What is going to happen with Avery Bradley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley?

Bradley is still recovering from surgery. He had a shot to be part of the rotation before Delonte West was signed. Right now I think he's going to have to spend time in the NBDL. He's better off in the NBDL playing than sitting on the bench in the NBA. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

He will be around the NBA to start as Delonte is suspended for i believe the first 10 games of the season isn't he?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Even if he was healthy, I don't think he would have seen much playing time since we have Nate and Delonte, so him being injured just makes it even harder for him to make the rotation.

Unfortunately, he will just ride the pine, because we all know Doc is not too thrilled in developing young talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well no one knows what his actual game skills are in relation to the NBA level of play. However Doc traditionally doesn't play rookies more than garbage time minutes,so even if he is the proverbial star in the making his first year will be spent learning from the practice courts and by watching how the big boys do it on the court in game situations. He may get some time in at Portland with the Lobsters but it will be only so he can practice what he's learning while with the C's....Next year will be a different story he will probably move into the role of b/u 2 guard and getting some additional minutes at the PG position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

Like any other rookie he first needs to prove he belongs in the NBA.  If he impresses in practice then he will get minutes plain and simple. 

You also have to keep in mind the C's have been contenders the past 3 years.  They have to put veterans and players they can trust on the floor.  Compare that to the 3 years prior when it was more about seeing what we have and giving the kids a chance. 

But it will be interesting to see how it plays out given that AB is by far the most highly touted rookie in the new Big 3 era. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I just want to see him play defense.  I know basically nothing about the guy except that he is so tenacious that opposing PGs practically give up at half time.  If he makes one steal or block against Derek Fisher then he's OK in my book.

BTW, what 'talent' has Doc underutilized or failed to develop?  Billy Walker is the only guy I can think of.  What young 'talent'?  Sebastian Telfair?  I think Rondo and Glen Davis have developed quite nicely under Doc/Danny.  They're talented and they work their testicles off so they play and stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

With Nate and Delonte there may not be too much time to be had this year but the word on this kid is he can create his own shot, can elevate and has a great release.  He is NBA ready on the defensive end.  He is undersized for SG and doesn't have PG skills so maybe he will be honing those in the D league for a year.  I have heard comparisons to Monta Ellis or a smaller Michael Redd.  The lockdown D and ability to get his shot off means he will likely find a home somewhere.  Sounds like a good pick.

He was the number 1 high school prospect 2 years ago ranked ahead of John Wall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He'll probably be sent to the D.League unless there's an injury to a 1 or 2 guard. I'd rather see a young talented player get playing time in the D.league than sitting on the bench. He's only 19 or 20 years old, so a year in the D.league could be very helpful.
       I like to think of the D.league like a triple A team in baseball. It's a great system to develop talented young players until they're ready for the big leagues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley?:
    [QUOTE]With Nate and Delonte there may not be too much time to be had this year but the word on this kid is he can create his own shot, can elevate and has a great release.  He is NBA ready on the defensive end.  He is undersized for SG and doesn't have PG skills so maybe he will be honing those in the D league for a year.  I have heard comparisons to Monta Ellis or a smaller Michael Redd.  The lockdown D and ability to get his shot off means he will likely find a home somewhere.  Sounds like a good pick. He was the number 1 high school prospect 2 years ago ranked ahead of John Wall.
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

Delonte West's contract is not even guaranteed.  I am not sure he has any game left - the kid is an emotional wreck and obviously has some psychological problems.  If the average Joe did what he did, Joe would be facing 5 years.

Avery, like most other tweeners who can't shoot and who were drafted later in the first round, will be a back up at both the point and the two and in a few years we will all find out that he can do everything Rondo can do - handle the ball, beat people off the dribble, defend the ball, and NOT shoot.  Avery just won't have Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen to make him look better than he is, as Rondo has had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : Delonte West's contract is not even guaranteed.  I am not sure he has any game left - the kid is an emotional wreck and obviously has some psychological problems.  If the average Joe did what he did, Joe would be facing 5 years. Avery, like most other tweeners who can't shoot and who were drafted later in the first round, will be a back up at both the point and the two and in a few years we will all find out that he can do everything Rondo can do - handle the ball, beat people off the dribble, defend the ball, and NOT shoot.  Avery just won't have Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen to make him look better than he is, as Rondo has had.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Ever the optimist, Dudder returns from his hiatus to try to rain on our parade.  Here's a guarantee for you - Delonte West will make this team.
    You have no idea about what Bradley can or can't do, he hasn't played yet!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : Ever the optimist, Dudder returns from his hiatus to try to rain on our parade.  Here's a guarantee for you - Delonte West will make this team. You have no idea about what Bradley can or can't do, he hasn't played yet!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

