What is Fernandez worth to you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

What is Fernandez worth to you?

What will you guys give up to get him to Boston? Is he that good to give up a first round pick or several? Sheed's contract? ... 

http://celticshub.com/2010/07/28/source-cs-in-lead-position-in-rudy-fernandez-trade-talks/
    (I copied the question from the website above, I thought it might be interesting to see what you guys think)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?

S & T for Scal.   Or include Pryzbilla for Sheed and draft pick.  This and Sheed would be immense!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The only way I take Fernandez is getting Pryzbilla with him and not giving up a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?:
    If it's just a trade involving Rudy then either a #1 draft pick and cash or a S&T for Scal or Scott Pollard & P J Brown will get it done. Otherwise there has to be more players involved.
    Posted by Mployee8

Are you high on drugs tonight? 

Scott Pollard and PJ Brown? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : I assure you I am of one sound mind and body unlike the multiple personalities that you mascarade under on these threads. I'll remind you that Pollard and Brown are still Celtic property on the books for $850k each and thus could be used in a trade and then renounced . Does that seem crazy to you?
    Posted by Mployee8

Post the link where it says the Celtics can use PJ Brown and Scott Pollard for trades.

You can't trade a retired player. Since you know some Spanish I think you know what the word "loco" means. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Not much. He wasn't too productive with the Blazers. He lost playing time and rode the "pine" for a good while.

Why would the Celtics want him? The only positive about this guy is his height.

He couldn't throw it in the Pacific even if he was on a pleasure boat.

PASS!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No Es Tu Loco mi amigo!!! El Valor en numero nada, por Senor Fernandez....Or in english I place no value on Fernandez... He might well wind up in a Celtic Uniform but I like trading both Pollard and PJ Brown as well if there is  a way to do that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Let's see who's right shall we Fierce? I say that a retired player can come back any time he wants under an existing contract or a new one as long as he hasn't filed papers with the league office. And I can provide a link as soon as you post your proof and link that I am wrong. As far as Brown & Pollard go ... here's a link that proves they are still Celtic property and on our cap holds at $850k each. If they will sign a new contract on behalf of the C's for a signing bonus then they can be waived/renounced by the acquiring team after a trade. http://www.hoopdata.com/salaries/BOS.aspx Scroll down to "Other Cap Holds" ... TA, Daniels & SWill s/b removed from that list soon as they've resigned with other teams.
    Posted by Mployee8

Are you out of your mind! 

YOU CANNOT TRADE CAP HOLDS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Even if the Celtics manage to give Pollard and PJ Brown contracts they would not able to trade them because after a free agent is signed you can't trade him for 3 months.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : No sheet hemlock ... you must resign and trade them. Is that too involved for your three personalties to comprehend?
    Posted by Mployee8

Fine, re-sign them. But you still can't trade them because after a free agent is signed he can't be traded for 3 months. 

It's nonsense to sign retired players just so you can trade them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : I'll remind you that the Lakers resigned and traded a coach on another team that was still on their books to make the Gasol trade work ... remember Fierce?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Are you really that stupid? Aaron McKie was on their books but PJ Brown and Scott Pollard are not. 

So let me get this straight, sign PJ Brown or Scott Pollard then wait 3 months to trade them for Rudy Fernandez, is that what you're saying?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : That's what a S&T is Fierce. You resign your own player and trade him ... Hello?

I can't believe you're that stupid to even come up with the idea of a sign and trade for PJ Brown and Scott Pollard. Is there a team out there dumb enough to pay 800k for a player that is retired? You are crazy!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : /> The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Pau Gasol in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. The Lakers will also receive the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis will receive forward Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today) , the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010. Read it and weep! The Lakers signed and trades McKie that day ... Gee, did they wait three months? No! Get your facts straight before posting your drivel or don't post ... your nonsensical arguments do nothing but misinform other readers here. Why they give you any credibility is beyond me!

That trade does not fall under the Sign and Trade agreement. 

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

The Celtics can trade Lafayette and Gaffney so why make it difficult?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Yes, according to you! The C's could resign those players for $850k each and trade them to Portland for Rudy ... it would not cost the Trailblazers a penny since we are swapping salaries remember. They renounce them and get cap relief and we spent $1.7m to get Rudy. Like the Lakers did with McKie but that was dumb right?

They can but why go to that extent when players like Tony Gaffney and Oliver Lafayette can be used instead. Both players have a salary of 762k each.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Still waiting for your response and proof that "you can't sign a retired player"... how bout it Fierce, can't back up your statements?

You really want to give PJ Brown or Scott Pollard the vet's minimum just so that they can be used as trade bait? Don't forget the Celtics are over the cap, they only have the vet's minimum left to fill out the roster. 

Sections
Shortcuts