What if?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

What if?

I do really love to play the "what if" game. Imagine if Danny had, in fact, made the two deadline deals last season that had looked to be possible. PP to Jersey for the eventual #6 pick, and Ray to the Grizz for their top pick and Mayo. Would have given the C's Picks #6, 21,22,25 and their 2nd rounder. All that plus KG coming off the books and only Rondo making any real money. I'm interested as to how some of our wannabe GM's (not an insult) would have used those assets to make a team this season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: What if?

A point that's been brought up on numerous occasions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ok, I will play.

1. Pierce makes the Nets a few wins better than Wallace did, so they get the #8 pick. Ainge gambles on Drummond the same way he did in the real situation with Melo.

2. C's play Mayo, Avery and Rondo a lot in a 3 guard lineup, are interesting, get the 8th seed b/c RR and KG will them there. Lose to Bulls in 5. Rose never blows out his ACL.

3. Bulls and Heat play epic ECF series

4. Celtics own pick is #15, where they take Moe Harkless.

5. At pick 22 they take Sully (assuming that he is still there 1 pick after we actually drafted him)

6. Rondo, Mayo (QO around 5m), Avery, JJJ, Moore and 3 rookies put the C's at 30 million under the cap.

7. None of the top restricted free agents moved, its a TERRIBLE summer to have that cap space. I'd have just signed and traded KG for Bledsoe and Jordan if possible. Then still had 20m under the cap. I'd have signed Green for 4/30, which he still would have taken. Had 13m in cap space and signed Ryan Anderson for the same 4/34 he just got.

8. We'd still have 4-6 million in space, so Stiemsma? Delfino?

C - Jordan, Drummond, Stiemsma

PF - Anderson, Sully, JJJ

SF - Green, Harkless, Delfino

SG - Mayo, Avery, Moore

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

But I'd have rather they only made the Ray trade. Then also moved Wilcox and a 2nd rd pick for JJ hickson, who was being given away by the Kings.

C - KG, Steamer/Hollins

PF - Bass, Hickson

SF - Pierce, Pietrus

SG - Avery, Mayo

PG - Rondo, Dooling

Hickson and Mayo over a gimpy Ray and Pietrus or Hollins at the 4 likely puts us in the finals, maybe even champions?

Then I'd draft Sully and either Moultrie or Perry Jones over Melo. Sign and trade Bass for 1 year (w/ JJJ and Moore) to OKC for Perk, saving them the cash to keep Harden. Still use the MLE on Terry with so much youth at guard.

C - KG, Perk

Pf - Hickson, Sully/Wilcox/ Moultrie or Jones

SF - Pierce, Green

SG - Mayo, Avery

PG - Rondo, Jet

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.