What is the latest with Shaq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: What is the latest with Shaq?

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq?:
    In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : You're a heat fan but you don't even know how many games they played against the celtics?  I hardly think you can say you know how to play the celtics when your only win (and really only competetive looking game) was when Shaq was out and the Celtics were playing like crap.  So far it looks like you know how to lose against the Celtics.
    Posted by maverick685

Our only competitive game.............?

Wait a minute...the first game we played the celtics our big3 played like crap including a terrible game by wade and we came back and lost but by a few points.

Did you even watch that game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : It was 4, Mr. Knowledgeable ,and you lost 3.
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Ok lost 3 and won the last one where jermaine mr yellow oneal was the starting center...OH and perkins wasnt a member of the celtics anymore.

You all going to regret that move forever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : The only spanking that anyone with any knowledge of bball would be the last time the Heat spanked the Cs.  The Cs beat the Heat in the first game of the season where Wade had missed most of the preseason, then two weeks later the Cs beat the Heat by 5. The last time they played (how you like me now?), the Cs were spanked by the Heat.  In the 4 games, the Heat averaged 92 ppg while giving up 90 ppg.  In the last 3 combined games Heat / Bulls the Cs failed to score 80 let alone 90.  That does not bode well for the Cs. I am not sure you could find any real fans that understand bball that think that the 6ers were not better than the Knicks but the Knicks lose 2 of their 3 best players and that somehow catapults the Cs past the Heat. The Heat will completely dominate the 6ers to end that series and have several days to prepare for a team that they dominated last time they played them. I am saying now I think the over / under ppg for the Cs is 75 in how many games./...... how many games?   I am guessing the Cs are under 75 in 2 of the 7 games.  But when all is said and done, it will go 7 and the Heat will use the home court advantage to advance to the conference finals against the Bulls.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

That's some real chowderheaded logic you got going there dudder. So the heat are better than the Celtics because they won the last game they played against us. Yet the 76ers are better than the knicks even though the knicks whooped the 76ers the last time they played. Logical consistency is not one of your strong points is it? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

dudder are you talking about this year or next year? boston will win the series in 5 games! trust me!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

If Shaq couldn't play in the next series, then I think he is all done for the season. But we can still beat Miami or Philly, with or without Shaq, trust me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think the only logical thought is Shaq is done for the season. Would be better to formulate the game plan that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq apparently didn't practice with the team today.  I don't know how to look at this in positive way but how can we be surprised.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : Our only competitive game.............? Wait a minute...the first game we played the celtics our big3 played like crap including a terrible game by wade and we came back and lost but by a few points. Did you even watch that game?
    Posted by Wade3

Must be you were asleep the months Celts played Heat twice....Wade was in la la land and Lebra was all they could muster....one trick pony show!  Again...we know how to beat this team...let Lebra get his 40 and shut down everyone else!  Your coach will beat you....he's nervous and talks like a teacher on her first day in first grade...he tries to talk tuff but comes across as a sure panty waste!  Celts will sweep the Heat's sorry a s s!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Didnt we beat the HEat 3x without Perk this season?

Also, whinning that the HEat lost the season opener cause Wade didnt play well etc... well, thats what happens many times when stars play a focused Celtics team, they melt...  Just like last years playoffs, against an injured Celtics team, Wade was a pussycat... havnig one big game and getting b slapped around the court the other 4.

btw, I like Wade, hes got skills no other guard in the NBA has but facts are facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

We're all curious. I have a good feeling that he's going to play Sunday. We'll know soon enough.
    Posted by mem17

Just a hunch but I think we see Shaq for Game 3 in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's kind of like in the 70s Boston band Duke and the Drivers, every night they would announce that" the Duke couldn't be there tonight but he will be back with us tommorrow...." Shaq can't play tonight but he will be withn us for game 2.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WongTiaoChingSui. Show WongTiaoChingSui's posts

Shaq will be ready in game 1, just saw him eating a lot of Burritos, which is a sign he is ready.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

What a handle: WongTiaoChingSui! WOW-I should have named myself after the Wu Tang Clan! (LOL)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think without any positive information regarding practice. Shaq might not be in the Heat series.  I am very discouraged by this ordeal and think we may be have to assume the truth is he is not going to play and it is never going to be stated directly until we face elimination or win the title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I had Shaq's injury a few years ago.  Got it playing tennis.  Actually had 2 versions of the injury - one really bad and one really annoying.

The bad version was a tear.  I don't think he has that one.  When it happened, I thought someone had shot me in the calf.  Couldn't put any weight on it.  Took several months to heal and that included trips to PT and daily ice treaments.

The annoying version was a pull.  Not nearly as bad.  The problem with this version is that it can feel healed until it get's stretched a little too far and then it's like a stinger up the leg and it's basically repulled.  Jumping for dunk and rebounds can definitely tweak it.

I think Shaq has the annoying injury.  The longer he stays off it, the better.  Don't even think about coming back until the Conference finals, and only then if the C's are down in the series.  Save it for when the C's need the big fella.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : Our only competitive game.............? Wait a minute...the first game we played the celtics our big3 played like crap including a terrible game by wade and we came back and lost but by a few points. Did you even watch that game?
    Posted by Wade3

The score doesn't tell the whole story.  The Celtics controlled the whole game up until part way through the 4th when they let off the gas.  By that point the Heat couldn't make up the difference and come back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Shaq apparently didn't practice with the team today.  I don't know how to look at this in positive way but how can we be surprised.  
    Posted by concord27

Word is they plan on trying to practice him on Friday. Not to spin it because I'll believe he is healthy when I see it,  but holding off until Friday makes sense. If he is getting better, if he is getting closer to being able to play, then it makes sense to wait until the last possible minute before testing him out. That way you avoid the possibility of creating your own setback at practice. 

Friday is the last possible minute. Practicing on Friday (IF he can) gives The Celtics trainers time to watch Shaq in practice and then time to evaluate the injury on Saturday, to see how it responds.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq doesn't play, maybe for the whole series, I'm just saying the fact that they are waiting until Friday isn't necessarily any worse of a sign than we have had before. 

One positive though, Shaq was seen without a limp last Friday, by Gary Washburn. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jtkl,
    Your thoughts makes sense.  I feel a little better. Thanks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Per Doc: skeleton work today, practice tomorrow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

We need him back ASAP. This is it now if we want to put up another banner we need Shaq and for him to hand out hard fouls to people. Teams  are still trying to drive the lane and take advantage of us in the paint. It has to end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I really don't think shaq fouling hard is that big of a factor.  I mean, as soon as he goes out that's over, and he's only going to play 10min anyway and that's if we're lucky.  What he does is give us a solid scoring option and create fouls on the opposing team. Every minute he plays is a minute we don't have to play kristic. Defensively he's a liability any way you stack it.

JO on the other hand...that dude is a defensive intimidator.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I really don't think shaq fouling hard is that big of a factor.  I mean, as soon as he goes out that's over, and he's only going to play 10min anyway and that's if we're lucky.  What he does is give us a solid scoring option and create fouls on the opposing team. Every minute he plays is a minute we don't have to play kristic. Defensively he's a liability any way you stack it. JO on the other hand...that dude is a defensive intimidator.
    Posted by cole-ely

Latest that I have heard is practice on Friday and then reinjure it against the Heat on Sunday.... then day to day until the ECF.... then well it won't matter because well after game 7 against the Heat, the Cs will start their longest offseason they have had since the BIG 3 were brought together......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

"Shaq might start practice this Friday" ... "Shaq might start practice this Friday"...[repeat again and again]  Tune in next week for the latest: "Shaq might start practice this Friday" broken record.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : You're on Dude!  No way on this planet that Celtics sweep Heat in this up coming series.  If Heat win one game in this series, you have to spank heldley's a s s cherry red and If Celtics sweep, I'll eat green patty cakes and chase it with green beer! 
    Posted by greeneater1

You are just one classy guy!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I hear snaq is wedged on his lounge chair with a box of Kreme donuts on one side and a bucket of Colonel Sanders finest on the other.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

I  hear a creaky knee. is that Andrew bynum?

Sections
Shortcuts