I am not raining on any parades, I simply stated a fact - West's contract is not even guaranteed.  If he is in shape and focussed he will definitely make the team.  He will likely run the second unit and run the first unit at crunch time - let's just hope he doesn't skip his meds.

You may or may not have heard of this new fangled idea - SCOUTING.  It is when a team has people on its' staff to evaluate players in college and around the globe.  By all accounts Bradley is an excellent on the ball defender, can't shoot a lick from the line, but does have some mid-range game.  He does not have innate point guard skills and is too small to effectively play the 2 especially since his jumper is suspect at best.  Are the scouting results going to simply be ignored and become moot and untrue because we have not seem him play yet?   By all accounts when Rondo was coming out, there was a notion that he could not shoot and was a bit immature and not coachable.... boy those scouts were way off - duh!

SO PLEASE DON'T TELL WHAT I KNOW AND DON'T KNOW.  If Bradley had real game and was not a tweener, he would not have been around when the C's drafted him.  And for the very same reasons, that is why D West and T Allen were available when the Cs drafted them later in the first round.

I think this team, healthy, has a legitimate shot to be a title contender.  Any reasonably significant injuries to any of the big 3 and they don't have much of a chance.  My guess is 55 wins with a lot of conservation of minutes for the big 3 and Shamaine O'Neal.  That means losses that nobody would expect but as a result of tanking games for the sake of being ready for the playoffs will happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : I am not raining on any parades, I simply stated a fact - West's contract is not even guaranteed.  If he is in shape and focussed he will definitely make the team.  He will likely run the second unit and run the first unit at crunch time - let's just hope he doesn't skip his meds. You may or may not have heard of this new fangled idea - SCOUTING.  It is when a team has people on its' staff to evaluate players in college and around the globe.  By all accounts Bradley is an excellent on the ball defender, can't shoot a lick from the line, but does have some mid-range game.  He does not have innate point guard skills and is too small to effectively play the 2 especially since his jumper is suspect at best.  Are the scouting results going to simply be ignored and become moot and untrue because we have not seem him play yet?   By all accounts when Rondo was coming out, there was a notion that he could not shoot and was a bit immature and not coachable.... boy those scouts were way off - duh! SO PLEASE DON'T TELL WHAT I KNOW AND DON'T KNOW.  If Bradley had real game and was not a tweener, he would not have been around when the C's drafted him.  And for the very same reasons, that is why D West and T Allen were available when the Cs drafted them later in the first round. I think this team, healthy, has a legitimate shot to be a title contender.  Any reasonably significant injuries to any of the big 3 and they don't have much of a chance.  My guess is 55 wins with a lot of conservation of minutes for the big 3 and Shamaine O'Neal.  That means losses that nobody would expect but as a result of tanking games for the sake of being ready for the playoffs will happen.

First you said he can't shoot, then you said he has  some mid-range game.  In the next sentence, you say his jumper is suspect at best.  Covering all your choices well, Dud.  Nice job!  FT shooting can be improved.  Ask Kevin McHale and Magic Johnson ( not comparing Bradley to them by any means).
    Before the draft, Bradley was projected as a lottery pick, and the second best point guard after John Wall.  He injured his ankle during the "scouting" process, and fell into the Celtics lap at 19.  If he turns out to be as good as Delonte West, that will be a good thing, since Danny never wanted to trade Delonte in the first place.
    I have said before, I will be extremely disappointed if we don't win 60 games this year.  This team can do that AND rest the starters at the same time.  When Perk and Sheed (yes, I think he returns in Feb) come back, some players will be expendable, and we should be even better come playoff time.
    When you go on one of your rants, please remember who are talking to, and lay off the sarcasm.  I know at least as much about the game as you do, if not significantly more.
    Have a great day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

