covered for davis' leauge leading skills in help defense AND grind around the strongest 5's in the league, then i might be excited.

but we didn't end up with anything even close to cancel out the loss of davis' off stat sheet contributions.  it also means that the old three work harder on defense if they can't just stand still and switch- davis was the mop that cleaned up the messes that developed due to the switches. 

just try watching the whole game and then come back ot me.  we have nothing going on at the 5 for the whole roster, which is where davis played his most important minutes defenisvely and spreading the floor offensively, helping to make up for the rondo sag off. 

bass picks up some of those aspects of play but we are left totally empty for a 5 grinder, a help defender and zero passing ability in bass.  and i mean none.  floor vision.  less than zero on both ends.  it's what's held him back his whole career.  none of that has improved for the guy coming into this year.  he's the same player.  davis was always improving at little and some big things.

but you go have a good deal for yourself with bass.  and you beter pray that they medically retire jerlame and pick up some amalgamation of real help at the 5 or we'll be lucky to make 6-8 seed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Acie, I'll give you the over all floor vision but not getting up and down the floor.  However, Baby does have exceptionally quick feet that enables him to make those physically tricky, switch adjustments on defense.  But Bass has come to play, offers things that Baby couldn't on offense, important things, and has shown the desire and ability to develop his game (his ever expanding jumper) since coming into the league.  Also, I'm going to give him more time to prove what you say about his passing inabilities.  

As it stands, I am happy about the trade.  Besides, Baby's time to move on had come.  For him as much as for the team.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Our best team to defeat New Orleans a must win.  _Center  KG and sub.big white boy  _Power Forward  Brandon Bass 44min. 6ft,10in. rookie sub. _Point Rondo 44min. _2guard Ray Allen, Dooling and Moore  _Small Forward  Daniels 40 min. Pav subs

JO and Bradley are use if we need them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

What I learned is greenabovegold is delusional.

Wake up and smell the roses sunshine, Boston stunk.

Ugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I can't help but like this team.  They don't get phased and they play with heart.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

agreed. for being 0-2 and lacking even the slightest bit of decent fortune, ya gotta like this start. so much in fact i'd even be willing to sacrifice another loss tomorrow night if doc'd just do the right thing and throw the rookies in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm...

what I learned is that our success depends on the health of the big three. With one of them out we'll struggle against top teams. I learned we play hard but don't have a huge amount of talent. I learned we have no interior D now that KG's legs are old.

I learned the Heat are going to win a lot of games and should be the favorites to get out of the east, but they are not unbeatable. 

I guess i didn't learn much now that i think of it. :) 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts