What is Fernandez worth to you?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?:
    In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Your right ... the point was that the C's can sign and trade any assets that they have under existing contract or by resigning players that they still hold the rts to. Granted, if those players wanted to come back after their contracts expired they could be free agents and sign with anyone. But if they want to help the C's they can be apart of a S&T if they agree to it. And those two players cap hold fits the $ needed for a S&T for Rudy. It's just an exercise in what could be done.
    Posted by Mployee8

Once again IT DOES NOT FALL UNDER THE SIGN AND TRADE AGREEMENT! All sign and trade deals must have the signed player under contract for 3 years with the 1st year guaranteed. 

The Celtics can't sign PJ Brown or Scott Pollard for 800k anymore because they would have to be signed for the minimum salary if they were signed again. That's according to your data. 

40Dana Barros$854,389Minimum Salary
    41P.J. Brown$854,389Minimum Salary
    42Mark Bryant$854,389Minimum Salary
    43Grant Long$854,389Minimum Salary
    44Michael Olowokandi$854,389Minimum Salary
    45Scot Pollard$854,389Minimum Salary

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : I said it could be done - you're the one attcking me saying I was wrong - FO!
    Posted by Mployee8

It can't be done because the Celtics are over the cap, thus can't sign anyone anymore. Unless of course you want the Celtics to sign PJ or Scott for the vet's minimum. Do you really want to do that?

Aaron McKie was signed because the Lakers had the cap space to sign him at that time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Not much. He wasn't too productive with the Blazers. He lost playing time and rode the "pine" for a good while. Why would the Celtics want him? The only positive about this guy is his height. He couldn't throw it in the Pacific even if he was on a pleasure boat. PASS!
    Posted by Waynestarr

-

What's all da fuss about.

The guy shoots about 36.5% overall, floor and 3's.  Where's the upgrade?

Waynes's wright on dis one.

PASS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

The Celtics can trade Lafayette and Gaffney so why make it difficult?
    Posted by Tachometrix

It is difficult because Portland doesn't have to trade him. He WANTS to be traded, but so what?  If he goes to Spain, no one gets him.  If he stays in Portland, they have his rights for 2 or 3 more years.  NOPE, this one will cost us.  Which is why many of us are speculating another piece needs to be involved, like Pryzbilla (sp?).

And let's not forget Portland may still be PO'd at us for the whole Darius Miles incident!  Do you really think those two borderline players will net us Fernandez?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I don't believe either player is on the books, I don't care what you say...

Fernandez would be better than Marquis or Delonte (or Reddick)

I would give up a #1 and #2 plus whatever player matched. I think Scal would take whatever Portland would give him, just to go play in Portland...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Not much. He wasn't too productive with the Blazers. He lost playing time and rode the "pine" for a good while. Why would the Celtics want him? The only positive about this guy is his height. He couldn't throw it in the Pacific even if he was on a pleasure boat. PASS!
    Posted by Waynestarr

I can't believe what I'm reading. this is the same guy who broke the rookie record for 3-pointers made (at a 40% clip), and lit up the redeem team in the gold medal match. If we get him, it more than makes up for losing TA

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Light Sabre, just making assertions - even if you put them in bold and larger type - is not the least bit convincing if you provide NO evidence to support your assertion.

As for signing Brown and Pollard for the vet minimum, why would the Cetics NOT want to do so?  Once the players are traded, the Celtics could sign other free agents for the vet minimum, so it's not like the team would be losing anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't think Fernandez would be better than Delonte West in a reserve role for the 2010-11 C's. West can play both guard positions well now and is a good defender.  If he's playing it for next year West makes more sense in my view

Rudy has skills that are still developing with potential to be a starter in some eyes.  Rudy doesn't have the baggage West has either.  It's posssible DA may have more than this upcoming season in mind even though he's put a lot of eggs in that basket.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjmakz. Show tjmakz's posts

Boston has no rights to Scott Pollard or PJ Brown. They are listed as Cap Holds because this is the last team they played for. This is to prevent a player from sitting out a year and trying to circumvent Salary Cap rules. If you click on the Lakers page on that link that was referenced, (hoopdata or hoopsdata.com) the Lakers are showing Cap Holds for Karl Malone and many other players that are LONG retired. Also, the data on this website is not updated regularly.

The Veterans Minimum can be used as many times as a team needs in a year to get to a minimum of 13 players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Minimum Salary Exception: Teams can sign players for the NBA's minimum salary even if they are over the cap, for up to two years in length. The contract may not contain a signing bonus. This exception also allows minimum-salary players to be acquired via trade. There is no limit to the number of players that can be signed or acquired using this exception.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Thanks, Croc, for posting that.  I was pretty sure that was the case, but was unwilling to merely assert it.

And now I see that what Mployee8 has been talking about with regard to Light Sabre and Connecting Rod.  If those two aren't the same poster, I'll eat my hat.

What I can't figure out is why would someone post under two different names.  Is it a pathetic attempt to make it seem that someone else is in agreement with his opinions?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Unfortunately you misunderstood what croc posted. The vet's minimum can only be used once every season. Once the Celtics use the vet's minimum it's gone. The Celtics can use the vet's minimum for other free agents, why waste it on trade fillers.
    Posted by LightSaber

There is no limit to the number of FA's that can be signed with the vet min.  They could theoretically use it 15 times to fill in a roster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Thanks, Croc, for posting that.  I was pretty sure that was the case, but was unwilling to merely assert it. And now I see that what Mployee8 has been talking about with regard to Light Sabre and Connecting Rod.  If those two aren't the same poster, I'll eat my hat. What I can't figure out is why would someone post under two different names.  Is it a pathetic attempt to make it seem that someone else is in agreement with his opinions?
    Posted by jerrycole

Mployee8 is very good at copying and pasting articles from other websites. But when it comes to his predictions and theories he's a fraud. If you read some of his posts you will understand why there are people who disagree with him. And he never admits to being wrong about anything. 

He's the guy that said Brendan Haywood, after signing a 55m 6 year deal, will be traded after 3 years. Same guy that said that Qyntel Woods will be back in the NBA this season. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

U nfortunately you misunderstood what croc posted. The vet's minimum can only be used once every season . Once the Celtics use the vet's minimum it's gone. The Celtics can use the vet's minimum for other free agents, why waste it on trade fillers. In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : There is no limit to the number of FA's that can be signed with the vet min.  They could theoretically use it 15 times to fill in a roster. Posted by BirdandCowens Yes, that's correct. The problem is the vet's minimum is only 1.3m, more or less, so if you sign 2 players with 1.3m that's 650k each. Not really practical because there are still free agents out there worth the full 1.3m. Vet's minimum can only be used once every season if you're over the salary cap. What's wrong with this conversation Tacky One? How can you read this and not step up to the plate and correct the missinformation your buddy is posting? 'llI tell you why - he's a fraud for acting like he know's what he's talking about and you're more of a fraud for not correcting him as you're too lazy to check youself - you let croc do that for you, you lazy SOB!
    Posted by Mployee8

I'm incorrect?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : Yes, that's correct. The problem is the vet's minimum is only 1.3m, more or less, so if you sign 2 players with 1.3m that's 650k each. Not really practical because there are still free agents out there worth the full 1.3m. Vet's minimum can only be used once every season if you're over the salary cap.

Posted by LightSaber

No, you  are confusing the MLE with the vet min.  The MLE can be used only once per year, for teams over the cap (teams under the cap don't have one).  The Celtics used it on Jermaine this year, and  Sheed last year.   It is about 5.5 mill. There is also the bi-annual exception,  for about 2 mill.  We used this last year on Daniels.  We don't have it this year.  Lastly, there is the vet min, of about 1.3.  EACH player can get 1.3.  Shelden got this last year.  All those guys signing with the Heat?  Vet min, EACH making 1.3.  A team does not have a limit on the number of 1.3 mill contracts it can give out, provided it doesn't exceed the roster limit of 15.  Hope that clarifys it.  It 's a confusing thing anyway, so no big deal.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : And, the VM cannot be split .... correct me on that B&C if I'm wrong will ya? And: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q73 /> a team over the cap can trade a second round draft pick to another team in exchange for a minimum-salary player, even a 10-year veteran earning over $1 million. To qualify, the player can be signed for no more than two seasons, can be paid no more than the then-minimum salary in any season, and can have no bonuses. When a team acquires multiple players in the same trade, it essentially ignores the incoming salary for all minimum-salary players, as they fall under the Minimum Salary exception. For example, a team is over the cap and trades a $5 million player, receiving in return a $6 million player and two players earning $1 million each on minimum-salary contracts. The team trading the $5 million player can accept only $6.35 million in return (125% plus $100,000 of $5 million), and the three incoming players combine for $8 million in salary. However, the two $1 million players are covered by the Minimum Salary exception, so only the $6 million player is traded with the Traded Player exception. Since $6 million is within the team's $6.35 million limit using the Traded Player exception, the trade is allowed.< I may have indicated that the C's could give old players a signing bonus to be used in a S&T and guess what? I WAS WRONG! I forget stuff too but noone here called me out on it ... just as noone here EVER calls Fierce out on any of his nonsense .... I'll be off this board soon, and not back until next year ... same time same place. At least you guys can do is call others out and make them post some evidence that what they conjure up is indeed right before other posters go off on a tangent like "yeah, trade Sheed and then resign him in Feb for the playoffs." Who started that unbased rumor - no doubt the usual character/s!
    Posted by Mployee8

You're also wrong that the VM can't be split. 

Minimum Salary Exception: Teams can sign players for the NBA's minimum salary even if they are over the cap, for up to two years in length. In the case of two-year contracts, the second-season salary is the minimum salary for that season. The contract may not contain a signing bonus. This exception also allows minimum-salary players to be acquired via trade. There is no limit to the number of players that can be signed or acquired using this exception.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts