What is the best we could get for Rondo, Bass, Green????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

What is the best we could get for Rondo, Bass, Green????

If we lose Love and go young, just what could we get for Rondo?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: What is the best we could get for Rondo, Bass, Green????

Teams that could use a PG of his caliber:

SAC - #9 pick, Jason Thompson and Isaiah Thomas...............plus filler

NYK - Chandler???  Prob not a match

HOU - Asik and #25

IND- Hill and Mahinmi

LAL - #7 and Nash

Bass - I have no clue

Green - apparently they have a team that will take him, so we'll know when we know

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

If we lose Love and go young, just what could we get for Rondo?  

I wouldn't mind getting Asik, Parsons, Lin & their 25th pick(2014) for RR, Green, Bass & our 10 mil trade exception(to make the monies work). We would then have #'s 6, 17, & 25 to possibly rebuild or land Love in this summer of Love...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I'm in favor of the LAL deal to get #7.  But if Rajon's value has sunk too much to get a lottery pick then I wonder if the Raptors would be interested in him if they lose Lowry in free agency? 

Rondo for #20, #37, Terrence Ross, John Salmons expiring contract.

It doesn't seem like equal value, but the Celts will probably be in the same position as the TWolves right now, except that RR has nowhere near the trade value of KLove. 

I'd put Rondo's value slightly under James Harden's when he was traded to the Rockets. OKC received 2 mid-late firsts, a 2nd, Jeremy Lamb, and Kevin Martins expiring + filler. The difference in value basically equaling one first round pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I'd wonder if the Magic might think Rondo worth the #4. They're going to go PG more than likely anyway. Would they rather take a veteran guy like Rondo than a flier on a project like Smart or a virtual unknown in Exum?

As for Bass, I liken him a lot to a guy like David Lee. Lee is slightly better on the defensive end, and Bass seems to have a better mid-range game, but if the Warriors aren't the ones who land Love, then I'd look for Danny to undercut any potential Lee trades with the cheaper option of Bass. (Humphries in a S&T works here as well).

As for Green...he's still the huge question. Are they going to be able to get a lottery pick for him? I REALLY doubt it, but he's that guy who could be the final piece to the puzzle. He does just about everything well, and can turn it on to do any one thing great on a given night in ten. He can't be relied on to be "The Guy" on a nightly basis, but with him as the last cog? I don't want to steal too much from KD, but can anyone see him not succeeding if he was in Leonard's position? Surrounded like that I think he'd look like a star on occasion, but the team could still win when he wasn't, and without the pressure, he might do it more often. Now, what teams are out there with that kind of a core to plug him into? No clue. But I think Houston might be a pretty good fit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd wonder if the Magic might think Rondo worth the #4. They're going to go PG more than likely anyway. Would they rather take a veteran guy like Rondo than a flier on a project like Smart or a virtual unknown in Exum?

As for Bass, I liken him a lot to a guy like David Lee. Lee is slightly better on the defensive end, and Bass seems to have a better mid-range game, but if the Warriors aren't the ones who land Love, then I'd look for Danny to undercut any potential Lee trades with the cheaper option of Bass. (Humphries in a S&T works here as well).

As for Green...he's still the huge question. Are they going to be able to get a lottery pick for him? I REALLY doubt it, but he's that guy who could be the final piece to the puzzle. He does just about everything well, and can turn it on to do any one thing great on a given night in ten. He can't be relied on to be "The Guy" on a nightly basis, but with him as the last cog? I don't want to steal too much from KD, but can anyone see him not succeeding if he was in Leonard's position? Surrounded like that I think he'd look like a star on occasion, but the team could still win when he wasn't, and without the pressure, he might do it more often. Now, what teams are out there with that kind of a core to plug him into? No clue. But I think Houston might be a pretty good fit.

[/QUOTE]

No they would not rather do that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think we could get the most value from Houston who would probably give us asik,sign and trade Parsons,Beverly and #25 for RR, Bogans and Anthony.  Bass will be an expiring contract so he will probably bring more value at the trade deadline. Green, depends on what a team needs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

"rondo, bass and green" represent a stale cruller worth of basketball worth for a championship bound team.  all are overpaid and/or under-perform

IF you ever packaged the three of them you would receive even worse rubbish in return contract-wise- that would be my prediction

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"rondo, bass and green" represent a stale cruller worth of basketball worth for a championship bound team.  all are overpaid and/or under-perform

IF you ever packaged the three of them you would receive even worse rubbish in return contract-wise- that would be my prediction

[/QUOTE]Sorry, did not mean they would need to be packaged but what do you think we could get for them, if we do not get Love and or Anthony then we will be looking at unloading players that at a certain age or stage of there career.

Sections
Shortcuts