D-LEAGUE IF AND WHEN THE ANKLE CAN GO !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]  D-LEAGUE IF AND WHEN THE ANKLE CAN GO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    I disagree.  With Perkins out, the roster will be 14.  We can dress 12 and have 13 on the active roster.  There is also a max number of 2 we can send to the D-League.  According to all those who think Bradley will be in the D-Leauge, that means Harangody and/or Erdan makes the team.  There may be a rotation of the 3 players, but at least for the first 10 games, I think Bradley will stick.
    Lastly, if JON or any of the other "bigs" get hurt, look for Erdan to stick for a while.  DRESSING 12 - 15 on the roster, Perk and DWest are out, do the math.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : First you said he can't shoot, then you said he has  some mid-range game.  In the next sentence, you say his jumper is suspect at best.  Covering all your choices well, Dud.  Nice job!  FT shooting can be improved.  Ask Kevin McHale and Magic Johnson ( not comparing Bradley to them by any means). Before the draft, Bradley was projected as a lottery pick, and the second best point guard after John Wall.  He injured his ankle during the "scouting" process, and fell into the Celtics lap at 19.  If he turns out to be as good as Delonte West, that will be a good thing, since Danny never wanted to trade Delonte in the first place. I have said before, I will be extremely disappointed if we don't win 60 games this year.  This team can do that AND rest the starters at the same time.  When Perk and Sheed (yes, I think he returns in Feb) come back, some players will be expendable, and we should be even better come playoff time. When you go on one of your rants, please remember who are talking to, and lay off the sarcasm.  I know at least as much about the game as you do, if not significantly more. Have a great day!

Gerald Green fell into their lap at 18....  Bradley was the highest rated player in high school a couple of years ago but his weaknesses have not been addressed and yes he fell into their lap.

I was not trying to cover myself.... Kevin Martin in Houston has a tremendous mid-range game and is also a pure shooter.  Bradley has some mid-range game but that hardly makes him a shooter.  I am not saying that Bradley won't be as good as West but as I have read on this forum for years and will likely continue to read "Danny is a genius when it comes to the draft" "the steal of the draft", etc.  There are typically very good reasons why guys slide.  If Rondo could shoot he would not have been there at 21.  As I said in my first post, I think we will find in a couple of years that Bradley can do just about everything Rondo can do - does that not imply almost by definition that he can be as good as West? 

I think we may be splitting hairs between 55 and 60 wins and I think 'sheed is back if J O is not healthy (which is pretty likely).  I just can't imagine 'sheed sitting around for six months an unlimited supply of pot and enough money to buy 10 life time supplies of twinkies and ring dings and then coming and making any effective contribution.

Maybe if KG and Paul can stay healthy they are 5 games better than last year, maybe 10 - that gets us in the ball park - 2nd, 3rd, 4th seed.  First round at home and then hope for health.

p.s. foul shooting can be improved and it can detoriorate - check #9 for example.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

Actually, Avery Bradley is a stud. I believe he was drafted as the back-up to Rondo and will be groomed as his heir apparant. He was a McDonald's All American - winning their Slam Dunk Contest; Jordan All American; First-Team Parade Magazine All American; ESPNRISE.com High School National Player of The Year, leading his Findley Prep team to the National Championship at 33-0. He averaged 19.1 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 2.9 steals. He was ranked as the #1 overall prospect by ESPNU - yes, ahead of John Wall. He scored 21 points in 29 minutes, on 10 of 14 shooting, for the USA Junior Select Team at the Nike Hoop Summit.
    As a Texas Longhorn freshman he was selected by the league coaches to the All Rookie team; on the Big 12 All-Freshman Team and Big 12 Honorable Mention with 11.6 ppg, 44 steals, 37.5 % shooting from three-point range and recorded an impressive 18 blocks. Posted season highs in points (29) and rebounds (9) vs. Colorado, shooting 12-of-14 from the field and 3-for-3 from three-point range. Recorded 25 points and five rebounds vs. Nebraska. Had 24 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals at Iowa State, converting 10-for-14 shots. Totaled 21 points and three steals at Oklahoma, shooting 9-of-16 from the field.

