What is the latest with Shaq?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What is the latest with Shaq?

We had a few days to relax.  What is happening with Shaq?  Is he going to play in the opener of the next series?  I have high hopes no matter what but this drama needs to play out as this series will be far more challenging and we need to know who can play.  Actually I am sure the  Celtics know, just that we don't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: What is the latest with Shaq?

In Response to What is the latest with Shaq?:
    We had a few days to relax.  What is happening with Shaq?  Is he going to play in the opener of the next series?  I have high hopes no matter what but this drama needs to play out as this series will be far more challenging and we need to know who can play.  Actually I am sure the  Celtics know, just that we don't.
    Posted by concord27

I haven't heard anything about Shaq.   I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play for the remainder of the season.  We can remain optimistic and hope that he can indeed contribute even a few minutes a game during the next playoff series.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Welp, I just heard the earliest start we would have is sunday if Miami closed out tonight.  That gives us a whole week of rest and almost a month for Shaq?

I think even if Shaq doesnt play game 1 in this series, there is still hope of him returning later.  I am acting like he is not here and will welcome him if/when it happens.  I am not one that is in the camp of Shaq or Die in terms of playoff success.  I think the team can find ways to win without him.  We just need JON to keep up the good "D" and keep improving with no setbacks...he has got to be feeling good by now.  Shaq is essentially an assistant coach and consultant for our big man, IMO.  Could be some value there....and Im not giving up on the big fella until HE officially sais he is done, which is what he would do because he is a class act, but I dont think anyone knows but Shaq...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    IMO, Shaq's presence on the floor will be a big bonus. Right now it looks similar to the KG situation of 2 years ago. But unlike KG if Shaq comes back he can play 5-7-10 minutes and be a big help.
    Let's hope he will play. At this point it's the only thing we can do.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

an injured shaq is better than troy murphy any day of the week. i hope he will play against the heat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I think to play psychology with the HEAT, Doc should just say he will be a game time decision. So, the HEAT would not know how to play us and worry about Shaq to be or not to be that is the ?.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to What is the latest with Shaq?:
    Posted by concord27

Seein ICYHOT commercials are really starting to bug me... that s hit obviously doesn't work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I don't think we are going to hear anyhting until the Celtics start practicing again. When they do, We'll see reports about whether Shaq participated or not. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq?:
    I think to play psychology with the HEAT, Doc should just say he will be a game time decision. So, the HEAT would not know how to play us and worry about Shaq to be or not to be that is the ?.
    Posted by ojmega

We played 4 or 5 games against the celtics in the regular season. We already know how to play the celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Per Doc, Shaq won't go today or tomorrow. First practice is set for Friday.

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : We played 4 or 5 games against the celtics in the regular season. We already know how to play the celtics.
    Posted by Wade3

Yes and you know that went for the Heat when Shaq was out there.

Here's the problem Spoelstra has IMO...no way to match up with Shaq if he goes. Anthony is no match and Z is a joke inside. And this extra time is giving the Celtics more of an opportunity to get the Daddy ready. Not what Spoelstra wanted!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : We played 4 or 5 games against the celtics in the regular season. We already know how to play the celtics.
    Posted by Wade3

You're a heat fan but you don't even know how many games they played against the celtics?  I hardly think you can say you know how to play the celtics when your only win (and really only competetive looking game) was when Shaq was out and the Celtics were playing like crap.  So far it looks like you know how to lose against the Celtics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The latest on Shaq is that he is 7 feet tall and 300 pounds with an injury that requires months of rest to fully heal. 

"an injured shaq is better than troy murphy any day of the week. i hope he will play against the heat"

I disagree. I hope Shaq doesn't play much at all. The wisest use of Shaq is to prep him for when we will really need him, which is against the Lakers if they make it. I think we can beat any other team with limited contributions from Shaq as long as JO keeps playing well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wade  three is a laker troll a la Rico Celtic.  He is portraying himself as a Heat fan.  If PHilly were to win he would change again, perhaps to Elton something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

We're all curious. I have a good feeling that he's going to play Sunday. We'll know soon enough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Doc Rivers: Shaq will not practice today or Thu but will shoot for Friday #celtics
    http://twitter.com/gwashburn14/statuses/63270738152529921

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Per Doc, Shaq won't go today or tomorrow. First practice is set for Friday. In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : Yes and you know that went for the Heat when Shaq was out there. Here's the problem Spoelstra has IMO...no way to match up with Shaq if he goes. Anthony is no match and Z is a joke inside. And this extra time is giving the Celtics more of an opportunity to get the Daddy ready. Not what Spoelstra wanted!
    Posted by cshashaty

