What I would do next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What I would do next year

Approach the roster as if nothing is sacred.  Buy out the O'neals, they are sad and washed.  Try to get Rondo to have a resurgence in his offensive game and then as soon as things look good, shop him.  Shop him hard.  Try to throw in Ray Allen's dead body for cap space for the other team.  Do the same with KG if necessary.  Pierce with 3 more years left is much less likely to be movable.  Keep your eyes open and your ears to the ground.  This unit is not worth keeping together as a "contender" becuase it obviously is not any longer.  If the right deal comes, drop the hammer and ship quixotic, quirkky and brick throwing rondo out of town.  He's not suited for an old slow team anyway. 

And don't encourage doc rivers to come back for one nanosecond.  This team may not have had enough left to get to the Finals again but Doc's minute management ASSURED US that we were not even going to come close.  Doc is an idiot who makes nice sounds in post game conferences and then continues to run the snottes out of the old guys like they are oxen in a field.  Get rid of Doc and never hire another middling turkey of a coach like him again who spurts forth trick words like "ubumtu" and what nots.

Lastly, get rid of deloonte west.  he makes brevin knight look freggin durable.  i like delonte but he just can't keep himself on the floor. 

Other than that, keep everything the same.  Just kidding.  Take a flyer on Krstic if he is cheap for a minute eating 5 but don't overpay.  Von Wafer could get this team 10 points in short minutes and if we are stuck with the late ray allen for another year, get him below 30 minutes a game and give the rest to Wafer, he did nothing but come through given the chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Re: What I would do next year

dude... tone down the ray allen hate. he's had a career year from 3, he keeps himself in great shape, he could play til he's 50 coming off the bench. class act and I want him to retire as a celtic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: What I would do next year:
    dude... tone down the ray allen hate. he's had a career year from 3, he keeps himself in great shape, he could play til he's 50 coming off the bench. class act and I want him to retire as a celtic.
    Posted by teh-n00b

Agreed, I have been saying all season for Ray to come off the bench. He can as effective as Jason Terry is for the Mavs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

no ray allen hate at all.  it's the celtics fault 100%.  ray cannot run 35 a game any more.  he couldn't when we picked him up in '08!!!  why do you think he disappeared every playoff time!  for long stretches at that.  it's because doc didn't manage his minutes and /or danny did not give him a back up at the 2.  this year and last year i can't honestly say it's danny's fault.  the first year, there really wasn't anyone on the roster to back ray up.  however, given viable backups daniels and then wafer, ray was still used to absolute death.

it's a pathetic story of unprovoked mistakes. 

maybe you don't realize HOW MUCH EXTRA we've used ray compared to what he shoudl have been used.  but 5 minutes too much x 100 games a year x 4 years = 2,000 minutes, a whole extra season of too much playing time for ray since we've had him.

if you think that this is not adding up as every second ticks on ray's ability to be consistent and effective, you're crazy.  he's no longer the player he was.  he still had a very good year despite being over-used drastically this year for no reason.

but there are other players out there who are younger and better than ray right now.  so keep the eyes open and the ears to the ground, with every single person on this roster, including ray and kg.

if that is hate then i am sorry for you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

GREAT!! then let's bring him off the bench for 28 minutes a game.  but if it's the same old act with 35 minutes of moronic over-use i'd just as soon see him gone.  give ray 28 and wafer 20 a game and you'll get more scoring out of the 2 than you did this year by far

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and you can get fierce 34 stalker with me and go back and check the threads.  since 2009 i have been calling for ray to come off the bench and be a scoring punch.  we have never had a bench with enough scoring punch.

with an old roster, you have to get a little bit innovative to get good enough results out of the personnel to get away with having an aged core of players.  obviously, doc blithers was not up to that task.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to What I would do next year:
    Approach the roster as if nothing is sacred.  Buy out the O'neals, they are sad and washed.  Try to get Rondo to have a resurgence in his offensive game and then as soon as things look good, shop him.  Shop him hard.  Try to throw in Ray Allen's dead body for cap space for the other team.  Do the same with KG if necessary.  Pierce with 3 more years left is much less likely to be movable.  Keep your eyes open and your ears to the ground.  This unit is not worth keeping together as a "contender" becuase it obviously is not any longer.  If the right deal comes, drop the hammer and ship quixotic, quirkky and brick throwing rondo out of town.  He's not suited for an old slow team anyway.  And don't encourage doc rivers to come back for one nanosecond.  This team may not have had enough left to get to the Finals again but Doc's minute management ASSURED US that we were not even going to come close.  Doc is an idiot who makes nice sounds in post game conferences and then continues to run the snottes out of the old guys like they are oxen in a field.  Get rid of Doc and never hire another middling turkey of a coach like him again who spurts forth trick words like "ubumtu" and what nots. Lastly, get rid of deloonte west.  he makes brevin knight look freggin durable.  i like delonte but he just can't keep himself on the floor.  Other than that, keep everything the same.  Just kidding.  Take a flyer on Krstic if he is cheap for a minute eating 5 but don't overpay.  Von Wafer could get this team 10 points in short minutes and if we are stuck with the late ray allen for another year, get him below 30 minutes a game and give the rest to Wafer, he did nothing but come through given the chance.
    Posted by aciemvp