"Strengths: Quick and explosive athlete, who plays bigger than his height. Excellent defender. Can create his own shot and score off the dribble. Solid mid-range shooter."
    I doubt if Danny wasted this steal in the draft to use as trade bait. In a couple of seasons I predict we'll all be glad he's a Celtic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE] Actually, Avery Bradley is a stud. I believe he was drafted as the back-up to Rondo and will be groomed as his heir apparant. He was a McDonald's All American - winning their Slam Dunk Contest; Jordan All American; First-Team Parade Magazine All American; ESPNRISE.com High School National Player of The Year, leading his Findley Prep team to the National Championship at 33-0. He averaged 19.1 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 2.9 steals. He was ranked as the #1 overall prospect by ESPNU - yes, ahead of John Wall. He scored 21 points in 29 minutes, on 10 of 14 shooting, for the USA Junior Select Team at the Nike Hoop Summit. As a Texas Longhorn freshman he was selected by the league coaches to the All Rookie team; on the Big 12 All-Freshman Team and Big 12 Honorable Mention with 11.6 ppg, 44 steals, 37.5 % shooting from three-point range and recorded an impressive 18 blocks. Posted season highs in points (29) and rebounds (9) vs. Colorado, shooting 12-of-14 from the field and 3-for-3 from three-point range. Recorded 25 points and five rebounds vs. Nebraska. Had 24 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals at Iowa State, converting 10-for-14 shots. Totaled 21 points and three steals at Oklahoma, shooting 9-of-16 from the field. "Strengths: Quick and explosive athlete, who plays bigger than his height. Excellent defender. Can create his own shot and score off the dribble. Solid mid-range shooter." I doubt if Danny wasted this steal in the draft to use as trade bait. In a couple of seasons I predict we'll all be glad he's a Celtic.
    Posted by TheRedStain[/QUOTE]

Great post, and I agree!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] Actually, Avery Bradley is a stud. I believe he was drafted as the back-up to Rondo and will be groomed as his heir apparant. He was a McDonald's All American - winning their Slam Dunk Contest; Jordan All American; First-Team Parade Magazine All American; ESPNRISE.com High School National Player of The Year, leading his Findley Prep team to the National Championship at 33-0. He averaged 19.1 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 2.9 steals. He was ranked as the #1 overall prospect by ESPNU - yes, ahead of John Wall. He scored 21 points in 29 minutes, on 10 of 14 shooting, for the USA Junior Select Team at the Nike Hoop Summit. As a Texas Longhorn freshman he was selected by the league coaches to the All Rookie team; on the Big 12 All-Freshman Team and Big 12 Honorable Mention with 11.6 ppg, 44 steals, 37.5 % shooting from three-point range and recorded an impressive 18 blocks. Posted season highs in points (29) and rebounds (9) vs. Colorado, shooting 12-of-14 from the field and 3-for-3 from three-point range. Recorded 25 points and five rebounds vs. Nebraska. Had 24 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals at Iowa State, converting 10-for-14 shots. Totaled 21 points and three steals at Oklahoma, shooting 9-of-16 from the field. "Strengths: Quick and explosive athlete, who plays bigger than his height. Excellent defender. Can create his own shot and score off the dribble. Solid mid-range shooter." I doubt if Danny wasted this steal in the draft to use as trade bait. In a couple of seasons I predict we'll all be glad he's a Celtic.
    Posted by TheRedStain[/QUOTE]

High school / college studs:  Augustin, Felton, Jameer Nelson, Marcus Williams (U Conn), D West, blah blah blah....

I am not saying that Bradley won't be a stud, he may well be.

I am already glad he is a Celtic, no need to wait a couple of years.

I think this forum should try to use terms with at least some level of definition:  players are quite often annointed great, steals in the draft, tweeners, etc.

Steals in the draft are Gilbert Arenas type players, not players that are annointed at the press conference and go on to become 6th men or role players.

The term great is thrown around on this board way too much - it really cheapens the truly great players, e.g. people talk about how Rondo is a great player - what does that mean Larry Bird was?

I like Bradley and I want to see him be a very solid contributor in the not too distant future but I am not ready to say stud.  Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams - studs, Bradley - not so much - YET.

