What is Fernandez worth to you?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?:
    [QUOTE]I thought that both House and Pollard were signed using VM contracts. House got a 1 year deal for $1.5m and Posey got a two year deal with the 2nd being a PO for about $3.5m/yr. Posey and House may have split the MLE which is allowable but if the C's needed to sign another player with the VM as they did Pollard ($1.2m) they could have. Sorry you disagree ... why don't you get a copy of the actual CBA and check out the details. I'm sure it goes into more detail there than most of the stuff you'll find posted on the net ... can't wait to see what you find out. Post the link will you so I can review it as well.  
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

No need, you and I are correct.  The thing is team's usually have about  12 or 13 players under contract, so they only need 1 vet min.  But you CAN use it more than once if you have to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?

In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Fernandez worth to you? : You can use the vet's minimum more than once if you're under the cap. If the team is over the cap it's called the vet's minimum exception. And can only be used once because it's an exception.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ:
    Minimum Salary Exception: Teams can sign players for the NBA's minimum salary even if they are over the cap, for up to two years in length. In the case of two-year contracts, the second-season salary is the minimum salary for that season. The contract may not contain a signing bonus. This exception also allows minimum-salary players to be acquired via trade. There is no limit to the number of players that can be signed or acquired using this exception.

That means, quite plainly, WE can sign as many players as we want for the vet min.