that statement shows that you just dont like Rondo. its not that you would like to see him be a player with a better jumpshot, you dont like him period. bc if he dedicates himself this summer and comes back with a Derrick Rose like jumper, it would be the dumbest move in Celtic history to trade him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Ainge should make every effort to bring in D. Howard! 

This will make up for his F-UP this year.  I can't stand Howard but if he comes here, I will have to learn to like him somehow.  We know this, he is a 20 / 10 guy and with Rondo, that would be a tough combo!  Perfect match for Howard too. He'll finally get a top notch PG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I like ray comming off the bench 22 to 28 a game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to What I would do next year : that statement shows that you just dont like Rondo. its not that you would like to see him be a player with a better jumpshot, you dont like him period. bc if he dedicates himself this summer and comes back with a Derrick Rose like jumper, it would be the dumbest move in Celtic history to trade him.
    Posted by JamezHill24

If he can't shoot by now, he'll never be able to shoot!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to What I would do next year : that statement shows that you just dont like Rondo. its not that you would like to see him be a player with a better jumpshot, you dont like him period. bc if he dedicates himself this summer and comes back with a Derrick Rose like jumper, it would be the dumbest move in Celtic history to trade him.
    Posted by JamezHill24

He is 25 years old, he has had about 20 years to develop a jump shot......  not a priority for someone that already thinks he is the best in the world at what he does.

Oh and by the way, nobody on the planet would trade for Rondo given his contract and the new CBA where he will likely take up about 20% of the salary cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: What I would do next year : I admire loyalty, and your support of Rondo has been consistent.  I have no idea of his level of dedication, but after five years in the league I think a player is pretty much what they've shown.  This is a time when players are starting to peak, not re-inventing themselves.  Maybe Rondo can, but I'm sceptical.
    Posted by jallen5799

I agree. Rondo has terrific parts to his game, but shooting is not one of them and I don't think that's going to change.  Because of that he'll always remain  a notch below the elite PGs imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I really hope doc rivers won't come back.

What he could have done to win this series:

-put rondo in the bench once he got injured.
    -used delonte/arroyo instead of rondo WAY more. (what we saw by the end of the game tonight was what we should have seen all along the series, just WAY TOO LATE).
    -use von wafer to spell ray allen.
    -use jeff green instead of davis, that was a no fri---ggin brainer and yet he didn't.
    -use kristic more.
    -use THE GODDDAMN BENCH for christ sake! same simple rotation, almost no adjustments, tired legs, give me a break!
    -send KG to the post more often, literally, ORDER him to go to the post and abuse bosh/anthony.
    -keep an eye on james jones, he destroyed us in the first and second game, come one!
    -STOP USING rondo after the third game was over. we were lucky to win that game and doc abused his own luck.

And there's more for sure but this is all I can remember. Still proud to be a celtics fan till the end but doc needs to go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Posted by JamezHill24

c'mon man, again playing the hate card on me.  get real!!  this is going to be rondo's SIXTH YEAR coming up!!  For goodness sakes, after the REGRESSSION of this year that saw him largely un-aggressive on offense and miserably passive on even TRYING to get a steady diet of J's, his weakest point, and FTA's, his weakest point, he just avoided that alltogether.

at some point, "potential" becomes an expired stench of "never will be".  i have never seen this trajectory of player anti-development before with regard to shooting in a SMALL PLAYER, let alone a point guard. 

i simply am being realistic in coming to the conclusion that since we've had five full years of rondo on the roster and he's getting consistently worse on shooting, that he's not ever going to master the monkey on his back.

so i said we should try to get him going on a hot streak and shop him to see what we can get.  if the offer is good then go for it.  having OLD PLAYERS with a POINT GUARD WHO CAN"T AND WON"T SHOOT, makes frequent double downs on said old players and sagging off of the incompetent shoooter = much more work for the old guys = not compatible with success.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: What I would do next year :  If he can't shoot by now, he'll never be able to shoot!!
    Posted by kyceltic

thank you.  and he's only gotten steadily and markedly worse the last two years straight!

Sections
Shortcuts