NCAA Weekly Performers, 3/25/10
    March 25, 2010
    Joseph Treutlein

Avery Bradley has had an inconsistent freshman season, not unlike many of his teammates and the Texas Longhorns as a whole. Bradley’s shots and production fluctuated wildly from game to game, and he didn’t do much to improve on his weaknesses over the course of the season, though the one thing that remained consistent throughout was his intense, smothering defense. We covered Bradley extensively less than two months ago here, but with many indications suggesting he’ll be entering his name in the draft, it’s worth taking a more detailed look at this unconventional player whose stock is likely to be all over scout’s boards.

Bradley is a somewhat unique prospect in that there really isn’t anyone in the NBA with his skill set, and there are questions about how easily he’ll be able to find a niche. The majority of undersized pure 2’s in the NBA are versatile scorers that can consistently create their own shot, while Bradley on the other hand is a more selective shooter who isn’t adept at getting to the rim, though is also an outstanding defender.

Bradley’s lack of anything resembling playmaking skills or a point guard mentality may be his most concerning attribute projecting to the pros, as it’ll be very tough to play him at the 1-spot without great shot-creators around him. While Bradley is capable of making flow-of-the-offense passes to open shooters at times, when he puts the ball on the floor he goes into clear scorer mode, looking exclusively for his own shot, even out of pick-and-roll scenarios. Developing into a more versatile pick-and-roll threat could vastly open up his own offense, while also giving teams another reason to give him playing time. This might be the most important thing to follow as the freshman’s career progresses.

Bradley’s strongest offensive attribute is undoubtedly his jump shot, which he is very reliable with in catch-and-shoot situations and pulling up off one or two quick, compact dribbles. While lacking much in the line of advanced moves, Bradley still does an excellent job getting separation for his jumper by using shot fakes, jab steps, and rip moves in combination with good footwork and a good first step. The interesting thing about Bradley’s shot is that in spite of having very good form, boasting great elevation and a high and quick release, he’s still prone to many shots that completely miss the mark, and he’s shooting a surprisingly poor 55% from the free-throw line (albeit on a limited 66 attempts).

Speaking of free throws, another major problem area in Bradley’s game is his inability to get to the line, something that most combo guards in today’s NBA are expected to do. He ranks dead last in free throws attempted per-40 minutes pace adjusted amongst all players in our 2010 or 2011 mock drafts in fact, drawing just 66 attempts in 1000 minutes this season, or one for every 15 minutes he’s on the floor.

