Re: What if?
posted at 3/10/2013 10:04 PM EDT
Ok, I will play.
1. Pierce makes the Nets a few wins better than Wallace did, so they get the #8 pick. Ainge gambles on Drummond the same way he did in the real situation with Melo.
2. C's play Mayo, Avery and Rondo a lot in a 3 guard lineup, are interesting, get the 8th seed b/c RR and KG will them there. Lose to Bulls in 5. Rose never blows out his ACL.
3. Bulls and Heat play epic ECF series
4. Celtics own pick is #15, where they take Moe Harkless.
5. At pick 22 they take Sully (assuming that he is still there 1 pick after we actually drafted him)
6. Rondo, Mayo (QO around 5m), Avery, JJJ, Moore and 3 rookies put the C's at 30 million under the cap.
7. None of the top restricted free agents moved, its a TERRIBLE summer to have that cap space. I'd have just signed and traded KG for Bledsoe and Jordan if possible. Then still had 20m under the cap. I'd have signed Green for 4/30, which he still would have taken. Had 13m in cap space and signed Ryan Anderson for the same 4/34 he just got.
8. We'd still have 4-6 million in space, so Stiemsma? Delfino?
C - Jordan, Drummond, Stiemsma
PF - Anderson, Sully, JJJ
SF - Green, Harkless, Delfino
SG - Mayo, Avery, Moore
PG - Rondo, Bledsoe