[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Move where and for who

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: What if.. ainge moves Rondo

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge has tried to move rondo before and more then once.  I know this board does not want to remember that and talk of moving rondo makes no friends here.

Without rondo the celtics are even worse then a .500 team.  I can put up with a few of his out burst a year, but I bet the talks of trading him come up again this season. As far as for who and to where, Ainge will figure that out.  Doc's post game interview on Rondo seemed sincere and I think he is sick of it.

His latest melt down was stupid.  The foul on kg was not anything out of the normal and imho kg hit did a lot acting to draw the foul.  KG cannot be that big of whimp that an arm coming down, sends him to the floor.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics record is better with Rondo than without.  Your other points are right on though. Rondo is a very good NBA player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ainge has tried to move rondo before and more then once.  I know this board does not want to remember that and talk of moving rondo makes no friends here.

Without rondo the celtics are even worse then a .500 team.  I can put up with a few of his out burst a year, but I bet the talks of trading him come up again this season. As far as for who and to where, Ainge will figure that out.  Doc's post game interview on Rondo seemed sincere and I think he is sick of it.

His latest melt down was stupid.  The foul on kg was not anything out of the normal and imho kg hit did a lot acting to draw the foul.  KG cannot be that big of whimp that an arm coming down, sends him to the floor.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics record is better with Rondo than without.  Your other points are right on though. Rondo is a very good NBA player.

[/QUOTE]

LINK?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Not that I am saying they are better without RR but last year I believe their record without RR was 8 wins 5 losses, and 1 win not losses in the playoffs,   the year before it was 9 wins and 5 losses.  I went thru this real quick so it may not be 100% accurate.  That comes out at about  18 wins and 10 losses .  64%

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LINK?

[/QUOTE]

They posted it on Comcast the night Rondo was suspended.  I don't remember the figures but it is better with Rondo.  Imagine them playing the Heat without Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LINK?

[/QUOTE]

They posted it on Comcast the night Rondo was suspended.  I don't remember the figures but it is better with Rondo.  Imagine them playing the Heat without Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

With Rondo, without, it also depends who comes back to us...so how can we measeure against something that is unknown??? Its not like, we are giving him up for nothing...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

One thing to keep in mind is that with Rondo, the Celts are a known commodity.  People know how to play them, what to expect.  Without him, the Celts play a game here or a game there.  The element of surprise or unknown also work in Celtics favor.  So the win-loss numbers without Rondo are misguiding.

Having said that, why would the Celts not move Rondo if they can get back more in return?  I think highly of Rondo but will trade him for LeBron without a thought (just as an example).  Just understand that players like Bass need to be playing with Rondo to be effective.  So a trade involving Rondo will require more changes.  And more time to establish chemistry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to The BIG TICKET's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Thank You, we can only hope......  The AAU top gun still can't shoot a jump shot or hit a clutch free throw !!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We might be better without Rondo.

It depends on who we get in return.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  But this comment is so non-specific that it is hard to disagree.  If you suggest who will you exchange Rondo for, there can be a better conversation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah there isn't a single guy I wouldnt want to trade if the Celtics got a better player back.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

The idea that Bass has to have a player like Rondo to be effective just isn't true. His numbers aren't all that different from his Magic days where he was a starter. He used to be an effective player against the Celtics and was coveted by Danny enough to let Seed(Seed of Shaq) go...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this should come as no surprise- the celtics have not kept any sort of a viable pure point guard back up since rondo was given the starter job.  so of course things suffer when there is absolutely no point guard on the floor and more work falls back to pierce and the courtney lee's of the roster have to try to fake it at the point

i am very ambivalent about rondo's "value" to this team.  here we are another year and it's LOW free throw attempts per game and lousy FT% for a man who is one of the fastest guards in the game and could easily draw 6 FTA's a night if he wanted to.  and let's be honest, we need rondo, the youngest and most effective "star" on the team, to be more assertive.  the team would not suffer if he put up the right 18-20 points a night.  the team would do better for it.

instead we have a rondo who is increasingly sitting back and "letting the game come to him" (kindest way to put it i can think of) and pounding the dots off the ball until the shot clock is low.  that's more work for everyone on this team.  we need more pace and we need more RONDO SCORING / DRIVING / DRAWING FOULS but he just won't do it.

so what is his TRUE worth to the team?  if anyone spends as much ball time as he does (is there an advanced stat on # of seconds per 24 that a PG has the ball?  if there is i bet rondo is #1 in the league in QUANTITY of seconds ball held) then they might as well be a real threat to score and not a passive scorer who avoids drawing contact despite superior quickness.