Read this link and see if you come away with the same impression that you just tried to enlighten the board with - I think not.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Avery-Bradley-5285/#ixzz11bnc7AGz
    http://www.draftexpress.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : High school / college studs:  Augustin, Felton, Jameer Nelson, Marcus Williams (U Conn), D West, blah blah blah.... I am not saying that Bradley won't be a stud, he may well be. I am already glad he is a Celtic, no need to wait a couple of years. I think this forum should try to use terms with at least some level of definition:  players are quite often annointed great, steals in the draft, tweeners, etc. Steals in the draft are Gilbert Arenas type players, not players that are annointed at the press conference and go on to become 6th men or role players. The term great is thrown around on this board way too much - it really cheapens the truly great players, e.g. people talk about how Rondo is a great player - what does that mean Larry Bird was? I like Bradley and I want to see him be a very solid contributor in the not too distant future but I am not ready to say stud.  Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Deron Williams - studs, Bradley - not so much - YET. NCAA Weekly Performers, 3/25/10 March 25, 2010 Joseph Treutlein Avery Bradley has had an inconsistent freshman season, not unlike many of his teammates and the Texas Longhorns as a whole. Bradley’s shots and production fluctuated wildly from game to game, and he didn’t do much to improve on his weaknesses over the course of the season, though the one thing that remained consistent throughout was his intense, smothering defense. We covered Bradley extensively less than two months ago here, but with many indications suggesting he’ll be entering his name in the draft, it’s worth taking a more detailed look at this unconventional player whose stock is likely to be all over scout’s boards. Bradley is a somewhat unique prospect in that there really isn’t anyone in the NBA with his skill set, and there are questions about how easily he’ll be able to find a niche. The majority of undersized pure 2’s in the NBA are versatile scorers that can consistently create their own shot, while Bradley on the other hand is a more selective shooter who isn’t adept at getting to the rim, though is also an outstanding defender. Bradley’s lack of anything resembling playmaking skills or a point guard mentality may be his most concerning attribute projecting to the pros, as it’ll be very tough to play him at the 1-spot without great shot-creators around him. While Bradley is capable of making flow-of-the-offense passes to open shooters at times, when he puts the ball on the floor he goes into clear scorer mode, looking exclusively for his own shot, even out of pick-and-roll scenarios. Developing into a more versatile pick-and-roll threat could vastly open up his own offense, while also giving teams another reason to give him playing time. This might be the most important thing to follow as the freshman’s career progresses. Bradley’s strongest offensive attribute is undoubtedly his jump shot, which he is very reliable with in catch-and-shoot situations and pulling up off one or two quick, compact dribbles. While lacking much in the line of advanced moves, Bradley still does an excellent job getting separation for his jumper by using shot fakes, jab steps, and rip moves in combination with good footwork and a good first step. The interesting thing about Bradley’s shot is that in spite of having very good form, boasting great elevation and a high and quick release, he’s still prone to many shots that completely miss the mark, and he’s shooting a surprisingly poor 55% from the free-throw line (albeit on a limited 66 attempts). Speaking of free throws, another major problem area in Bradley’s game is his inability to get to the line, something that most combo guards in today’s NBA are expected to do. He ranks dead last in free throws attempted per-40 minutes pace adjusted amongst all players in our 2010 or 2011 mock drafts in fact, drawing just 66 attempts in 1000 minutes this season, or one for every 15 minutes he’s on the floor. Read this link and see if you come away with the same impression that you just tried to enlighten the board with - I think not. From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Avery-Bradley-5285/#ixzz11bnc7AGz http://www.draftexpress.com

Didn't read the link, but reading your post, and Red Stains impresses me even more.  This is a 19 yr old kid who is just scratching the surface of his potential. I am excited he will learn behind Ray and Rondo....I hope he recovers from  his injury so we can see him play very soon

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : Didn't read the link, but reading your post, and Red Stains impresses me even more.  This is a 19 yr old kid who is just scratching the surface of his potential. I am excited he will learn behind Ray and Rondo....I hope he recovers from  his injury so we can see him play very soon

Didn't read the link but impressed with something you did read - so you read Dr. Seuss and not Tolstoy but Dr. Seuss is better.... that seems logical.

I agree he is scratching the surface and hope that he is a C for a long time but the player does not usually measure up to the hype - he is a tweener without true point guard skills and who is too small to play the two effectively.

Potential - unlimited...  let's see if he can play up to it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : Didn't read the link but impressed with something you did read - so you read Dr. Seuss and not Tolstoy but Dr. Seuss is better.... that seems logical. I agree he is scratching the surface and hope that he is a C for a long time but the player does not usually measure up to the hype - he is a tweener without true point guard skills and who is too small to play the two effectively. Potential - unlimited...  let's see if he can play up to it.

Your attempt at humor is sophomoric at best.  You cease to amuse me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is going to happen with Avery Bradley? : Your attempt at humor is sophomoric at best.  You cease to amuse me!

The degree to which I amuse affects me is sub-zero (pun intended).  The uneducated and unintelligent and moronic crap that I have read here never ceases to amaze me.  Correcting people and setting them straight so that they can join the ranks whose IQ is at least at the level of some bad gas associated a pepperoni pizza that I had last Thurs night.... you were not posting here when someone challenged me to name a better point guard in the division than D West... the other point guards at the time were AI, Marbury, Jason Kidd, and Gilbert Arenas - or something like that.... so the coccoon wrapped regionalistic myopic poster basically looked in and could not look out and see that every point guard in the division and most in the league were better than Delonte West.  Hello   -  every point guard in the division was better than D West....

What you will find here is that the lowest common denominator is constantly available and challenged and finds offense to any indication that they might be incorrect and worse that they think they know all there is to know about players, the league, etc. but what they really know is what they hear from friends and posters here.

The rule of thumb here is say it enough and it is true especially when it could not be further from the truth.  The Wiz may have 3 point guards better than Rondo but in 2 years Rondo might not even be the best on his own roster.

