What if Dwight Howard is available in two to three weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What if Dwight Howard is available in two to three weeks

I just heard JJ Adande on the radio suggest the possibility that Howard hates D'antoni's system. He said that if it appears Howard is still  unhappy and if the Lakers continue to knock around .500 they might cut their losses and consider trading him rather than losing him next year.  Crazy but possible. Howard can see that his type of play is not a good fit in LA.  How great would that be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: What if Dwight Howard is available in two to three weeks

I think that DH is very unhappy in LA at the moment.....however, like all of todays athletes, he is looking for the big money....if the Lakers don't trade him, I think he signs the big contract.....if they think he might leave then perhaps they might put him on the trading block...my question is this....if we were to acquire him...

1-would he guarantee a title...? (his history doesn't provide any hope of that)

2-would we give up too much for the next "savior"...?

my take....no way we see DH in a Celtic uniform....and that might be a good thing...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that DH is very unhappy in LA at the moment.....however, like all of todays athletes, he is looking for the big money....if the Lakers don't trade him, I think he signs the big contract.....if they think he might leave then perhaps they might put him on the trading block...my question is this....if we were to acquire him...

1-would he guarantee a title...? (his history doesn't provide any hope of that)

2-would we give up too much for the next "savior"...?

my take....no way we see DH in a Celtic uniform....and that might be a good thing...

[/QUOTE]

Duke,

I didn't say we would get him, although I would not rule it out as the Celtics are a much better fit being a defensive oriented team.  Certainly Dallas and the Nets would be interested.  A host of teams even the Knicks with Amare's contract or Chandler's.  Just thought it was an interesting development.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Safe to bet the house it won't happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to NYCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Safe to bet the house it won't happen.

[/QUOTE]

It is unlikely but a very interesting development considering JJ Adande is a laker insider.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

that makes a lot of sense....Howard is a great athlete but not a great basketball player....there is a difference (see Gerald Green).....since he is a center (certainly a vanishing breed) he is looked upon as a franchise player...he is now in his 9th year and is still looking for a ring...that is not to say it's all on him...Shaq didn't win right away...but take a look back on some of the big men that entered the league and immediately changed their teams for the better....here are several names

Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Willis Reed, Wes Unseld, Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Moses Malone...

these guys translated to championships (Wilt obviously underachieved with his talent).....the game seems to be changing....bigger and stronger athletes...? absolutely....but does their "game" equate to championships? ...not so much....Bynum is another example of a talented big man that doesn't have enough game to change his team....I mean, does anyone think he wins a title without Kobe and Pau...?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Contrary to many of my Laker breathrens beliefs  Dwight appears to be a very unhappy person.  He doesn't like to play with our leader Kobe Bean.  Most players probably don't.  Even as he is putting up pretty good numbers this year this act is getting old. Dwight will play the season out and look to do just as these other young players have done lately.  Who knows he may just slide right over into the Clipper uniforms.  Can you imagine adding him to a real team like the Clips?  He is young enough to take a short contract with someone and reup later for the home team salary.   I doubt my Lakers will trade him because we will want the farm for him and no one is going to give it to us.

Go Lakers!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts