What is the Draft Order Next Year, if there is No NBA Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What is the Draft Order Next Year, if there is No NBA Season?

Does anyone know what the draft order would be next year if there is no NBA season? I am guessing the NBA would use the previous years draft order, or develop and implement a lottery type system (for all teams) to determine draft selection / order.  

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What is the Draft Order Next Year, if there is No NBA Season?

I think it would be the same, which means we do NOT get the Clips pick.  Could be wrong here, but I don't think so!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What is the Draft Order Next Year, if there is No NBA Season?:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=lockoutFAQ-110701 If the lockout lasts an entire season, what will happen with the 2012 draft? How will the draft order be determined?   If the season is canceled and the sides come to an agreement by next June, the 2012 draft should go on as planned. The draft order will be a little tricky. There will be no season upon which to determine the order, and they can't just repeat the 2011 draft order -- that would "reward" teams twice for the same bad season in 2010-11. The NHL was faced with this dilemma when it lost its 2004-05 season to a lockout. The league settled on a weighted lottery that included all 30 teams. The weighting was based on playoff appearances over the previous three seasons and first overall picks over the previous four seasons. The NBA would likely adopt a similar system should the 2011-12 season be canceled. It would be a one-time occurrence -- the league would revert to its usual system the following year.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and either way, goodbye to the thought of Austin Rivers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Thanks for the information Fiercest 34. A weighted loto is one way to resolve the issue. We likely would have a lesser chance of landing the Clips protected pick (with a weighted lotto).

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What is the Draft Order Next Year, if there is No NBA Season?:
    [QUOTE]All the coaches should play a one on one game against each other to see who gets the first pick.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Great idea (wink wink)
    So:
    we get #5
    Clips get #4
    NJ gets #3
    Sacramento gets #2
    and the winner of the #1 pick - Kirk style - the Houston Rockets!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Kirk6, I like that idea, even though it may not bode well for the C's (depends on how much Doc has left in the tank).

With the above stated, there is no doubt Jordan would name himself coach, lace them back up, and carry his team to the number 1 pick. Note, I am imagining MJ dunking on Stan Van Gundy :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I say the ghost of Red Auerbach decides which franchise picks first. It seems like the fair way to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I would be all for going with an alphabetical order (city name) type system!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Kirk6, I like that idea, even though it may not bode well for the C's (depends on how much Doc has left in the tank). With the above stated, there is no doubt Jordan would name himself coach, lace them back up, and carry his team to the number 1 pick. Note, I am imagining MJ dunking on Stan Van Gundy :)
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Agree that if Jordan was to play a game against the other coaches he would definitely win. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

If there is a lottery, weighted or otherwise, I guarantee you the Lakers will get a high pick, the Celtics a low one.  And that fact alone will tell you everything you have long suspected about NBA lotteries.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

So does the free agent class of 2012, then become the free agent class of 2013?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]If there is a lottery, weighted or otherwise, I guarantee you the Lakers will get a high pick, the Celtics a low one.  And that fact alone will tell you everything you have long suspected about NBA lotteries.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

What, that it's fixed?  NO WAY, man.  Ewing, Yao Ming, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Greg Oden, Kevin Durant - and let's not forget CLE getting 2 of the top 4 picks the year after Lebron left - that was all totally legit.

On the other hand, the lakers getting TWO #1 picks, and the Celtics having to settle for 3 and 5 in a season they won 15 games?  NO WAY, that's legit, too!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.