Wade missed most of the preason and the Cs won the first game of the season by 8 points.  Two weeks later they played again and won by 5.  So an average of 6.5 in the two wins.  So maybe they have no way to match up with Shaq, do they have a way to match up with Shaq while he is waving a towel and wearing a $5000 suit?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : Wade missed most of the preason and the Cs won the first game of the season by 8 points.  Two weeks later they played again and won by 5.  So an average of 6.5 in the two wins.  So maybe they have no way to match up with Shaq, do they have a way to match up with Shaq while he is waving a towel and wearing a $5000 suit?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

This year he's playing for the VET minimum. I'll bet the suit was bought at K & G, or Men's Wearhouse-He's gonna' like the way he looks-Plus Shaunie is taking big alimony and child support money!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : This year he's playing for the VET minimum. I'll bet the suit was bought at K & G, or Men's Wearhouse-He's gonna' like the way he looks-Plus Shaunie is taking big alimony and child support money!
    Posted by JREwing

I believe he has made over $300million just in contracts not including doing ads, etc.  I am not sure K & G or Men's Wearhouse make custom suits.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Shaq does make a lot more in advertisements than he does playing basketball. He  also had a his own television show last summer. Shaq can afford to buy the whole franchise of Men's Wearhouse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by Wade3

It was 4, Mr. Knowledgeable ,and you lost 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : Wade missed most of the preason and the Cs won the first game of the season by 8 points.  Two weeks later they played again and won by 5.  So an average of 6.5 in the two wins.  So maybe they have no way to match up with Shaq, do they have a way to match up with Shaq while he is waving a towel and wearing a $5000 suit?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dudder`s become such a big Heat fan.Why doesn`t he join his brethren on the Heat board. I`m sure his soulmate pud would be happy to accompany him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: What is the latest with Shaq? : This year he's playing for the VET minimum. I'll bet the suit was bought at K & G, or Men's Wearhouse-He's gonna' like the way he looks-Plus Shaunie is taking big alimony and child support money!
    Posted by JREwing

Dudder is so bitter that Rondo is playing well that he`s given up all pretense of rooting for the Celts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Yea...the Troll don't know squat but for his information, we have spanked the Heat when it mattered...they aint got Ubantu...we do....Shaq is not needed for this series...he won't play until we get to the Lakers in the FINALS...he knows his way around LA and that's where he will come in handy!  

Spoelstra looks like a deer in headlights in the final minute and does not know what to say in the huddle...I feel sorry for the talent around him....I bet they talk about him behind his back....also, what with all that acne around his mouth...or is it Lebra's giz? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I would assume as much.  Don't get me wrong, I have thought all along Shaq would be the difference as the playoffs progressed.  But now I think he is the difference between winning the title and working on the golf swing.

I think we should start a projection thread..... I have the Heat in 7..... where are we all?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Yea...the Troll don't know squat but for his information, we have spanked the Heat when it mattered...they aint got Ubantu...we do....Shaq is not needed for this series...he won't play until we get to the Lakers in the FINALS...he knows his way around LA and that's where he will come in handy!   Spoelstra looks like a deer in headlights in the final minute and does not know what to say in the huddle...I feel sorry for the talent around him....I bet they talk about him behind his back....also, what with all that acne around his mouth...or is it Lebra's giz? 
    Posted by Tabuckiss

The only spanking that anyone with any knowledge of bball would be the last time the Heat spanked the Cs.  The Cs beat the Heat in the first game of the season where Wade had missed most of the preseason, then two weeks later the Cs beat the Heat by 5.

The last time they played (how you like me now?), the Cs were spanked by the Heat. 

In the 4 games, the Heat averaged 92 ppg while giving up 90 ppg.  In the last 3 combined games Heat / Bulls the Cs failed to score 80 let alone 90.  That does not bode well for the Cs.

I am not sure you could find any real fans that understand bball that think that the 6ers were not better than the Knicks but the Knicks lose 2 of their 3 best players and that somehow catapults the Cs past the Heat.

The Heat will completely dominate the 6ers to end that series and have several days to prepare for a team that they dominated last time they played them.

I am saying now I think the over / under ppg for the Cs is 75 in how many games./...... how many games?   I am guessing the Cs are under 75 in 2 of the 7 games.  But when all is said and done, it will go 7 and the Heat will use the home court advantage to advance to the conference finals against the Bulls.

Sections
Shortcuts