i've seen glimpses of rondo's greatness but a legend is not made of glimpses.  larry bird did not provide glimpses, he pinned the effort needle every second he was on the floor doing everything to improve himself and win.  rondo does give a lot of effort in many areas but provides oft sloppy defense gambling for steals and a total lack of aggressiveness on offense and we get shot clock expiring heaves and panic shots to show for it. 

this team will NOT go far in the playoffs even if rondo suddenly "starts trying to score" becuase his hot streak never lasts since he's never played like that for a whole season of his career.  if he applied himself to being the best player he could be then you are talking top five player in the league.  6 or 7 years in and we are still on the same page.....  potential does expire, into an ugly nugget of fool's gold

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

The idea that Bass has to have a player like Rondo to be effective just isn't true. His numbers aren't all that different from his Magic days where he was a starter. He used to be an effective player against the Celtics and was coveted by Danny enough to let Seed(Seed of Shaq) go...

[/QUOTE]

oh cripes.  bass was never "an effective starter' he was just something to plug in and go with because you had nothing else.  look at his rebounding numbers this year- worse than last year per minute.  he has long periods of time in games where he is invisible or lost within himself and his defense is inferior.  he has no flexibility to cover the 5 position and was a bad pickup for this team.

every so often you see a burst of something out of bass that, if he could do that 75% of the time, (be that effective) then he would be a good starter in the league.  but he isn't.  sullinger out rebounds him per minute at an embarrasingly large rate.  sullinger should be playing more of bass's minutes and i don't even think sully is necessarily "ready' for those minutes.

likewise, wilcox, shooting 75% from the floor and rebounding at an equal or better per minute pace than bass, should be getting more minutes.  bass is playing like a 20 minute a night guy, or less.  doc has a history of marrying himself to players who may or may not earn their minutes- like sheed for example. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh cripes.  bass was never "an effective starter' he was just something to plug in and go with because you had nothing else.  look at his rebounding numbers this year- worse than last year per minute.  he has long periods of time in games where he is invisible or lost within himself and his defense is inferior.  he has no flexibility to cover the 5 position and was a bad pickup for this team.

every so often you see a burst of something out of bass that, if he could do that 75% of the time, (be that effective) then he would be a good starter in the league.  but he isn't.  sullinger out rebounds him per minute at an embarrasingly large rate.  sullinger should be playing more of bass's minutes and i don't even think sully is necessarily "ready' for those minutes.

likewise, wilcox, shooting 75% from the floor and rebounding at an equal or better per minute pace than bass, should be getting more minutes.  bass is playing like a 20 minute a night guy, or less.  doc has a history of marrying himself to players who may or may not earn their minutes- like sheed for example. 

[/QUOTE]

First of all you are taking words from two different sentences that weren't coupled together to make a point about a 10 yr. journeyman player(Wilcox) who is one for a reason. I wrote that Bass was effective AGAINST the C's and is one of the main reasons why he is here. My main point was to dispell the myth that Rondo makes others better than they would be playing w/ anyone else. Why would journeyman Wilcox all of a sudden be starter material after 10 yrs? And who would be our back up Center if Wilcox takes Bass minutes? Play Sully

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

for Lebron James? sure. but you arent getting Lebron for Rondo. or Cp3. Cp3 is the only pg id trade for Rondo, btw.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for Lebron James? sure. but you arent getting Lebron for Rondo. or Cp3. Cp3 is the only pg id trade for Rondo, btw.

[/QUOTE]

that's what im talking about, ofcourse u trade players to upgrade not downgrade

acquiring CP3 and Jordan could be a enticing one  for Boston

trading Rondo, Pierce and Melo for CP3, Jordan and Butler is a fair trade for both teams

and then trade bass for picks and cash on dec 15

[/QUOTE]

im nvr gunna say no to a trade that makes the team better. BUT, what inventive does LA have to trade cp3 and jordan? they are playing great with them, and dont need a change. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo for CP3, upgrade or not?? 

Rondo Pierce and Melo for CP3, Butler and Jordan?? 

Paul/Terry/Barbosa

Lee/Bradley/Terry

Green/Butler/Bass

KG/Bass/Sully/Wilcox

Jordan/KG/Sully/Collins

"WHAT IF"

[/QUOTE]

Instant mediocrity!  And Danny ain't no fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

Sections
Shortcuts