Just like ''Perkins is a borderline all-star' and that nobody gives Howard a better game but they were able to go and get two guys off the scrap heap with almost nothing left in the tank that are both better than Perk.

As I said I cannot even begin to imagine how your thoughts affect my opinion, I will continue to express my opinion.

What happens here quite often is I say things about a player that many in the national media and or anyone that has any level of objectivity can express and it is dismissed by everyone here and then......

eventually they come around and cannot begin to credit to anyone.....

All of last season I wrote how Rondo costs their offense and is the only point guard perceived to be "great" and create pressure on his own offense at the same time.... nobody could understand how Rondo could be creating pressure on his own offense.  I even said that Rondo cost them the title because of his inability to make a 15 foot jumper and even create a remote threat that is one of the most basic fundamental skills of a good point guard.  Doc came out and said as much but there are no posters here that can possibly say that I was correct.  What they say instead is that there is nobody in the league that they would trade Rondo for and even more laughable Rondo "does what this team needs him to" as if not being able to shoot, finish, make jumpers, and make routine 3s, is something that point guards do on a regular basis.

Idiot posters reminded me that it is not the job of a point guard to make jumpers as long as he can set up his teammates - I reminded them - well unless of course he is a good point guard.

After the season Doc admitted that Rondo created a lot of pressure on the offense with his inability to make a jumper let alone being the worst ft shooter in the league.

In the first Indiana Jones there is a scene where a guy displays some very cool sword skills and then the guy receives a bullet between the eyes..... I think you will find that quite often.....

the teacher says... the test will be 100 questions.... one guy studies really hard, learns as much as possible, feels very confident going into the test - he answers the hundred questions and might get 5% wrong - final grade 95%... the rest of the posters know that there is going to be 100 questions on the test, they don't study, they hope that 70% of what they know will be on the test, get 10% of those that they know wrong because they are running out of time and they get a 63% on the test.......

congratulations.... you have started posting to those that get 63% on the test and are trying to argue with the guy that gets the 95%.......

55 wins, admittedly tanking games, and conserving minutes until the playoffs....

year 5 of Rondo - he has had 24 years to do nothing but learn how to shoot and cannot shoot.... the positives do not outweigh the negatives..... he shows up to play for team USA and the best coach in the world says we cannot have 2 non shooters on the floor at the same time....

Tommy Heinsohn said last year that Chris Paul had 4 years of school and Rondo only played two at Kentucky so Rondo is way ahead of Rondo in terms of game and experience and skills and so on and so forth and after that interview posters raved about Tommy's comments.... when posed with the fact that Tommy was factually incorrect and that Paul only played two years at G Tech and only a little more than a year older than Rondo it was dismissed and idiots here said that they would not trade Rondo for anyone... lowest common denominator...

Tommy Heinsohn thinks it is a great accomplisment to be able to properly pronounce other players names.

Last year I posted that Westbrook is a superior player to Rondo and I was pounded... Coach K agrees....  Tommy Heinsohn once said that if Rondo could develop that in between - mid-range game he would be in the HOF in his 7th year.... it happened to be in a game where Westbrook made about 4 straight floaters in the lane to start the game and totally dominated the game - the posters on this forum responded that it was because Rondo was playing down to the competition and they were tanking games and saving minutes for the playoffs......

WELCOME ABOARD....  oh, and bring your A game... not stupid idiotic moronic uneducated opinions

p.s. there are posters here that had both Al Jefferson and Perkins as perennial all-stars.... 15 years of NBA experience.... more DUIs and kids than all-star games.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

CP3 went to Wake Forest, not GTech.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

From what I saw from Von Wafer I think Bradley is going to make the 12-man roster. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I won't bore any of you with being long winded and repetitious about Rondo.  West brook will not win singlehandedly two championship series games.  CP3 needs to go head to head with Rondo this year and outplay him if he is so much better.  I know Rondo's shortcomings but I will predict he will outplay CP3 consistently this year and in years to come. Rondo is like Magic Johnson his shot isn't pretty but by the time he is done he will be breaking opposing teams hearts with big time shots.  The guy is for real and you all will see it again and again in the years to come.

Sections
Shortcuts