what is our #1 need?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

what is our #1 need?

is it a legit 7-foot center who can defend the rim and rebound?

is it a legit 2 who can hit from deep and space the floor?

is it a 3 who is more consistent and more of a scoring threat night in/night out?

i believe we are set (as is) at the 1 and the 4. trades can change any of that. i believe we have a serviceable 3. therefore, i think we need a 5 or a 2 more than anything else. i like bradley at the 2, but i like him off the bench. i don't think he's a legit enough scorer to be our starter at the 2, although he has certainly made strides. maybe that leaves me thinking that the 5 is by far our biggest need, with the other positions serviceable but certainly upgradable.

all of that said, do we go all in on a guy like embiid if we're confident in his health, maybe even moving up to take him if necessary?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: what is our #1 need?

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

is it a 3 who is more consistent and more of a scoring threat night in/night out?

i believe we are set (as is) at the 1 and the 4. trades can change any of that. i believe we have a serviceable 3. therefore, i think we need a 5 or a 2 more than anything else. i like bradley at the 2, but i like him off the bench. i don't think he's a legit enough scorer to be our starter at the 2, although he has certainly made strides. maybe that leaves me thinking that the 5 is by far our biggest need, with the other positions serviceable but certainly upgradable.

all of that said, do we go all in on a guy like embiid if we're confident in his health, maybe even moving up to take him if necessary?

[/QUOTE]

For once, I agree.  We're totally set at the 1 and 4.  We have a servicable 3.  What shall we do?

I'd pass on Embiid.  His back's busted because he's a complete push-over.  WCS, the poorman's Embiid, is also a lightweight.  Can't picture either of them as a franchise C.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

We need a 5 and a 2 most, put our pg is a free agent next year.

PF is the only position the Celtics are set at and the only one they have depth at beyond next year.

Sully and Oly are the only two guys on the team that I would bet would still be here after next season.

The Celtics need 13 guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Best player available. If Wiggins, Parker, Exum, and Embiid are gone Randle would be who i would take. KO and Sully will never be stars in this league, Randle very well could be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Our #1 need is talent.  There is noone on this team that will be a starter on the next Celtics championship.  So why worry about position.  Draft talent and build around that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

PF is the only position the Celtics are set at and the only one they have depth at beyond next year.

Sully and Oly are the only two guys on the team that I would bet would still be here after next season.

[/QUOTE]

you don't even know how to spell "but". god this place is pitiful. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always get that mixed up. People always get confused when I tell them how much I like Pasketpall.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always get that mixed up. People always get confused when I tell them how much I like Pasketpall.

[/QUOTE]

looks like a touched a nerve. embrace your idiocy, don't get so offended by it.

[/QUOTE]

No I was being serious. I don't know the difference between put and but. 

I have no idea how to spell but, so I just guess.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

looks like a touched a nerve. embrace your idiocy, don't get so offended by it.

[/QUOTE]

No I was being serious. I don't know the difference between put and but. 

I have no idea how to spell but, so I just guess.

[/QUOTE]

i believe you. that's probably why you don't get much work. try harder, kid. it will come to you eventually.

[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for believing me babe. It's one of the reasons I like you so much. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

and it's even more creepy that ya call me babe. that's really strange, kid. "put" i like you too so it's all good.

[/QUOTE]

Cool babe.  Have a good night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

and it's even more creepy that ya call me babe. that's really strange, kid. "put" i like you too so it's all good.

but, put? who GAF. honestly. ever hear of a typo?

you think too fast and the mind leads you the wrong way then you type wrong...  oops.

its not like 37 has the english of Commie..... he made a mistake

stop harassing for no damn reason

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's only 2:30pm in Las Vegas, so you can wish me a good day. and thank you. 

[/QUOTE]

Have a good day babe.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's only 2:30pm in Las Vegas, so you can wish me a good day. and thank you. 

[/QUOTE]

Have a good day babe.

[/QUOTE]

thanks hun

[/QUOTE]

Aww. So cute.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For once, I agree.  We're totally set at the 1 and 4.  We have a servicable 3.  What shall we do?

I'd pass on Embiid.  His back's busted because he's a complete push-over.  WCS, the poorman's Embiid, is also a lightweight.  Can't picture either of them as a franchise C.

[/QUOTE]

===============================

I agfree about passing on Embiid and I'm not in love with any other Center.

We have 2 first round picks coming up and then we have 10 draft picks in next couple of years.  Maybe we could trade a few for an Omer Asik and some other Vets to play with our other 2 first round picks and Rondo, Sully, Oly, Bradley etc. I'd unload Wallace, if possible, and Bass and Green too. I believe any of the rookie forwards we draft to sub for Oly & Sully will be better that these 3 players. I like Hump but feel he'll be gone. Then hope to draft a Center next year !!!

Can someone answer me this: if we draft a player who is a not a senior and declares eligibility and then decides to stay in school, do we keep the pick until the player graduates or can we trade the pick etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

We need a go to guy and a leader.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

=================================

I agree about passing on Embiid and I am not in love with any other Center choices.

We have 2 first round picks coming up and then we have 10 draft picks in next couple of years.  Maybe we could trade a few for an Omer Asik and also another  Vet or two to play with our other  2 first round picks this year and Rondo, Sully, Oly, Bradley etc. I'd unload Wallace, if possible, and Bass and Green too. I believe any of the rookie forwards we draft to sub for Oly & Sully will be better that these 3 players. I like Hump but  feel he'll be gone.

Can someone answer me this: if we draft a player who is a not a senior and declares eligibility and then decides to stay in school, do we keep the pick until the player graduates or can we trade the pick etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This one...right here...HE KNOWS!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts